[ROM][JB 4.1.2][04MAR13 v1.20] SCHIZOID all-in-one (CM10+AOKP M1+PA 2.55)

Search This thread

twister250

Oct 18, 2011
Re: [ROM][JB 4.1.2][22JAN13 v1.10] SCHIZOID all-in-one (CM10+AOKP M1+PA 2.99)

Really enjoying this ROM. Looking for a little help with settings. I would like to remove the notification popup and settings from notification drawer. What settings or combo of settings will remove it?
See screenshot for what I'm referring to (the two bottom items).

byby3eta.jpg

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
I spend most of my time with my head up my own threads...this escaped my notice. I saw the first build for the Touchpad, of course, but hadn't seen that you had branched out back to encore. Looks really good!

Amazing that the Nook Color still has this much active development, isn't it? I also love a rom thread with build instructions...that's how we breed the next generation, right?

Thanks shumash!

Reactions: gsutton and shumash

Kaptinkrunk

Feb 20, 2012
GastesOfHell
Google Pixel 6a

I thought I was having major issues with ui fcing but I need to change the mode I see thank you for bringing some aokp goodness to the nook color

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
I spend most of my time with my head up my own threads...this escaped my notice. I saw the first build for the Touchpad, of course, but hadn't seen that you had branched out back to encore. Looks really good!

Amazing that the Nook Color still has this much active development, isn't it? I also love a rom thread with build instructions...that's how we breed the next generation, right?

Thanks shumash!

Yes, Sensei. Thanks.

Reactions: Maverik18

Kaptinkrunk

Feb 20, 2012
GastesOfHell
Google Pixel 6a

Is there any chance you would make a aokp ROM for us nookies

routey

May 18, 2012
[ROM][JB 4.1.2][22JAN13 v1.10] SCHIZOID all-in-one (CM10+AOKP M1+PA 2.99)

I've been running this rom for the last 3 days and its running great! Battery life, performance, and the option to change dpi, what more can anyone ask for a device as old as our nc! I've been using my nc more often now that I'm using this rom! Thank u so much!

Kaptinkrunk

Feb 20, 2012
GastesOfHell
Google Pixel 6a

I'll look again but last one I saw links where busted I'm still rocking the hell out of this over the others available

Last edited:

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida

Krylon was the only one working on AOKP and he stopped a while back to join the CM team.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Kaptinkrunk

Fluxcore

Sep 27, 2007
Edmonton
oops I changed to tablet in PA settings now its stuck at the Schizoid boot screen .
I tryed to shut it off with the power button , no response .
Bricked ?
It has a full charge so it will be quite a bit before it dies .
Tryed USB connector and I got no response .
this looks bad .
I took out the SDCard and it let me power down and reboot .
I put the SDCard back in and it sees it OK.
All better , now to see if it will do a reboot without any problem with the SDCard back in .
It is funny that the removal of the SDCard was what was needed .
This is not the 1st time I have had to do this to get a Android device to boot after
changeing ROMs . I seldom see anyone try it but it is worth noteing that it may help .
Is there a formating problem ? I was reading that there is a new way to format in win7 and
I wonder if that may help . I should reformat the SDCard in android but I am happy ( for now : ) )
with the ROM .

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaptinkrunk

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
first Boot problem

I'm upgrading from CM10.1 (eyeballer's new alpha build) and was using the CM10 nightly since they started coming out. As per the first post, I tried wiped both Cache and Dalvik and then installed the ROM and the gapps which went OK. On first boot, I get the clown image and then it stays. I waited over a half hour and then gave up. I recovered and wipes system, cache and dalvik and then reinstalled only the row without gapps but same thing happened. I went bact to CM10.1 but I would really like to give this a try. I would like to avoid wiping my data partition if at all possible.

Thanks.

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida

I'm upgrading from CM10.1 (eyeballer's new alpha build) and was using the CM10 nightly since they started coming out. As per the first post, I tried wiped both Cache and Dalvik and then installed the ROM and the gapps which went OK. On first boot, I get the clown image and then it stays. I waited over a half hour and then gave up. I recovered and wipes system, cache and dalvik and then reinstalled only the row without gapps but same thing happened. I went bact to CM10.1 but I would really like to give this a try. I would like to avoid wiping my data partition if at all possible.

Thanks.

Whenever you are switching ROMs, you MUST do a complete wipe......sorry.....no way around it.

Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app

mystic74

Sep 22, 2006

You can back up your programs with their data/settings. So even if you wipe your data partition you can get all your applications back as it is.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

Reactions: Kem-El

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3

Thanks.

If you have to do a full wipe, do a nandroid backup /boot, /system, and /data of your working ROM first. Then after trying a complete wipe, you can restore just the /data portion of your backup., or you can use Titanium Backup to restore your apps.

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
If you have to do a full wipe, do a nandroid backup /boot, /system, and /data of your working ROM first. Then after trying a complete wipe, you can restore just the /data portion of your backup., or you can use Titanium Backup to restore your apps.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do the data wipe as you said in the first post that it shouldn't be necessary if coming from CM10. I guess that I don't really have a choice.:( I'll give it another try over the weekend and get back.

pissat4motion

Apr 11, 2011
Valve SteamDeck

I've been running this for the last week and installed over nightly after wiping only davlik and cache.. worked like a charm

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

35mfbr5.gif

This ROM is a combination of all Super ROMs Available
    Paranoid + AOKP+ Cyanogen = SCHIZOID

SCHIZOID is based on AOSP+CM source codes, stock kernel, and has all
    the stability of CM, the ROM control of AOKP, and the UI customization of PA..

FEATURES

• FULLY compiled from source with stock kernel.
      Hardware Acceleration
      Color-splash for nav-bar and apps!
      Backup and Restore of PA settings
      Expanded Desktop
      AOKP ROM Control
      LMT Pie Control Launcher
      Latest Android gesture (swype-like) keyboard
      Current with CM10 repo
      Contains all features of CM10 and PA 2.55 and some of AOKP

Why Choose When You Can Have It All-In-One !!

SCREENSHOTS

2mwyql1.jpg
    [
    4t0emx.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS TO FLASH

• - Make A Backup
      - First time users only: If you're currently running a non-CM10 ROM, do a full wipe (factory reset & system)
      - Wipe cache and dalvik
      - Flash ROM And Gapps
      - Reboot
    USER NOTES/BUGS
    • Everything works
    • You should expect conflicts between the various ROM controls, especially the UI controls
      between AOKP and PA.
      LMT Pie Launcher, if you want.
    • For first time users after bootup:

Settings > System > Navigation Bar >Tablet UI soft buttons, check

Settings > Rom Control > General UI > Show Menu UI Overflow (otherwise there is no way to enable MTP, open browser settings, wifi settings, etc)
      Reboot
      If your NC doesn't charge on usb, Settings > Storage> Menu (three-buttons at top right)-> USB Computer Connection > Media device (check MTP) I had to go into portrait to see the three buttons
    • To get softkey buttons in navbar, go to Settings->System->Navigation bar->Tablet UI soft buttons (check)
    • To set phablet or phone mode, first uncheck AOKP's setting:
      Settings->ROM Control->General UI->Force Tablet UI
      then
      Launch option at Settings->Paranoid Settings, pick your UI
      Use the Pie Launcher as an added feature
    • PA UI reboots may shutdown or hang. Just reboot, i.e. hold power key to restart if shutdown, power and menu keys if hung.
    • LMT Pie Control in Settings allows PA 2.99 like pie launcher (with permission noname81 (Use device 0))
    • Complete guide to ParanoidAndroid Preferences
    • Guide to AOKP ROMControl
    • Pie Control Tutorial
    • Tell me!

Roll Your Own ROM
      See Post #2

CREDITS
    • CM, PAC, AOKP and PA Team Members
    • tbob for his work in fixing the ParanoidPreferences application
    • noname81 for his LMT Pie Launcher
    • mateorod who has been my mentor.

CHANGELOG
    Code:
    --> 04MAR2013
       - Merge upstream
       - Fix PA modes to work natively
    -> 11FEB2013
       - LMT Pie settings in Settings
       - Fix bootanimation orientation
    -> 08FEB2013
       - Include LMT1.9 as pre-installed pie control
       - Change default images to skz
       - Merge upstream
    -> 23JAN2013:  Initial upload
    UPDATED 08FEB2013 ROM Available

I've uploaded an updated ROM which now includes a great PA 2.99 Pie Launcher app with permission of noname81 (gesture device 0 should be selected, i.e. Nexus 7) . No major changes, just custom images and upstream merges. Enjoy.
    Build Instructions

SCHIZOID Build Instructions

This guide assumes you have completed the Set Up Android Build Environment, or already have a 64 bit Android build environment set up. i.e., you have:
    - Installed Ubuntu 64 bit (I've run 32-bit Ubuntu 11.10 & 12.04 virtual machines without problems)
    - Installed the Android SDK
    - Installed the Java SDK/JDK

USE THESE STEPS INSTEAD OF THE GUIDE CM10 STEPS!
    1. CREATE THE BUILD REPOSITORY
    Create directories and setup your local repository using my git repository:

Create the Directories
    Type the following in a terminal window:

mkdir -p ~/bin
    mkdir -p ~/android/skz (or ~/android/[anything-you-want-to-call-it)

Download and make the "repo" binary executable...type the following In the terminal window:

Close the terminal window to insure these changes take effect.

2. INITIALIZE THE REPOSITORY

Open a new terminal window and type the following:

cd ~/android/skz (or whatever you named the directory)
    repo init -u git://github.com/shumashv1/Schizoid.git -b jellybean

Now to sync the repository, type:

The default for SCHIZOID is -j16, but if you have trouble downloading, you can add -j4, or even -j1 -f to the above command.

Go eat dinner, maybe read a book... It's going to take a long time.

To build, make sure you're in your build directory, i.e. ~/android/skz, or whatever, then type in the terminal window

. build/envsetup.sh (note the space between . and build)
    :

When that completes, type:

Type in the number corresponding to "skz_encore-userdebug" (probably 8)

You should have a local_manifest.xml file in the .repo directory that was created automatically (don't worry about the warnings about putting the xml files in a directory called "local_manifests". That's caused by a change in the repo command that doesn't work properly yet.

Then type:

Wait an incredibly long time, and you will find your skz_(stuff).zip waiting in the out/target/product/encore directory, or you can just type "cd OUT$"
    In order to give something back to the forum that I started with, here's the PAC-based ROM I developed for the HP Touchpad. I have very little opportunity to work with the NC anymore (since it now belongs to my wife). Enjoy and help each other make it work. I'll drop by occasionally to see what's happening and update when I update in the TP thread.
    Updated ROM 11FEB2013

I've uploaded an updated version that includes the LMT Pie Settings in the Settings menu (see the screenshots in the OP and hides the app in the drawer. The bootanimation orientation has also been fixed. Enjoy.