Repacked kernels naming convention

Search This thread

Whiskey103

Member Advocate Admin / Developer Committee
Staff member
Oké guys,

Little suggestion.
Seeing all that boot.img popping up like boot_repacked and it's unclear what it is.

Please use the following format:

kernelxxx-romxxx.img

So it will always be clear what it is and where for.

Also perhaps someone is willing to maintain a all in one repacked kernel thread with all repacked kernels for different roms in one spot?
Volunteers?
If necessary I can provide hosting with a ftp account on whiskey103.nl or androidrevolution.nl

Thanks
Whiskey103
Forum Moderator

Last edited:

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Oké guys,

Little suggestion.
Seeing all that boot.img popping up like boot_repacked and it's unclear what it is.

kernelxxx-romxxx.img

Also perhaps someone is willing to maintain a all in one repacked kernel thread with all repacked kernels for different roms in one spot?
Volunteers?
If necessary I can provide hosting with a ftp account on whiskey103.nl or androidrevolution.nl

Thanks
Whiskey103
Forum Moderator

well i for one can do that..i wouldn't mind... i got the time on my hands and well i already maintaining threads similar so i do not see the problem...if people want to post the repacked versions here for the rom then all i can do is tidy it up in the first and second post and that way everyone can get it here from this thread...so that way no more repacked versions all over the forums they would be here as you say

ExoticMe

Aug 14, 2012
Riyadh
well i for one can do that..i wouldn't mind... i got the time on my hands and well i already maintaining threads similar so i do not see the problem...if people want to post the repacked versions here for the rom then all i can do is tidy it up in the first and second post and that way everyone can get it here from this thread...so that way no more repacked versions all over the forums they would be here as you say
+1

i am willing to help you with it :good:

Reactions: beksi

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
Last edited:
Reactions: elektronat

Whiskey103

Staff member
I do have one for NCX.

maybe someone could have it for the 2-3 other kenels out there? Like, One kernel per person? Would be much easier to manage IMO :)

So, NCX for me, XM for ??, ETC?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137498

Yes I know you have one for NCX and the collection thread could easily link to that.
But iam aiming at a "all in one" but most importantly I wanted the naming convention though ;) as I see all kind of boot-repacked flying around and it's confusing.

Last edited:

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Yes I know you have one for NCX and the collection thread could easily link to that.
But iam aiming at a "all in one" but most importantly I wanted the naming convention though ;) as I see all kind of boot-repacked flying around and it's confusing.

Will make the thread later on tonight. I will message you later for details just out now

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: bluskai

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix

so what are you saying about naming convention? Just name a thread like this
"All in one Kernel repack collection thread for all JB Sense Roms"

if someone can come up with a better name feel free to mention it..

But like i said..I open the thread. People start posting the repacks in the thread and we just organize the first page of the thread with all the necessary repacks with each individual rom.....Something like this

Renovate Rom:
XM95repacked.img
Modules

and just carry on the same as we go along....look let me open the thread and i know what i am going to do...i organized my own threads in order i can do the same here

Whiskey103

Staff member
so what are you saying about naming convention? Just name a thread like this
"All in one Kernel repack collection thread for all JB Sense Roms"

if someone can come up with a better name feel free to mention it..

But like i said..I open the thread. People start posting the repacks in the thread and we just organize the first page of the thread with all the necessary repacks with each individual rom.....Something like this

Renovate Rom:
XM95repacked.img
Modules

and just carry on the same as we go along....look let me open the thread and i know what i am going to do...i organized my own threads in order i can do the same here

Something like that yes :D

Reactions: theDroidfanatic

Kwisatz89

Jul 29, 2010
Roma
R: Repacked kernels naming convention

Hi guys, I think i can help with the repack thread. Just ask me if you need ok?

Inviato dal mio HTC One X

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Oké guys,

Little suggestion.

kernelxxx-romxxx.img

Volunteers?

Thanks
Whiskey103
Forum Moderator

this is the naming convention im actually using on my online repacker :highfive:
and my main reason for creating it to start with is... having a searchable database of very kernel there is :)

and since this is what you're trying to do,
i'd like to ask those thread maintaining repackers to ask me for an account on my site, so that they can approve kernel images,
so that they can appear on the search.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oké guys,

Little suggestion.

kernelxxx-romxxx.img

Volunteers?

Thanks
    Whiskey103
    Forum Moderator
    Oké guys,

Little suggestion.

kernelxxx-romxxx.img

Volunteers?

Thanks
    Whiskey103
    Forum Moderator

I do have one for NCX.

maybe someone could have it for the 2-3 other kenels out there? Like, One kernel per person? Would be much easier to manage IMO :)

+1

i am willing to help you with it :good:
    Oké, so you open a dedicated repacked kernels thread?
    I know we have a few for specific ROM and/or kernel.
    But not a "one stop shop" collection thread.
    I will pm you and talk details.
    I do have one for NCX.