[ICS][05-03-2012][ALPHA] CyanogenMod 9 for Motorola Milestone 2 (Android 4.0.3)

Search This thread

momus87

Feb 12, 2011
Paris
It's impossible to boot the european GB kernels without updating CDT in the same time.

Signature of codegroups (=partitions) are stored in CDT (which is a partition itself).
Motorola Boot Manager checks /boot signature before booting the kernel

CDT has beed updated in the new euro-GB sbf. -> Topic
This new CDT probabily revoked older kernel signatures, and added gb's signature in the same time.

This is the explanation why :
-It's impossible to boot an older kernel after euro-gb sbf update, even using CWM
(there is no signature of this /boot in the new cdt)

-It's impossible to boot euro-gb kernel without updating cdt in the same time
(old cdt does not contain signature for new /boot)

Something worth trying would be to flash both boot and cdt with CWM, preventing e-fuse burning. If someone tries to do so, he should add recovery in the same time for security reasons.
But I don't know if it's technically possible. And it's probabily risky.

Last edited:

Endless7

May 12, 2011
I have just make a simple port from defy cm9 using gingerbread kernels. So before tezet release our gb based cm9, those who have flashed uk gb kernel guys can make a test to see if the uk kernel can boot the cm9.

edit:uploading finished in 30min. also this port use the 2ndinit from stargo http://cm7-ms2.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/2nd-init/

Last edited:

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
I'm gonna try as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Note: if you have flashed the full euro gb sbf,before testing this port, open the .zip and delete boot.img and devtree.img(no need to extract or resign). this is important!

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/R4ERBYEZ/CM9-ICS-GB-111205-milestone2-port.zip_links
http://android.loicg.net/roms/CM9-ICS-GB-111205-milestone2-port.zip

Well!! I deleted boot.img and devtree.img from the zip as I'm on Euro GB. But then the update throws an error related to boot.img. And I did it without extracting zip or anything. Any suggestions?? I guess the script is designed to look for boot.img and devtree.img

w0ndersp00n

May 10, 2010
Same error here... I'm trying without the asserts in the scripts, as they're on the end of the script.

w0ndersp00n

May 10, 2010
Wait... I think it is installed actually... And is booting... I didn't wipe data btw... Which I probably should've done...

Anyhow, right now I'm stuck in a bootloop :D

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
Wait... I think it is installed actually... And is booting... I didn't wipe data btw... Which I probably should've done...

Ohhh!! Okay. Lemme know if it boots after wipe data.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Just edit the updater-script and remove the lines trying to flash them

If updater-script is edited, would that required the zip to be resigned?

Endless7

May 12, 2011

pull out battery to reboot. it's an known issue in current defy cm9 build. the second boot will be normal.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

If updater-script is edited, would that required the zip to be resigned?

no need to resign but you have to repack it as .zip.

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
It boots for me too!! Thanks guys!!

It is showing a 3G sign for me and I tested the browser too. It works for me.

Update: It crashed as I tried setting up the alarm.

Last edited:

Endless7

May 12, 2011
It works. Mobile data (GSM/3G) however doesn't seem to work. I already disabled the SIM Lock...

GSM(2G?,im a little confuse with these names) works here.

Anyway,remember,this is not a real build for milestone2. but this prove uk and ch use the similar kernels. So let's wait for tezet to release a real milestone 2 build:)

w0ndersp00n

May 10, 2010
Yes 2G/3G. Anyhow I'm reinstalling it, to see if it'll be fixed. After that I'll go back to stock.

I'm just happy it's proven to be possible! :)

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
I get signal when I'm on 3G. I can make calls and use the internet as well. On switching to 2G, I lose the signal completely (data + calls).

So we booted ICS over our existing Euro GB kernel. That is good news indeed!!

w0ndersp00n

May 10, 2010
I can't. Well, I'm going back to stock, as this still is my primary device :D This is great progress (and more life for this device)!

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
Yeah, I switched back too. Many areas in the city don't have good 3G signal and then I would lose connectivity there. For me also, MS2 is the primary device.

BTW does this mean that anything compiled and booting for CH GB kernel for MS2 will work for Euro GB kernel as well without giving FCs? (obviously keeping boot.img and devtree.img intact from Euro GB and not changing them using the update.zip)

Top Liked Posts