NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis -Eclare, Froyo, Gingerbread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

estugarda

Aug 27, 2010
You can fix market (point 3) by using tutorial from page 1 about fixing market in froyo , just make shore to clear cashe in Market and clear data in Google Services Framework and you will get all applications.

No, unfortunately that fix didn't help me. Market is still not working properly. Not that I mind really. It's just a waste of time and bandwidth anyway.

But some other issues are a big deal. If I'll be able, I'm going back to 2.1.2 tonight.

Also I found another bug , in landscape mode virtual keyboard acts as if maximum resolution is 800x480 , so it's missing keys.

Landscape keyboard works fine here.

Jun 9, 2011
PS It would be great to have a rooted and cleaned up official Prestigio 2.1.12 ROM.
1. Bug confirmed :)

2. Calibration tool is not included, idk its downloadable. But sreen works fine... better than original firmware with callibration(ok its only subjective feel withnout prove).

3. "Find Market. clear cache & force stop
Find Google Services Framework. clear data & force stop
Now when you try to open the Market, it closes and you get an error.
Reboot phone, Market should be fine now.
" - that fix dont work? hmm weird, but software are weird always.

4. But stock reader dont support czech diacritic... pdf work fine with adobe pdf reader, and yes hardware buttons work otherwise than original irmware(pgup/pgdown), its be fine if work in froyo same like orig firmware...

5. I only see that before restart device, after restart resolution always fine for me.

7. Gmail work fine for me o_O

estugarda

Aug 27, 2010
I've tried that fix for Market. It didn't work.

I'm back to 2.1.2 RU rooted. No problems here. I have a feeling it runs smoother than Froyo v3. And the TS is definitely more precise when calibrated on my device. I think it is more responsive on Froyo though.

PS Launcher Pro really improves the interface. And looks great too.

It would be good to know what new did official v2.1.12 bring. And if it's good, I'd like to see it cleaned up and rooted.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2011
Prestigio New Firmware Update: 2.1.12:
Android 2.1
kernel : 2.6.25
Build: v2.1.12.eclair.eng.root.20110602.180157
new wizard setup after upgrade firmware, appslib preinstaled, builded ebook reader still dont show corectly diacritics. and i dont see nothing more new in this firmware release D:

Yes its be nice newest firmware cleaned(only bloatware, nothing more, but what is bloatware and what is really useful?) and rooted and maybe with new version on fbreader(preinstaled book reader is very old fbreadet i think with crappy czech diacritics D:)

p177

May 5, 2011
Lately I've been too lazy to re-install firmwares and repeatedly adjust settings, and used my device for reading and surfing. I would just like to ask/point out a couple of things.

1. Besides the terrible (Prestigio) boot screen, the boot time of the device is terrible. Is there a way to speed up the boot (some utility or possible firmware upgrade)?

2. The boot speed issue shows another issue of mine: I always turn off my device when not using it. Is it smarter to just put it in stand-by? Is battery depleted much faster when in stand-by, in comparison to ordinary shut down?

3. Does anybody have a general list of changes/improvements made in the newest Prestigio firmware?

estugarda

Aug 27, 2010
1. Besides the terrible (Prestigio) boot screen, the boot time of the device is terrible. Is there a way to speed up the boot (some utility or possible firmware upgrade)?

I am personally not aware of any utility that would speed up the boot. The only thing that can I think worth of doing in terms of speeding up the boot is removing all the bloatware. And this has been already done almost perfectly by donald. I doubt we will get further than that.

The first cleaned up version by donald was fastest in booting.

Prestigio 2.1.2 RU (especially latest donald's clean version) is slower in booting (for me) but smoother in interface and apps.

2. The boot speed issue shows another issue of mine: I always turn off my device when not using it. Is it smarter to just put it in stand-by? Is battery depleted much faster when in stand-by, in comparison to ordinary shut down?

Of course it is depleted much faster in stand-by than while turned off. Especially if you leave the Wifi on, or have some apps running. In the first weeks I used to deplete approx. 50% of the battery for reading and light surfing and then I would let it go to standby. The next morning it was empty. I think the batteries don't like getting completely discharged and kept like that. So now, I turn my tablet off when I know I won't be using it any time soon. Usually at around 50%. Next morning it is still at approx 40%. I can use it again until it depletes.

It is a slow, but I think it's bearable. I just took the time on mine. 1:32 until I'm all the way in. I'm using the latest Presitigio 2.1.2 RU ROM cleaned and rooted by donald. At this point I already installed around 15 apps, so it would be faster completely clean. The first 2.1.2 by Donald was faster in booting.

3. Does anybody have a general list of changes/improvements made in the newest Prestigio firmware?

I'd like to see that one too, but I doubt anybody but someone from Prestigio can really tell us that.

Last edited:

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
sorry e1 i wasn't abel to respond ive been locked up by prestegio for the last few days some sort of secret origination kidnapped me and put me in this pit i donno i was fed only beens, but short of really bad gas im ok and back now :p im playing. lol been at work any how ill be addressing or atlest trying to address some of the problems that were posted one thing i do find bothering thow is this moving programs to the sdcard even if the app dose support moving it to the sd card it still fails i dont know if its my sdcard or what and also i have been questioning the root being true or not bc when i open some thing that requires root su dosent open up so maby when i was messing around i broke it some how i donno also this ones weard as all hell when i was running 2.1 on stand by my nextbook would be dead with in 6-7 hours its been 2 days and it still has well over half battery life also the calibration i had to remove it bc when it ran it messed up the touch screen like when you click in one spot acrost the screen it would click and to fix that i had to remove it also please keep in mind i am not an android professional half the times i have no idea wtf im doing im doing this by trial and error and googeling for a fix i cracked the original next3 firmware by not giving up and trying any thing i found online that might have a chance of working. so if you find a problem and then find a fix for it please post it and ill add it into the rom as well also if any one wants step by step directions on how i do this the tools i use and every thing please let me know id love to show other people what i do ill even call ya if you want any how ill try and work on this tomorrow. tonight i just wanna relax its awesome how this threads developing and i appreciate every one whos helping out. yall rock!

teddyg007

May 10, 2009
SD Card 32GB

Donald you are the man!

I can only see my sd card when I format it in Fat32 although I know Fat 32 maybe only supports up to 4GB? I see the whole 32GB under Fat32 for some reason. I know the card is an SDHC by its size. What am I doing Wrong or Right? I only tested NTFS, EXFAT available from ormatiting within windows 7.

steinmeierl

Feb 13, 2011
First off, thank you for all your hard work. It's nice to know that someone hasn't completely abandoned this area. Secondly, is there a download link that ISN'T from MegaUpload? I can't get ANYTHING to download from there (after trying two computers and a tablet on two different internet connections)! Thanks much!

MajstorSpeedy

Jul 12, 2010
Zagreb
Donald you are the man!

I can only see my sd card when I format it in Fat32 although I know Fat 32 maybe only supports up to 4GB? I see the whole 32GB under Fat32 for some reason. I know the card is an SDHC by its size. What am I doing Wrong or Right? I only tested NTFS, EXFAT available from ormatiting within windows 7.

I'm afraid that you'll have to get yourself a new SD card.
This device supports cards only up to 16GB...
And from my experience it works best with 8GB models.

BussJefe

Jun 10, 2011
So, due unable to downgrade back to 2.1 continue observe froyo on my prestigio and found several bugs. First no root access at least for systemapp remover and adfree programs. Even more, when you start adfree device turns screen upside down. Screen sensitivity not bad, but sometimes respond with delay. Market works after fixing, but it was necessary to try start market after delete cache etc., to get market error before reboot device. Additionaly found when tried to flash original 2.1.12 firmware through RKAndroidBatchUpgrade boot version was 5.03, froyo has 4.13. May be this is the resason whay i cannot flash 2.1 back.

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
So, due unable to downgrade back to 2.1 continue observe froyo on my prestigio and found several bugs. First no root access at least for systemapp remover and adfree programs. Even more, when you start adfree device turns screen upside down. Screen sensitivity not bad, but sometimes respond with delay. Market works after fixing, but it was necessary to try start market after delete cache etc., to get market error before reboot device. Additionaly found when tried to flash original 2.1.12 firmware through RKAndroidBatchUpgrade boot version was 5.03, froyo has 4.13. May be this is the resason whay i cannot flash 2.1 back.

flash back with rk
ive flashed up, down and side to side so i know that works

roby811

Nov 17, 2010
back to 2.1

I'm downgrade back to 2.1 with RKAbu and only works with Odys Genesis original firmware...

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
ive flashed every direction combination going lol so i know it works i have to goto work in about an hour so im not goina be abel to work on this much right now unfortionatly

estugarda

Aug 27, 2010
All of you who can't downgrade; try another computer.
I know it sounds weird, but I think RKbatchUpgrade application has some kind of incompatibility issues.

I also couldn't downgrade it. And most ROMS wouldn't work on few of my desktop computers. And then I tried it out on my laptop and it suddenly worked like a charm. The interesting thing is that all my desktop computers are based on AMD CPUs, and my laptop is C2D Intel. Maybe that isn't the cause, but there are definitely some hardware compatibility issues.

draxd

May 27, 2011
Last edited:

BussJefe

Jun 10, 2011
Yes! I did it! Big thaks to aleksandar777 for idea to change USB port. Finally i could downgrade after change it. Not with second, but with third it works. For now i use 2.1.9 from 4pda.ru with launcher pro, and of course, waiting for new version by Donald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nextbook 3 / Prestigio PMP3084B / Odys Genesis
    (same thing all roms work on all 3 devices)
    Android OS 2.1 <<<not any more :p
    RockChip RK2818
    dual Core CPU, at ~600MHz
    8.4" 800x600 resistive touch / 4:3 display

__________________________________NEXTBOOK 2 ROM ONLY_____________________________________
    special thanks to delimeat52
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rd5zoladeyf4tlv
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Origional Next3 firmware with market and root added
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UR080WKG

Origional Prestigio PMP3084B firmware with root and market
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7273SCB

Prestigio PMP3084B firmware with root and market and no bloat ware
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4KIRFXY

Prestigio PMP3084B firmware 2.1.2 striped of bloat only 12 apps pre-installed the system is truly rw, busybox installer verified, boot animations removed
    works grate on the next book (that's what i have)
    i feel its one of the best ones ive created so far
    only con with it is its defaults language is Russian just change the language goto settings its the 7th down,(has an A next to it) press the first option then scroll to English
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVFCVAJP

same as above but default is english and location is US also
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1FSTL1X1

Market Fix if not working:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Select Applications.
    3. Select Manage Applications.
    4 Press Menu > Filter > All
    5. Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market
    6. Reboot Device

if that dosent work then your on your own and i wish you luck

__________________________________ FROYO_____________________________________________

2.2 FROYO EDITION version 1 !!!!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZN9CGCQ

2.2 froyo version 2 stripped of bloat
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KTPYAAL

2.2 Froyo v3 removed second search, kickback, added life wallpapers added back desk clock
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2RF5O7X

2.2 Froyo v4 fixed root, Added some essential apps Special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he fixed it!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOY8KA14

2.2 Froyo v5 Special thanks to DaremoS he made it!
    fully rooted, smaller, possible speed improvement
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZXKJEL7

known problems
    calibration isnt perfect,
    browser force closes install one from market

if you only see one app in the featured of the market place do this
    goto Applications/ALL

Find Market. clear cache & force stop
    Find Google Services Framework. clear data & force stop
    Now when you try to open the Market, it closes and you get an error.
    Reboot phone, Market should be fine now.
    _______________________________________GINGERBREAD________________________________________________

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8EK69NU 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD beta v.2
    TESTING ONLY
    known things
    - Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
    - TS works fine (had to remove TScalibration)
    - Fully rooted
    - Faster than 2.1
    - Stable
    - Missing USB (missing the ability to connect to pc)
    - Missing Market

special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he created it
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

move this to the sd card or the internal and update it
    if it says invalid then use the directions and tools here
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X5J1GIDD

more roms coming soon...............

WARNING:
    This will erase all your current data, and as always I a not responsible for bricking your device!

if you wish to buy me an energy drink click here to be sent to paypal!!!!
    i have so far collected $1 for all of my hard work here :D updated on 10/16/11
    Froyo V6 - correct calibration tool

Hi all! You missed me?

I'm back with another custom firmware for Next3/PMP3084/Genesis

To break it down a bit and tell you what's been done.
    I've taken an official Froyo beta1 release and added root and some essential apps
    so that you aren't bothered with installing Astro and Titanium.
    I've removed boot screens from prestigio.

Next to be done is to fix the annoying taskbar issue and improve overall speed of the system, to add a new version of android market and to make a system little more of an lightweight.

I'm currently uploading the update.img so till then bye!

So, here we are! The brand new, rooted, screen calibrated Froyo just for you!

Streamlined version of GB.2.3.7

Here is a revised and corrected version of GB.2.3.7 for RK2818.

It seems that some issues have disappeared.
    Like the problem of link to a PC (so called Mass Storage Screen problem)

Streamlined version

Be aware that Market appears only when Wifi is connected :confused:

It's for 8.4" with bqreaders kernel.

Let me know of the bugs

Thanks and god bless you all!! :D
    New Froyo

Here is Froyo v5.

IMHO the best ROM for our loved device Yifang M901 branded as Nextbook Next3, Prestigio PMP3084B, Odys Genesis, Darwin of bqReaders (Spain), Arnova 84 of Archos (France), to mention some.

Rockchip RK2818 absolutely an underrated chip with excellent capabilities for a cheap chip :) :
    - excellent sound, due to dedicated DSP (normal feature of Rock-Chip chips :))
    - excellent image @720P with graphic acceleration.
    - USB port OTG (Froyo takes advantage of it with USB Host function)
    - G-sensor Rockchip 3-x accelerometer
    - Rockchip manages almost all available formats in audio and video.
    - our device is NOT using TV-OUT bundled in the chip.
    For more info see here http://www.rock-chips.com/index.php?do=prod&pid=2
    Lots of capabilities for a device that cost a quarter of a premium tablet.

About resistive screen... indeed it's a weakness of the chip... but handling it with a pointer can be very nice.
    Multitouch screens are really expensive thanks to the mercenaries of the genre Apple i****.

Download
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZXKJEL7

- Still problems with Explorer, must be used Google search of Launcher to use it.
    - Market still need the trick of clean the cache of Market and the data of Google Services Framework. Stopping both apps. Works better when this is done when Market is loaded in Home screen. In other cases requires several attempts.

Enhancements:

- Fully rooted. Can run Titanium Backup, and all root tools..
    - Small size of module.
    - I notice better speed (placebo?)

To do:

- implement A2SD

Sincere thanks to donaldj83 and MajstorSpeedy for make me get in action again.
    Gingerbread 2.3.7 for RK2818... version 2.

This time for 8.4" screen -----> rk28_84_gb7.therom.77

This version have the posibility of fix rotation by using 4 parameters:
    sensor.accelerometer.flip_xy=0
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_y=0
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_z=1
    This parameters work fine for bqreaders Darwin.

Now with a ICS launcher instead of Launcher2 of Gingerbread.
    Reason: this launcher rotates!.
    ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich or Android 4.0
    It's used Roboto font which is Android ICS font.
    It sport ICS wallpapers and an awesome menu which can be seen in portrait mode.
    There are two galleries: the normal one, and the new one which is really slow.
    Recovery is fully functional (For bqreaders and Master-G)

Still is needed to load MP3 and HW video from File Manager.
    With MoBoPlayer video is seen marvellous.
    Songbird play MP3 excellent (ncluded)
    YouTube work fine as expected.
    Market work excellent, I know is the new one which is slow, but is updated automatically :( so it can't be used another.

Problem with list of media in menus comes from module libmediaplayerservice.so.
    If somebody find such module working fine in the ROM... let us know.

So far... no visible bugs. I love this ROM!!

Good night and happy thanksgiving day!