[Q] TF700T no screen

Search This thread

asus_boy

Feb 3, 2014
Hi there,

My tablet wouldn't turned on, but now, It is turning on but the screen is not working. The tablet itself is working, sounds, wifi, even Touch screen.
But the screen, is just a gray screen with a minimum brightness.

Anything guys?

Attachments

• bfef1b77dd2936e37d6242ef098bdc4074a5c12121425ca08b73f1cc92b02b7f.jpg
    bfef1b77dd2936e37d6242ef098bdc4074a5c12121425ca08b73f1cc92b02b7f.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 69

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like a dead digitizer to me..... I had to return a 5 day old TF701 and it looked just like your picture there. If you can return and exchange it with your seller, do that. If that is no option and you still have warranty fill out an RMA at Asus and send it in.
You should get all your files off the tablet and Factory Reset it before you do so. MTP should still be working, so you can use your PC to copy everything over.
Another option is to use Asus Backup to back up your stuff and restore it to the new or repaired tablet. You would have to connect the tablet via HDMI cable to a TV for anything you do on the tablet and believe me: It's a PIA to hunt and peck for just the right spot to touch on the tablet's screen while looking at the TV.... But with some persistence a high tolerance for frustration it can be done.

asus_boy

Feb 3, 2014
Thank You Berndblb

I backed up all the files, and the warranty is finished. The service here told me they don't have extra motherboard in their warehouse.

I don't know what to do. I can't let this alone.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
You don't need a motherboard - just a digitizer.
You could try to find one on ebay from someone selling TF700 parts.
You find tear down instructions and videos on ifixit.com. Also search YouTube for instruction videos. Check them out and decide if you think you can do it yourself. Or you have to find someone to do it for you.
Asus will do it, but that is going to cost a pretty penny.....

asus_boy

Feb 3, 2014
Thanks guys, I can do it, I can open the tablet and do the stuff.

I don't know digitizer, and as I said, the touch screen is working and fully responsive. The only thing is the screen which shows nothing but a high brightness page.

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
If you need to see the tablet's desktop you can connect it to an HDMI input on a TV. This might also indicate if it is a motherboard or GPU or other problem if the TV won't display the video signal.

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
Thanks!

If the TV won't display the output, so the problem is not the motherboard right?

Your statement confuses me....might be a translation?

If the TF700 is connected to the TV with a proper HDMI cable and you do not see anything (make sure the TV has the correct HDMI input selected with your remote) then I would say there are "other" video related problems.

Did you connect HDMI? Did the video show on the TV screen?

asus_boy

Feb 3, 2014
Your statement confuses me....might be a translation?

If the TF700 is connected to the TV with a proper HDMI cable and you do not see anything (make sure the TV has the correct HDMI input selected with your remote) then I would say there are "other" video related problems.

Did you connect HDMI? Did the video show on the TV screen?

Well, I got it,

Not yet, I should find the cable and the TV.

Thanks

asus_boy

Feb 3, 2014
UPDATE

Guys,
When I connect the Tablet to TV via HDMI, it shows on the TV.

So the problem is the Digitizer? What should I do?

graphdarnell

Jan 25, 2012
Thank you so much, but I done that before, they are fine. Anything else?

(1) The lcd (display) is bad. (2) If you can still see the display (icons and stuff) in a dark room with a flashlight shining on it, the backlight is bad. In the former scenario, the lcd is around 80 USD on Ebay; in the latter, you might be lucky to find a cracked lcd display for cheap. Buy it and disassemble the thing. Salvage the backlight strip and the back frame and pop your lcd into it. Should work. Just be very careful with taking it apart. Find some detailed instructions on how to do it, like HERE. I've done it with the TF300T, busted cables on 2 of them. Cost some bucks, needless to say, but worthwhile nevertheless.

Last edited: