[ROM][2.3.7] LeWa OS (23 MAY 2012)

Search This thread

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
This rom is based on the Chinese "LeWa" OS for C8650. My modifications are listed below.

All credit goes to Le Frog Technology for the LeWa OS.
http://www.lewaos.com/
LeWa apparently updates every Friday. I'll try to frequently update.

Screenshots:

fsZzW.png
JhMbi.png
xNWI4.png

4cJuD.png
0m3m5.png
K9Xp5.png
Check out the website to see more: LeWa OS website

Details:
This OS is awesome... It includes data monitoring, power savings, custom and downloadable themes and lockscreens, notifications on the lockscreen, lockscreen animations, pop-up SMS notification window showing the text with the reply box, etc.

Modifications:
Updated kernel to 2.6.35.14 (thanks to jaybob413 for his kernel work)
Edited build.prop to remove unnecessary info and align it with current CM build.prop
Added eri.xml to /data for Sprint
Replaced keyboard with ICS keyboard (matches the theme perfectly)
Added gapps (flashing gapps separately was causing fc)

Working:
Almost everything

Issues:
Music apk fc
Locations for weather are still Chinese (Should be able to fix this. Uses weather.com.cn API)

This OS has been associated with a "privacy issue." LeWa uses Umeng (Umeng.com), which is apparently like Google Analytics (Dolphin browser uses Umeng).
I added umeng to the hosts file, which blocks it from communicating. Privacy fixed.

Download:
LeWa OS - RC1 01/19/2012 - 144 downloads

LeWa OS - RC2 01/20/2012 - 360 downloads

LeWa OS - RC3 02/03/2012 - 235 downloads

LeWa OS - RC4 02/10/2012 - 386 downloads
Chinese version - 228 downloads

LeWa OS - 02/17/2012 - 328 downloads

LeWa OS - 02/24/2012 - 183 downloads
Chinese version - 55 downloads

LeWa OS - 03/02/2012 - 188 downloads
Chinese version - 62 downloads

LeWa OS - 03/09/2012 - 555 downloads

LeWa OS - 04/16/2012 Download link

LeWa OS - 05/23/2012 Download link

• Lewa Changelog
  • If you install this version, you will be notified of the next update through the goo-inside.me app
PLEASE READ THE SECOND POST.

All credit goes to the Heroc developers who got the Hero to where it is today.

I think we've got all the Chinese roms covered now :)

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything.... at all.

Last edited:

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Please read!

Go to Settings > Phone > Keypad > Volume keys wake up ON. Otherwise you won't be able to wake the phone. LeWa changed something and it's affecting all the other ports, too.

I added "Spare Parts" so the end button will put the phone to sleep. You need to go to: End button behavior > Go to sleep

To access the app drawer... slide the tray up.

Under the messaging app, go to Message settings > SMS realtime note. This will give you IMO an awesome window popup with the new text and a place to reply without having to close the app you're in.

Themes:
Go to the themes app, or Settings > Themes and swipe to the right to download themes.

MDPI Lockscreen themes that work: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428940
Put .mtz file on sdcard in: "/sdcard/MIUI/theme"

Status Bar:
The top of the notification pull down is the data monitor. You can go under settings and set your monthly limit and a reminder if so desired.
The button on the top right corner will free memory.
You can slide the toggles at the bottom of the pulldown left and right for more.
Tap on the status bar and it will bring up an apps, home, and back button at the top.

Last edited:

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
If you find any LeWa themes or lockscreens online, please let me know!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pr0stagma
If you find any LeWa themes or lockscreens online, please let me know!!!

Wow man, what a week for porting and the hero cdma. I still haven't tried your other one! Looks cool. I have to see if I have any issues due to my phone being sometimes screwy. I hope my phone cooperates.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
0w1Ri.png
yus2c.png

updated OP.... everything works now...
now you can download themes

if you're running the beta, you should be able to just flash this over it and keep all your data (wipe dalvik and cache).

Last edited:

Ebaum1

Dec 10, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Damnit...I just NOW flashed beta1...and you go and update. Slow down..lol

Edit: OK, flashing over with update, but i cannot find the setting to enable end button to lock the screen, it is a pain to have to drag down the notification bar to lock....any insight? So far, looks pretty comparable to DX OS...nice work! Cant wait to get it all setup!

Sent from my HERO3000x™ using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: ajrty33

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Damnit...I just NOW flashed beta1...and you go and update. Slow down..lol

Edit: OK, flashing over with update, but i cannot find the setting to enable end button to lock the screen, it is a pain to have to drag down the notification bar to lock....any insight? So far, looks pretty comparable to DX OS...nice work! Cant wait to get it all setup!

Sent from my HERO3000x™ using XDA App

Spare Parts should be in /data. If not, download it from the market...
In there you can set "End button behavior" to "Go to sleep"

Reactions: Ebaum1

Ebaum1

Dec 10, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Spare Parts should be in /data. If not, download it from the market...
In there you can set "End button behavior" to "Go to sleep"

....Got it to "sleep"..lol But now these MIUI lockscreens, i cant get them to unlock, I am having to long press the end button and reboot to get out of it.

Edit: Tip...Hold {back} and {Volume Down} to unlock if you have issues...

Last edited:

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
....Got it to "sleep"..lol But now these MIUI lockscreens, i cant get them to unlock, I am having to long press the end button and reboot to get out of it.

yeah the first one that is already loaded works well... ill try to list the names of ones that ive found that work in the second post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is based on the Chinese "LeWa" OS for C8650. My modifications are listed below.

All credit goes to Le Frog Technology for the LeWa OS.
    http://www.lewaos.com/
    LeWa apparently updates every Friday. I'll try to frequently update.

Screenshots:

fsZzW.png
    JhMbi.png
    xNWI4.png

4cJuD.png
    0m3m5.png
    K9Xp5.png
    Check out the website to see more: LeWa OS website

Details:
    This OS is awesome... It includes data monitoring, power savings, custom and downloadable themes and lockscreens, notifications on the lockscreen, lockscreen animations, pop-up SMS notification window showing the text with the reply box, etc.

Modifications:
    Updated kernel to 2.6.35.14 (thanks to jaybob413 for his kernel work)
    Edited build.prop to remove unnecessary info and align it with current CM build.prop
    Added eri.xml to /data for Sprint
    Replaced keyboard with ICS keyboard (matches the theme perfectly)
    Added gapps (flashing gapps separately was causing fc)

Working:
    Almost everything

Issues:
    Music apk fc
    Locations for weather are still Chinese (Should be able to fix this. Uses weather.com.cn API)

This OS has been associated with a "privacy issue." LeWa uses Umeng (Umeng.com), which is apparently like Google Analytics (Dolphin browser uses Umeng).
    I added umeng to the hosts file, which blocks it from communicating. Privacy fixed.

Download:
    LeWa OS - RC1 01/19/2012 - 144 downloads

LeWa OS - RC2 01/20/2012 - 360 downloads

LeWa OS - RC3 02/03/2012 - 235 downloads

LeWa OS - RC4 02/10/2012 - 386 downloads
    Chinese version - 228 downloads

LeWa OS - 02/17/2012 - 328 downloads

LeWa OS - 02/24/2012 - 183 downloads
    Chinese version - 55 downloads

LeWa OS - 03/02/2012 - 188 downloads
    Chinese version - 62 downloads

LeWa OS - 03/09/2012 - 555 downloads

LeWa OS - 04/16/2012 Download link

LeWa OS - 05/23/2012 Download link

• Lewa Changelog
    • If you install this version, you will be notified of the next update through the goo-inside.me app
    PLEASE READ THE SECOND POST.

All credit goes to the Heroc developers who got the Hero to where it is today.

I think we've got all the Chinese roms covered now :)

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything.... at all.
    Please read!

Go to Settings > Phone > Keypad > Volume keys wake up ON. Otherwise you won't be able to wake the phone. LeWa changed something and it's affecting all the other ports, too.

I added "Spare Parts" so the end button will put the phone to sleep. You need to go to: End button behavior > Go to sleep

To access the app drawer... slide the tray up.

Under the messaging app, go to Message settings > SMS realtime note. This will give you IMO an awesome window popup with the new text and a place to reply without having to close the app you're in.

Themes:
    Go to the themes app, or Settings > Themes and swipe to the right to download themes.

MDPI Lockscreen themes that work: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428940
    Put .mtz file on sdcard in: "/sdcard/MIUI/theme"

Status Bar:
    The top of the notification pull down is the data monitor. You can go under settings and set your monthly limit and a reminder if so desired.
    The button on the top right corner will free memory.
    You can slide the toggles at the bottom of the pulldown left and right for more.
    Tap on the status bar and it will bring up an apps, home, and back button at the top.
    updated to latest (2/3) LeWa release.
    ok goodnight.
    Themes for your locker

OK Kids....I took the liberty of Downloading all of those MDPI themes that I could from the link that ajrty33 posted (some would not download).
    I had the Idea to zip em up as a package, but couldn't unpack them...so....

This link is a flashable .zip that ajrty33 cooked up, and I loaded full of the themes.
    Drop it on your sd and flash it from recovery and BAM!!! You should end up with about 19 or 20 themes in your locker. Be advised that I do think some of those themes on that page are NOT in fact resized for MDPI, and there may be a few in this zip...But hey, its better then downloading one by one and moving them like I did!!

Thanks again to ajrty33 and enjoy!

Click Here
    or
    [qrcode]http://www.mediafire.com/?v6q8nv85bwb77z3[/qrcode]

Here's more than 30 lockscreen themes for MDPI (meaning they work!!!)

Put the .mtz file in /sdcard/MIUI/themes

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428940