[ROM] - 4/20 - CleanROM 1.0 RC1 -★| GB 2.3.6 | Sense 3.0 | MR4 | Clean! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

droid future

Feb 3, 2011
How is everyone's 4G speeds on this rom? At my house I tested 4G on CM7, my GB 2.3.4 rom, and CleanROM. (yeah I have no life)

CM7 average 4G speed: 13.14 Mbps
My GB rom: 16.30 Mbps
CleanROM: 4.07 Mbps

I ran three spreed tests on each rom, at the same location on Speakeasy.net
Is this normal for the MR4 rom?
By the way, these were with the 2.11.605.19 radios.

I've tried other mr4 based roms and the speeds are low too. I know that normal speed app don't read the speeds correctly. On the other roms I've been able to flash the imoseyon 6.1 kernel for gb 3.6 and the speeds increase dramatically after doing the speedtweak.sh command. Maybe try flashing that kernel. I haven't tried this ROM yet but since its based on the same leak it should work too.

You can also try the xfinity speed site on your browser to check speeds. It works better than other sites or apps.

Sent from my rabbit hole using my carrotbolt.

Reactions: Scott

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
How is everyone's 4G speeds on this rom? At my house I tested 4G on CM7, my GB 2.3.4 rom, and CleanROM. (yeah I have no life)

CM7 average 4G speed: 13.14 Mbps
My GB rom: 16.30 Mbps
CleanROM: 4.07 Mbps

I ran three spreed tests on each rom, at the same location on Speakeasy.net
Is this normal for the MR4 rom?
By the way, these were with the 2.11.605.19 radios.

Yeah, thats low for some reason. I am at work right now and cannot test but I will do so when I get home tonight.

Also, could you post the specific PRI and PRL and base band version you have please?

You can get those in settings -> About Phone -> Software Info then base band is on "More"

Thanks!

Reactions: RomsWell

Scott

It does increase network speed. Not because the kernel is faster (although it is) but because the ROM interfaces incorrectly with the network hardware unless IMOs 6.1 kernel is used. I read a LITTLE about it, and it does make a huge difference.

Can you link to the specific kernel you are referring to please? I would like to take a look at this....

Also, has anyone used the actual radios from the leak?

Scott

PRI Version: 1.41_002, 1.64_002
PRL Version: 15109
Baseband Ver: 1.49.00.0406w_1, 0.01.79.0331w_1

Thanks for posting that.

We are runnig same PRL / PRI but I have an older radio. I have 1.48.00.0726w_2 and 0.01.78.0802W_3.

Wich makes sense because I just got the phone a cxouple days ago and have not had time to play with Radios.

I am going to try the recomended kernel first and see how that affects things then I am going to try the actualy MR4 Radio unless someone knows of any issues with it?

Scott

Ikream had a fix for the verizon apps to work on his mr4 leak. Might want to give him a shout.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21938885

[STOCK-1.01.1520.0 MR4] iKReaM.3.0.BRiCKCiTy.ROM.v1.1.STABLE-R3Ds [ UPDATED 2-24-12 ]

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

I guess I should clarify....

This phone was a donation to me to make this ROM to this specification (sans any possible 4G issue of course). I was asked to make it minus VZW apps and any other bloat.

I can easily get the apps working. I dont really need to ask any one else how to do it ;)

Later on I will make a patch for those that "must have" the VZW apps.

But thank you for helping. I appreciate it!

-Scott

jdog94

Mar 3, 2010
I dont see any flicker. Can you give a specific example and I can test.

the flicker is when you flip from screen to screen the widgets will flicker
the widgets im seeing it in are the google search widget and the letters and pics in the friendstream widget ......and yes it does flicker like all the mr4 roms

Scott

the flicker is when you flip from screen to screen the widgets will flicker
the widgets im seeing it in are the google search widget and the letters and pics in the friendstream widget ......and yes it does flicker like all the mr4 roms

I just tried it and at about 30 page flips between Sense clock, Full size Calandar, Full Size Weather, Full Size Friend Stream, and Google Search...

All on seperate screens. I saw the google search flicker very minutely just one time.

Is that how the other ROMS react? Do you see better or worse rates of flicker?

Viper32

Feb 16, 2009
SC (But Bleed Crimson Red)
Not sure if you guys know Scott's work but I was a Rez owner until I washed it :(, I have been running his Roms since last year and I can assure you if Scott puts it out it will be great.......

Scott... Great to see you here as I have been going nuts trying to find something similar to your Rez Roms for the Thunderbolt until I get me another Rez.....

Thanks,
Viper

PS.... Now the TBolt will be something I can deal with with your ROM :)

Reactions: Scott

KGBxxx

May 14, 2010
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I guess I should clarify....

This phone was a donation to me to make this ROM to this specification (sans any possible 4G issue of course). I was asked to make it minus VZW apps and any other bloat.

I can easily get the apps working. I dont really need to ask any one else how to do it ;)

Later on I will make a patch for those that "must have" the VZW apps.

But thank you for helping. I appreciate it!

-Scott

Thanks for making us a new rom!!! Looking forward to seeing your work develop. Very cool!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Scott

Not sure if you guys know Scott's work but I was a Rez owner until I washed it :(, I have been running his Roms since last year and I can assure you if Scott puts it out it will be great.......

Scott... Great to see you here as I have been going nuts trying to find something similar to your Rez Roms for the Thunderbolt until I get me another Rez.....

Thanks,
Viper

PS.... Now the TBolt will be something I can deal with with your ROM :)

Wow, that is terrible! Looks like the timing on the Tbolt was perfect then.

No insurance on the Rez?

gammaxgoblin

Nov 19, 2010
For whatever reason, when I click the download link in the XDA app, all it does is enlarge the picture. When I click the link in the mobile browser, it's loads a blank page. Of I try to navigate to the download from your page, it loads a blank page. Am I gonna have to dl from my PC?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] - 4/20 - CleanROM 1.0 RC1 -★| GB 2.3.6 | Sense 3.0 | MR4 | Clean! |★-

cr2.png

Tbolt1.png

about.png

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Open Mobile MR 4 Update with some features and enhancements! This is not a heavily themed ROM. All HTC and Google Apps are uptdate as of 4/21/2012. ROM is de-odexed and zip aligned

This is Release Candidate 1 and will surely go through enhancements and fixes. Please feel free to share your feedback!

features.png

• No Verizon Apps and are not supported yet. In time support for VZW Apps will be added.
    • Kernel: Stock
    • Sense: Sense 3.0
    • Apps: ES File Explorer, Fast Reboot, WiFi Tether
    • Tweaked: Performance and Battery
    • Enhancements: Extended Quick Settings, Battery with percent

notes.png

• You may get a Notification asking you to "Set Current Time." To disable this notification go to Settings -> Date & Time -> Uncheck Automatic
    • WiFi Tether seems to be touchy with this ROM.
    • The HTC Hot Spot feature works but only seems to be 3G and is FREE!
    • Location does not turn on during initial setup and must be turned on in the Settings.

installation.png

• Place ROM on SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
    • Flash ROM
    • Profit!

thanks.png

• qd2dc
    • MyComputerDoctor for MMS Fix

Also stop putting roms on your wife's phone unless you want to be tech support.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2
    Ok can someone give me a link to download this. When i try in OP it takes to his download but no thunderbolt option. Was it taken down or something. This is my wifes phone and she recently been loosing calls and not sending texts. So i figured i would flash Scotts rom because he does solid roms for my S3 but i just cant find it.

CleanROM 1.0
    Anyone have this that would be willing to upload? Scott removed all archived builds from his site..

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

Try HERE
    Going to give it a try. Currently using as well gingeritis 3D.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using xda premium

Great, please feel free to leave any feedback. I am constantly looking to improve the ROMS I create.

Thanks,

-Scott