[Q] Stuck on APX mode? Any way out?

Search This thread

sweeep

Mar 31, 2014
Hello,

after two days spending to repair my HTC One X without any personal help, I gave up. So, this is the story: since wednesday the 19th, my HOX got some problems. From turning off without any reason through to completly resetting my settings and so on, finally no vital signs any more. Now, it got stucked in APX mode. I've installed APX drivers for the HOX, downloaded nvflash, but whatever I do, nvflash throws error UnKnown device found and then terminates. How I got stuck into APX mode? I don't know neither I know how I get rid of this. Well, there are many many many data on phone, which I just need. I can't send it to HTC because (1) unfortunately I got a crack from the left to the right and (2) I need my data, because I know HTC would just send a refurbished device back to me. Actually, I need this data really and I rely on them.

tl;dr: Is there any possible way to get out of the APX mode without sending it to HTC or to get my data back?

I hope someone could help me with this frustrating and headache giving problem?
Thanks in advance!

Greetings
sweeep

Last edited:

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Moved to the Endeavor Q&A forum.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Only thing to try is to mount the sdcard via the recovery as a mass storage device. If that doesn't work it's not retrievable. Try rebooting the hox many.....many times sometimes it kicks out of apx but in general it's a no go

sweeep

Mar 31, 2014
Send the phone in ...you can't get out permanently from it...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Is there any way to send it to HTC without losing my data?

Only thing to try is to mount the sdcard via the recovery as a mass storage device. If that doesn't work it's not retrievable. Try rebooting the hox many.....many times sometimes it kicks out of apx but in general it's a no go
Thanks. But how could I, assuming that I got out of APX, mount sd card, if I don't installed ClockWorkMod (?)? I want to keep my warranty, so there is no possible way or am I wrong?

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
So your phone is completely locked? Send the phone in and state in the letter that it is stuck in apx mode...they will change the motherboard...did the same and got nearly 85% new phone :D screen was the same...but everything else was new

sweeep

Mar 31, 2014
Yes, you are right. But I have a crack across my display and it is scratched, so I question how HTC/Amazon (my seller) would react.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
No one can answer that, it depends all in who's hands it ends up !

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
I broke even my WiFi and my back housing was a bit cracked and they just changed nearly all...even if your screen is damaged they should fix Mainboard/ Change it because it's under warranty and has nothing to do with the cracked screen

sweeep

Mar 31, 2014
Maybe, but HTC can credit the broken mainboard to the (previous) downfall damage. By the way: when I send to my seller, I can assume I have no chance to recover my data?

Top Liked Posts