LG Flash Tool does not recognized bricked G2 (vs980)

Search This thread

TTMBeats

Sep 9, 2013
SERIOUSLY STUMPED!!
I was in the process of flashing the 24a ROM when i realized i had to put one more file in the storage in order to flash the ROM completely,but only after i wiped my "laf.img" so i got stuck in fastboot mode ..ended up using fastboot commands to recover my download mode but now I cannot get my device to be recognized by either laptop i tried re-installing drivers and unplugging re plugging,restarting both laptops..i just really don't know what else to do somebody please help :(((

To anyone who took the time to read this and help out I also have team viewer available and thank you, any help is given thanks in advance i just need my phone back guys :/

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
SERIOUSLY STUMPED!!
I was in the process of flashing the 24a ROM when i realized i had to put one more file in the storage in order to flash the ROM completely,but only after i wiped my "laf.img" so i got stuck in fastboot mode ..ended up using fastboot commands to recover my download mode but now I cannot get my device to be recognized by either laptop i tried re-installing drivers and unplugging re plugging,restarting both laptops..i just really don't know what else to do somebody please help :(((

To anyone who took the time to read this and help out I also have team viewer available and thank you, any help is given thanks in advance i just need my phone back guys :/

I had to install 4 different items under Device Manager to get mine working, when you open it up, are there any icons with the yellow flag on them in the device manager tree?

TTMBeats

Sep 9, 2013
Solved!!

I was just pointing out to the person having issues with the flash tool to make sure they have all the drivers installed...

Update : Guys I figured out what was wrong with some help of XDABBEB (the dev of the custom 24a ROM) he actually helped me step by step... turns out I lost my recovery somehow SOOOOO I was stuck with fastboot. Had to push a new recovery via fastboot from there I had to fix a lovely driver issue (courtesy of windows) which in the end I couldn't get it to work so I went with KOUSH universal adb driver which is a LIFESAVER! From there had to adb push the bootstack zip and the ROM file itself installed via TWRP 2.7.0.0 and did a clean install...... As you can see it was a fun night/day for me.. But as of now I am running 24a rooted and with all of XDABBEB'S mods.. And it is beautiful. Lol I know you alot of people won't take the time to read this whole thing but just in case anyone has the same problem there you are!

sccerbro

Jan 29, 2013
Update : Guys I figured out what was wrong with some help of XDABBEB (the dev of the custom 24a ROM) he actually helped me step by step... turns out I lost my recovery somehow SOOOOO I was stuck with fastboot. Had to push a new recovery via fastboot from there I had to fix a lovely driver issue (courtesy of windows) which in the end I couldn't get it to work so I went with KOUSH universal adb driver which is a LIFESAVER! From there had to adb push the bootstack zip and the ROM file itself installed via TWRP 2.7.0.0 and did a clean install...... As you can see it was a fun night/day for me.. But as of now I am running 24a rooted and with all of XDABBEB'S mods.. And it is beautiful. Lol I know you alot of people won't take the time to read this whole thing but just in case anyone has the same problem there you are!

i think this is the problem i am having but i don't know how you did any of that to fix it!?!?!? I am going out of town in 2 days and i desperately need my phone. Got any help for me?

TTMBeats

Sep 9, 2013
First thing first see if you can get into recovery

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

paruchuribros

Feb 17, 2014

Can you please give us step by step instructions?

Earlier I have updated my phone to 24A. Then rooted and tried to install irobot25 to install the TWRP and ended with the fastboot mode on the phone. Currently the phone is just recognized as Android phone but not as LG VS980. I am in the same situation as you are earlier.

I really appreciate your help. My phone is in this state from the past 2 weeks and really getting frustated with it.

TTMBeats

Sep 9, 2013
Download the koush USB driver Google search it first then let me know when that's done

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

2strokenut

Sep 4, 2011

I'm in the exact same position as you, if you could help me out with what you did the unbrick this thing that would be great. Thanks

elwnvd

May 6, 2012
Even KOUSH drivers don't work

Digging up this thread ...
:eek:
I have a bricked G2.. Flashing a ROM via LGFLASHTOOL 2014 went bad at 50%.. Now all it does is Firmware Update Mode.

Before the G2 was recognized and accessible, but now even the KOUSH drivers don't recognize the phone.

I tried reinstalling, uninstalling, rebooting, etc but keep getting the error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Command prompt ADB commands don't work either because the phone just isn't recognized.

Where do I go from here please?

Checon56

Mar 14, 2016
Porto Seguro, BA
Digging up this thread ...
:eek:
I have a bricked G2.. Flashing a ROM via LGFLASHTOOL 2014 went bad at 50%.. Now all it does is Firmware Update Mode.

Before the G2 was recognized and accessible, but now even the KOUSH drivers don't recognize the phone.

I tried reinstalling, uninstalling, rebooting, etc but keep getting the error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Command prompt ADB commands don't work either because the phone just isn't recognized.

Where do I go from here please?

Same. I have bricked a L70.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved!!

I was just pointing out to the person having issues with the flash tool to make sure they have all the drivers installed...