How annoying is the port covers?

Search This thread

kuromusha38

Feb 16, 2014
Sydney
The only that's stopping getting the S5 is the annoying port covers, I do not want to open the cover every time I want to charge or listen no music.

And I don't ever need to use the phone in the rain so what is the point?

moonrakerone

Mar 4, 2011
The cover is only on the charging port, there isn't a headphone jack cover.

You can remove it, but really it's not that inconvenient for the few times a day you'll charge.

Reactions: DistrictDigital

_Gir_

Dec 18, 2011
Totally subjective. I generally only toss the phone on a charger twice a day...to me it's not a big deal to have to move the cover two times.

jopat

May 25, 2014
The only that's stopping getting the S5 is the annoying port covers, I do not want to open the cover every time I want to charge or listen no music.

And I don't ever need to use the phone in the rain so what is the point?

Well, you have 3 options.

1) remove them through the screw
2) pull it forcefully, if you're really annoyed and mad at it :)
3) use a wireless charging kit

#3 will be much better in your case because you don't know when you will really need something. It's much better to have it and not use it than not to have it and need it.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Do what I do then. I got myself a wireless charger. It is comparatively slow to charge compared to wired charging. So, for any topping off charging, or when I have time, I put it on wireless charger. This reduces my need to open port less than once a week.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

does S5 have wireless capability?

You can get a wireless enabled battery cover, or get a small chip from amazon that fits under standard battery cover for less than $25.

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
Just saw a YouTube video of a guy who's S5 USB cover broke after only two months.

User is called adrianisen.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Just saw a YouTube video of a guy who's S5 USB cover broke after only two months.

User is called adrianisen.

Depends a lot on the person's usage pattern too. Assuming same build quality on all phones, a person with delicate handling will take his longer than the one with rough handling. I've seen people yank the charging cables off the phones and crying when it breaks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kuromusha38

Feb 16, 2014
Sydney
Depends a lot on the person's usage pattern too. Assuming same build quality on all phones, a person with delicate handling will take his longer than the one with rough handling. I've seen people yank the charging cables off the phones and crying when it breaks.

that's would be ****ing annoying as hell. Samsung bought an unnecessary step when charging. I charge my phone multiple times a day because I have a habit of charging when I'm at the desk because charging prevents the screen from going off and I prefer to have the phone screen on all the time because I use it as a calendar, reminder and a timer when I'm working.

That's why S5 sucks balls.

I'm waiting for the Note 4, hopefully it will not have any covers.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
that's would be ****ing annoying as hell. Samsung bought an unnecessary step when charging. I charge my phone multiple times a day because I have a habit of charging when I'm at the desk because charging prevents the screen from going off and I prefer to have the phone screen on all the time because I use it as a calendar, reminder and a timer when I'm working.

That's why S5 sucks balls.

I'm waiting for the Note 4, hopefully it will not have any covers.

The cover is for water sealing. You could simply take it off if you don't want it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The cover is only on the charging port, there isn't a headphone jack cover.

You can remove it, but really it's not that inconvenient for the few times a day you'll charge.
    VERY annoying.