[APP] [K.A.T - V2.2.0] [Audio enhancer | Scan Filters | GPS QuickFix]

Search This thread

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
Hi Tim

Pretty weird...same stuff !!!
I followed yr advices i.e I started from scratch
1) Formatted almost everything ( execept my external SD )...cache, dalvik, data, sytem...all that has been formated ( I'm using TWRP2.8.1.0 )
3) reinstalled Rom #21
4) reinstalled Gapps
5) reinstalled SuperSU
6) KAT 2.1.0 .apk
In order to avoid potential problems, I did not reinstall all my Apps, but only ES explorer ( to install the .apk ) and Catlog...that's all
I attach the new screenshot and a logcat (partial..;)
Hope it helps

sent you a PM, will be easier :)

zorglub!

Jun 26, 2010
Paris

Attachments

• Katmix-D-0.png
    Katmix-D-0.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,492

zorglub!

Jun 26, 2010
Paris
okie, that would explain why it doesn"t work then.
from the output weirdly It looks like the TF300TG doesn't have the same audio chip,
so it won't work.

Aaaaaarg !!!
Bad luck...I'll have to find another solution...( unless you build a KAT TG compatible version :fingers-crossed:)
but anyway I keep the Rom !!!
Thks anyway

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
Aaaaaarg !!!
Bad luck...I'll have to find another solution...( unless you build a KAT TG compatible version :fingers-crossed:)
but anyway I keep the Rom !!!
Thks anyway

just wondering, does it ouput something if you try with -D 2 ?
could be that the TG has an extra interface maybe

and what is the result of these:
ls -l /dev/wm8903
ls -l /dev/snd/

Last edited:

zorglub!

Jun 26, 2010
Paris
/system/bin/katmix -D 2
Warning: linker: ...has text relocation...
ls -l /dev/wm8903
No such file or directory
ls -l /dev/snd/
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 controlc0
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 controlc1
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 hwc100
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 pcmC0D3p
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 pcmC1D0C
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 pcmC1D0p
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 pcmC1D1c
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 pcmC1D1p
crwxrwxrwx system audio 116, 3 2015-03-14 09:09 timer

that's all

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
okie, so yeah that confirms that the TF300TG doesn't have the wm8903 entry..
the K.A.T app works only with that unfortunately.

Jan 15, 2015
I'm Confused

I inherited a Rooted TF101A with KAT Kiss 4.4.4 installed (bought it on EBay without the seller stating it was Rooted) Skype 5.x doesn't work and neither does GPS anything. I found your KAT Kiss home page and spotting the GPS bug, it directed me here. My questions are:
what am I exactly downloading here?

this page seems to have to do with an audio inprovement, so what does it have to do with GPS??

How do I install what I'm supposed to download from here?

I'm in IT, but no experience with Rooting Android.

Thanks

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
PHP:
I inherited a Rooted TF101A with KAT Kiss 4.4.4 installed (bought it on EBay without the seller stating it was Rooted) Skype 5.x doesn't work and neither does GPS anything. I found your KAT Kiss home page and spotting the GPS bug, it directed me here. My questions are:
what am I exactly downloading here?

this page seems to have to do with an audio inprovement, so what does it have to do with GPS??

How do I install what I'm supposed to download from here?

I'm in IT, but no experience with Rooting Android.

Thanks

You just install the app
then go to the install menu check / uncheck what you want installed (gps...)
then click on the install button.

jesuita

Hello guys, sorry for resurrecting this but don't know what else to do before going for a full wipe.

I'm having a few troubles with the sound on my TF101 running KatKiss 4.4.4 - the sound is very low.
I remember that I used to install this app in order to make the sound louder and it used to work. However when I tried yesterday I always get a message iwm8903 not initialized.

Things I already tried to do:
Update SuperSu Binaries and remove K.A.T. so it ask for permission again.
Uninstall K.A.T. - reboot - install latest version- reboot - get root permissions - reboot - open app and try again without success.

From here I don't know what else to do, maybe just full wipe and try again, but before doing that is there anything else I could try?

Thanks!

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
Things I already tried to do:
Update SuperSu Binaries and remove K.A.T. so it ask for permission again.
Uninstall K.A.T. - reboot - install latest version- reboot - get root permissions - reboot - open app and try again without success.

From here I don't know what else to do, maybe just full wipe and try again, but before doing that is there anything else I could try?

Thanks!

Nothing much else that I see,
that message is usually because it cannot obtain root.

Could be coming if you have something changed in the system too, like a different busybox or such.
A full wipe should fix that, but before, just to make sure: did you use the K.A.T app for Kitkat version ?

Reactions: msrowley

mental_/\_

Jan 11, 2017
Pune
Will it work on Zenfone 5

Hello Guys,

I am on a rooted Asus Zenfone 5 with Lollipop.

I badly want to increase my speaker volume and mic sensitivity. Will this work for me?

I just started with a rooted phone, so I am afraid of messing things up. So, asking in advance.

Regards,

_/\_

giannifalko

Oct 8, 2008
I put on my tf101 the KatKiss ROM MarshMallow 6.0.1 Release without gapps for me it's ok. But I can not make the gps work. Is there anyone who can make suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    K.A.T - Kat Android Toolbox - Android Unleasher
    Android App | Audio Enhancer | Alsa Mixer | NTFS full write support | Media Scanner filters | HDMI audio fix | sound fix | GPS quickFix
    (Some of the features requires root)

Hi everyone :)

K.A.T is now an android application that will do the work for you instead of the different flashable zips from before :)
    KatKernel is available in a separate zip as to not get the application too big.

attachment.php

Through the years, and with the other tablets and roms I've played with, it seems to always end up with a bunch of scripts and enhancements, so the app that will try to make that more practical, and make your life easier :)
    Main difference compared to the chinese tablets I played with before the TF101, is that we have sources for most components, so hopefully the fixes can be integrated directly into the roms for most.

Latest K.A.T version (MarshMallow) : K.A.T_V2.2.0.apk
    Latest K.A.T version (Lollipop) : K.A.T_V2.1.0.apk
    Latest K.A.T version (KitKat and earlier) : K.A.T_V1.5.3.apk
    ChangeLog:

1.5.2 | 1.5.1 | 1.5.0 | 1.4.2 | 1.4.1 | 1.4.0 - 1.3.2 - 1.3.1 - 1.2.7 - 1.2.5 - 1.2.4 - 1.2.3 - 1.2.2 - 1.2.0 - 1.1.7 - 1.1.6 - 1.1.4 - 1.1.3 - 1.1.2
    It includes:
    * KatAudio:
    - ability to control individually the volume mixers of the WM8903 chip (more controls will be added later)
    - predefined optimized profiles that can be applied at boot and run time (custom user profiles will be available later on)
    - Pre Amp Boost
    - Speaker front boots( DAC L+R merge)
    - Abitility to link Speakers and Headphone analog volume with the volume keys and cascade analog with android digital level.
    (Only use the volume keys to control the volume in that case, do not use the digital android volume or another app)
    - reinit FM34 DSP feature (in case you prefer not to install the "crap sound / mic fix", you can still reinit the dsp that way)
    * Install section allows you to install the different patches/features and fixes
    - HDMI & crap audio after Mic Fix (rom dependant)
    - K.A.T MediaScanner Service (allows you to define filters and such at run time, see below)
    - Ad-blocker (host file replacement)
    - GPS quickerFix + assistance

* Media
    - Allows you to configure the KAT MediaScanner filters (whitelist, blacklist, alwaysadd directories, disable scan completely)
    * Storage
    - Allows you to mount / unmount drives (with full write NTFS support too)

KatKernel : See dedicated thread

See post #2 for more details.

Disclaimer: The usual ;)
    Use at your own risk, I won't be responsible for any damages caused to your Transformer or to yourself.
    In most cases if something breaks, flashing a rom on top should fix it.

Please don't repackage or redistribute K.A.T in another thread, as it'll just make it very difficult for me to maintain and understand user feedback if your repackaged version is broken, has too many differences or is outdated.
    Also feel free to mention that you've reused some of the K.A.T enhancements but don't call it K.A.T, as if you do that will just generate confusion in user's mind as to where and what is K.A.T.

Credits:
    - Dan Pollock for the original ad-blocker file http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
    Features

- K.A.T*.apk Android application: *NEW*
    It contains most of the different features:

* KatAudio:
    - ability to control individually the volume mixers of the WM8903 chip (more controls will be added later)
    - predefined optimized profiles that can be applied at boot and run time (custom user profiles will be available later on)

- Pre Amp Boost
    4 modes: 0 (no boost) , 1 (+6dB boost), 2 (+12dB boost), 3 (+18dB boost)
    That will allow you to boost the level before sending it to the audio chip amplifier
    This is to use mostly for apps/medias that have a low input level for example some of the streaming apps like Netflix with which that new option does wonders :)
    Keep in mind that if your media already has a normal audio level you will saturate the amp input and generate clipping / bad quality.

- Speaker front boost( DAC L+R merge)

- Cascade: Abitility to link Speakers and Headphone analog volume with the volume keys and cascade analog with android digital level.
    This will give you the best quality results.
    When you increase the volume it will first increase the digital android volume, then increase the real chip analog volume as you keep pushing up once the digital volume has reached the maximum.
    When you hit the volume down button, it will first decrease the analog chip volume, while keep the digital volume at max.Then once it has reached a low analog level it'll decrease the digital slider as you keep pushing.
    If you prefer not to have that behavior and set the volumes separately, just uncheck the cascade option.

- reinit FM34 DSP feature (in case you prefer not to install the "crap sound / mic fix", you can still reinit the dsp that way)
    * Install section allows you to install the different patches/features and fixes
    - HDMI & crap audio after Mic Fix + Mic level increase (might require a reboot, if you've been using the audio before installing the fix)
    - K.A.T MediaScanner Service (allows you to define filters and such at run time, see below)
    - wpa_supplicant for adhoc (wip) Currently will allow you to see the networks, but will most likely time-out when trying to connect (requires you to turn wifi off /on to be seen)
    - Ad-blocker (host file replacement)

* Storage
    Allows you to mount / unmount drives:
    - Mount(Auto): will try to mount vfat, ext4 and ntfs with what the kernel support (ie if the kernel only supports ReadOnly NTFS, the drives will end up being mounted ro)
    - Mount(NTFS with full write support) : this one will try to mount the drive directly with full read-write support through ntfs-3g compiled and included with the app.
    - Unmount: does what it says ;) if the drive is busy or used by an application, it'll usually fail.
    In that case and if you know what you're doing you can try to check the force box, it might be able to force unmount.

* Media
    Allows you to configure the KAT MediaScanner filters
    Always been annoyed by the MediaScanner eating 50% of the cpu and doing intensive IO, bringing your tablet to its knees ?
    Well this enhancement is for you, it'll allow you to black/white list and force specified directories scanning, or disable scanning completely.

The way the default JB MediaScanner works is that everytime the tablet starts, that you mount / unmount a storage, or that the tablet wakes up,
    the MediaScannerService receives an order to scan.. *everything* on all mounted medias *again*:
    /storage/sdcard0, /Removable/MicroSD, /Removable/USBdisk1, /Removable/USBdisk2, /Removable/SD

That's where the K.A.T MediaScanner comes to the rescue.
    With it you can rewrite / filter the scan orders. :)

- Whitelist:
    Everything added in it will continue and be scanned if the order is received.
    If you work in whitelist most, you should add at least /system/media to it, unless you don't want the system to find these. (default audio notifications and such)

- Blacklist
    Everything in this list will be discarded from the scan order received.

- Always add directories
    The directories in this list, will be always appended to the scan order.

- Scan checkbox: if unchecked all orders are cancelled
    You can choose to still let the "always add directories" list pass or not with the additional check box

One thing to understand: the MediaScannerService is in charge of "top level" recursive scan orders.
    Meaning that it receives the order to scan /Removable/MicroSD for example.
    (It can also receive individual scan orders for files if an application forces it, but that's not how android is doing it for you general "media files")
    So it is these "orders" that the filters can intercept and what the white/black list are matching against.
    You won't be able to match onto individual files.

Also keep in mind it takes time for the scanner to update its DB.
    Until it's done you might still see medias that you've filtered out, or might not see new medias you're trying to force scanning.
    If you currently have a big media DB, the cleanest and faster way to do it, is to configure the filters you want, wipe MediaStorage data, then reboot.

- Voodoo Sound enabled kernels: See Voodoo Sound dedicated thread
    (do not use if you want to use KatAudio as the voodoo sound app will change the values, and both apps will fight for volume keys and levels)
    New Version 1.5.3

attachment.php

K.A.T_V1.5.3.apk

ChangeLog:
    - Add Hardware Pre Amp Boost slider

4 modes: 0 (no boost) , 1 (+6dB boost), 2 (+12dB boost), 3 (+18dB boost)

That will allow you to boost the level before sending it to the audio chip amplifier

This is to use mostly for apps/medias that have a low input level for example some of the streaming apps like Netflix with which that new option does wonders :)

Keep in mind that if your media already has a normal audio level you will saturate the amp input and generate clipping / bad quality.
    New version V1.4.0

attachment.php
    New version 1.4.0 available
    K.A.T_V1.4.0.apk

This version Brings compatibility with Android 4.3 :)
    (tested on KatKiss 4.3 )