M8 Dual Sim - any differences

Search This thread

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
Hi,
well, its getting towards the the (semi) retirement of my (the one and only) HD2.
5 years was a pretty good investment and it still all works great.
but...
I am thinking that the M8 is really the only contender with the possibilities (wishful thinking) of multi boot and maybe even including windows phone 8.
the ideal phone will be the dual sim version for me but i can see all the good stuff going on for the M8 but will everything apply if i get the dual sim version?
what i mean is, are they exactly the same apart from the extra sim?
i dont want to get the dual sim then find out that i cannot take advantage of any of the development going on for the M8.
thanks.

Reactions: ninelo

JellyTooth

Jul 20, 2013
Alexandria
Hi,
well, its getting towards the the (semi) retirement of my (the one and only) HD2.
but...
I am thinking that the M8 is really the only contender with the possibilities (wishful thinking) of multi boot and maybe even including windows phone 8.
the ideal phone will be the dual sim version for me but i can see all the good stuff going on for the M8 but will everything apply if i get the dual sim version?
i dont want to get the dual sim then find out that i cannot take advantage of any of the development going on for the M8.:crying:
thanks.

Don't get the dual sim version trust me i have it before i knew its not supported by dev and now i am so desperate and depressed :crying: and probably it won't be supported anytime soon or maybe forever

Reactions: gazzacbr and ninelo

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
Don't get the dual sim version trust me i have it before i knew its not supported by dev and now i am so desperate and depressed :crying: and probably it won't be supported anytime soon or maybe forever

hmm, ok, thanks for the heads up JellyTooth. that seemed to be the impressions i was getting from the posts here.
thats a shame that it is different as it really seems to be the ideal phone.

i suppose i could always just buy it anyway and then use it standard without rooting, flashing, customizing, and, and, and...
naw, forget that.

i am still undecided and less than 4 weeks to go before my birthday...

Last edited:

Stepp

Sep 7, 2008
Salerno
hmm, ok, thanks for the heads up JellyTooth. that seemed to be the impressions i was getting from the posts here.

i suppose i could always just buy it anyway and then use it standard without rooting, flashing, customizing, and, and, and...
naw, forget that.

I bought it in Saudi one month ago, it works excellent. If you don't mind too much for the dev then get it. With root you can customize it with Xsense,Sense 6 and so on. Finally I find a dual sim phone for my needs. :)

ahmed4never

May 31, 2009
Hi bro, I just have a question if you dont mind, can I root the dual sim M8 without loosing OTA official update, just rooting no recover no missing up the device

aymanzz

Mar 6, 2013
Well lets see here , regular sim doesnt get updates regularly like normal m8 ( from several sources including htc themselves ) , and no rom devolpment as the second post said
other than that the device is excelent and the best i've ever seen in handling 2 sims and the difference in the price isnt hight

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Hi bro, I just have a question if you dont mind, can I root the dual sim M8 without loosing OTA official update, just rooting no recover no missing up the device

to root u must have superuser ,and to have superuser u must have custom recovery , so noo , ota needs stock recovery but u can always root and revert back to stock in 5 mins , jus tmake sure u have the correct recovery img

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
I bought it in Saudi one month ago, it works excellent. If you don't mind too much for the dev then get it. With root you can customize it with Xsense,Sense 6 and so on. Finally I find a dual sim phone for my needs. :)

yes, thats a good point. have you rooted yours?
ok, it looks like there is a twrp for M8 dual sim which means it can be rooted and i think that will be enough to keep me happy for now at least.
also i assume it is on the list of phones to get htc official android L so now i am talking myself back into this...

another question, can you disable either sim when its not required without taking it out?

ahmed4never

May 31, 2009
Yes you can disable one sim from the setting without phisically removing it…

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Reactions: gazzacbr

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
UPDATE: I decided to get the m8 dual sim today :)
I know if I bought the single sim version I will regret it later.
as all have said before, its sweeeet :)
fyi, I bought it in Carrefour in Abu Dhabi. they had a discount today as this weekend is Eid Al Adha holiday.
cost was 2249AED (about 610USD, 380GBP) and included a matching grey dot view case and 2 htc branded screen protectors (actually cost a bit less as i got points on the store card and air miles)

its the 16GB version but as i have a 64GB card to add in thats more than enough (for now...)
which i thought was a pretty good deal

(i know its only the first day but already i am missing root for titanium backup ;) )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    but...
    i dont want to get the dual sim then find out that i cannot take advantage of any of the development going on for the M8.:crying:
    thanks.

naw, forget that.

Well lets see here , regular sim doesnt get updates regularly like normal m8 ( from several sources including htc themselves ) , and no rom devolpment as the second post said
    other than that the device is excelent and the best i've ever seen in handling 2 sims and the difference in the price isnt hight

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

to root u must have superuser ,and to have superuser u must have custom recovery , so noo , ota needs stock recovery but u can always root and revert back to stock in 5 mins , jus tmake sure u have the correct recovery img
    Hi,
    but...
    i dont want to get the dual sim then find out that i cannot take advantage of any of the development going on for the M8.
    thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------