[Q] (Status 7) Perhaps a unique problem, China Mobile

Search This thread

kyotowired

May 3, 2011
Hello you brilliant people! I haven't been on here in some time. I recently move to China and brought along my Galaxy S3 i-535. It's been some time since I've worked with flashing custom ROMs and never tried it on the S3 until I came here. I am able to root, unlock the boot loader, and install CWM. However, whenever I try and flash any ROM I get the ever infuriating (Status 7) assert. Meaning that I have the incorrect ROM, correct? But I have double, triple, and quadruple checked and I have the correct ROM. Here are the pertinent details:

=============================================================
-Samsung Galaxy S3 I-535
-Originally a Verizon phone (Screw VZW!)
-Currently on the ChinaMobile network with a Chinese SIM card
-CWM v6.0.2.3
-And I'm currently on Android 4.1.2
-Baseband Ver.: I535VRBMB1
-Kernal Ver.: 3.0.31-861013 (not sure if useful, but maybe)

=============================================================

Here is the my specific question. ##Could I be receiving the Status 7 assert due to the different SIM card/network??##
I've tried removing the assert from the updater-script file, but no luck. I changed almost a year ago, so the old SIM card is long lost and finding a VZW SIM here would be nearly impossible.
I believe my CWM version is new enough.
If this is the case, any suggestions on where to go next? Any developer/website that would work with China Mobile is in Chinese, and my Chinese is VERY poor.

I need to update my phone to receive data, so they say, but I'm not sure how high I have to update. I was trying to avoid 4.3 because of the locked bootloader. But I think I can find a ROM for 4.3 or 4.4 that doesn't force me to take the locked boot loader? Am I correct in my thinking. Yes I have been researching, I just want to make sure I'm right.

Any useful assistance will be rewarded with my endless gratitude and kind thoughts!!!

Last edited:

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
You want to upgrade your CWM to 6.0.4.5 then flash your roms from there. If you're using Rom Manager, you can upgrade from within the app itself. Alternatively, you can download the CWM 6.0.4.5 recovery IMG file from the official CWM website, download "Flashify" from the Play Store then install the CWM 6.0.4.5. recovery img file using Flashify.

kyotowired

May 3, 2011
WOot woot!!!!

You want to upgrade your CWM to 6.0.4.5 then flash your roms from there. If you're using Rom Manager, you can upgrade from within the app itself. Alternatively, you can download the CWM 6.0.4.5 recovery IMG file from the official CWM website, download "Flashify" from the Play Store then install the CWM 6.0.4.5. recovery img file using Flashify.

That was all it needed! Success! Running the latest Cyanogen!

Much thanks, much thanks!

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WOot woot!!!!

That was all it needed! Success! Running the latest Cyanogen!

Much thanks, much thanks!