[ROM][4.4.4] SlimKAT [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

epicboy

Nov 21, 2013
slim_op_v05.jpg

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
The Real Dark Slim
Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
System-Wide Keyboard Controls
Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
- Slim Center
Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
- Camera Features
Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links, downloads and changelog

ROM - Latest ROM Download.

Full Gapps - Full gapps for this ROM, less space, more google addons.

Minimal Gapps - Minimal Gapps, more space.

Normal Gapps - Normal Gapps, more extensive than minimal, but doesnt contain some heavy apps from full gapps.

SlimRoms - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Known Issues
-Wifi may not turn on, flash a different kernel to fix this. FIXED!!
-Super User is not implemented in the rom. Flash Chainfire's supersu zip from here
http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip?retrieve_file=1

Credits

- SlimKAT Team for ROM
- bbelos for CM11 rom and kernel

Note: epicboy is not responsible for any damages to you or your device :p

Last edited:

epicboy

Nov 21, 2013
Has anyone tried this Rom yet? I would like to know if there are any problems with it.

ernest-sora

Mar 5, 2011
yeah i tried installing it but only gave me installation problems (after the rom was repartitioning) and soft-bricks. I download it again and it was the same. Anyways I really appreciate your work

Last edited:

epicboy

Nov 21, 2013
yeah i tried installing it but only gave me installation problems (after the rom was repartitioning) and soft-bricks. I download it again and it was the same. Anyways I really appreciate your work
What ROM were u on before this?

EDIT: This rom is now fixed, flash the new zip labled "FIXED" from the MediaFire folder and enjoy Slimkat!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luthiensdad

epicboy

Nov 21, 2013
WIFI is now fixed. no need for new kernel. any other issues please report to me and i will try to fix them.

spartasr

Oct 6, 2010
Really appreciate you bringing this to our epic's, I assume there' no wimax since CM11 still doesn't have it activated?

epicboy

Nov 21, 2013
can someone please test out the new build labeled "TEST" and see if data is working or not?

epicboy

Nov 21, 2013
A little update, I'm giving up on this. Way too many bugs and I can't keep up with them due to me not knowing how to fix and me being too busy with school and work. If anyone wants to port roms to this device i can pm you the guide i used. For now, I think I'll just delete the thread :(

Reactions: ac16313

spartasr

Oct 6, 2010
A little update, I'm giving up on this. Way too many bugs and I can't keep up with them due to me not knowing how to fix and me being too busy with school and work. If anyone wants to port roms to this device i can pm you the guide i used. For now, I think I'll just delete the thread :(

Damn was looking forward to this once data was fully functional, ah well thanks for trying and good luck with school:)

Reactions: epicboy

darkrelik696

Mar 22, 2011
McMinnville, OR
If only they would build another bad arse device with a awesome keyboard. Of all the phones I ever owned this was by far my fav. Which is why I just bought a newish one. hopefully I can find valid links to make it the beast its was ment to be.!

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
I finally got my Epic out of retirement and flash with 4.4.4 and gapps 4.4.2. this combo has the best stab;e and speed, i tried the open-gapps 4.4.4 but i bogged the phone down alot.

btw anyone have a working link to SlimKAT 4.4.4 only one i have used thus far is CM 4.4.4 unofficial

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slim_op_v05.jpg

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    The Real Dark Slim
    Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    - Slim Center
    Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    - Camera Features
    Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links, downloads and changelog

ROM - Latest ROM Download.

Full Gapps - Full gapps for this ROM, less space, more google addons.

Minimal Gapps - Minimal Gapps, more space.

Normal Gapps - Normal Gapps, more extensive than minimal, but doesnt contain some heavy apps from full gapps.

SlimRoms - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Known Issues
    -Wifi may not turn on, flash a different kernel to fix this. FIXED!!
    -Super User is not implemented in the rom. Flash Chainfire's supersu zip from here
    http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip?retrieve_file=1

Credits

- SlimKAT Team for ROM
    - bbelos for CM11 rom and kernel

Note: epicboy is not responsible for any damages to you or your device :p
    What ROM were u on before this?

EDIT: This rom is now fixed, flash the new zip labled "FIXED" from the MediaFire folder and enjoy Slimkat!

Damn was looking forward to this once data was fully functional, ah well thanks for trying and good luck with school:)