SCH-i545 Verizon GSIV - Stock from Root MK2

Search This thread

rossifer

Dec 14, 2013
Hi All!
I rooted my Galaxy S4 on Verizon earlier today (well, attempted to) with VRoot. It worked, but everything was really sluggish so I attempted to flash back to the stock Samsung ROM. I discovered that since I was running 4.3 with the MK2 OTA, I can't flash a previous version. I can't find a copy of the MK2 ROM anywhere. Does anyone here have any suggestions or maybe a link to the MK2 ROM for the i545 on Verizon?

Thanks!
Ross

rossifer

Dec 14, 2013
Hi All!
I rooted my Galaxy S4 on Verizon earlier today (well, attempted to) with VRoot. It worked, but everything was really sluggish so I attempted to flash back to the stock Samsung ROM. I discovered that since I was running 4.3 with the MK2 OTA, I can't flash a previous version. I can't find a copy of the MK2 ROM anywhere. Does anyone here have any suggestions or maybe a link to the MK2 ROM for the i545 on Verizon?

Thanks!
Ross

Got it fixed. :) Used Kies to download MK2 and reflash. All is now well. Still have the file if anyone else needs it.

Mtsprite

Oct 2, 2013
Houston
So your device isn't rooted anymore? I'm trying to find a sure way to root my S4 i545 MK2 because I'm a noob. . .

There are several ways to root the mk2 version but both vroot and kingo have been deemed unsafe by the xda mods, in the development thread there is however a root method for mj7 that does in fact work with mk2. also im gonna warn you before hand that there is no custom recovery available for the mk2 or mj7 versions of the gs4.

Link to saferoot method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

Last edited:
Reactions: bqw371

xclementinex

Dec 16, 2013
There are several ways to root the mk2 version but both vroot and kingo have been deemed unsafe by the xda mods, in the development thread there is however a root method for mj7 that does in fact work with mk2. also im gonna warn you before hand that there is no custom recovery available for the mk2 or mj7 versions of the gs4.

I used the same method. Worked quite well. But is it yet safe to flash?

Last edited:

Mtsprite

Oct 2, 2013
Houston
I used the same method. Worked quite well. But is it yet safe to flash?

If your talking About flashing custom ROMS/recovery's, then no, and if you attempt to do either it most likely will result in a brick. However a Dev by the name of Hashcode, is currently working on making safestrap compatible with MJ7 & MK2. I hope that helps clear up some things.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

paulsg63

Mar 17, 2006
I have the Verizon S4... I took the OTA and updated to MK2. I then rooted using Saferoot.
All is good ...

Now.. Is the recovery unlocked? or do I need Safestrap Recovry to get ROMs on this?

Please advise.

Thanks!

jhud25

Sep 30, 2013
Nashville,TN
A little help rooting mk2 via safe root. I've been rooted since me7 to mi1 to mj7. I flashed no wipe mj7 via Odin to take the ota mk2. Problem is the install bat closes as soon as I try to execute it. Drivers are correct Kies and Odin recognize my phone. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
I have the Verizon S4... I took the OTA and updated to MK2. I then rooted using Saferoot.
All is good ...

Now.. Is the recovery unlocked? or do I need Safestrap Recovry to get ROMs on this?

Please advise.

Thanks!

No custom recovery.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

A little help rooting mk2 via safe root. I've been rooted since me7 to mi1 to mj7. I flashed no wipe mj7 via Odin to take the ota mk2. Problem is the install bat closes as soon as I try to execute it. Drivers are correct Kies and Odin recognize my phone. Any suggestions?

That's caused by a defect in the install script that I introduced when trying to add more prompting to help people connect. Re-download and it should be OK.

Reactions: jhud25

jhud25

Sep 30, 2013
Nashville,TN
Re downloaded script worked like a charm. it errored out on busy box install but titanium verifies I have busy box installed. Great work on the exploit as well as the bat file. Thanks again, I was about to lose my mind

jhud25

Sep 30, 2013
Nashville,TN
I can't confirm but it has been said that mk2 is backwards compatible. Flash mj7 stock via odin. Then ota back to mk2. I know it's a long way around but it's worth looking into.

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
I can't confirm but it has been said that mk2 is backwards compatible. Flash mj7 stock via odin. Then ota back to mk2. I know it's a long way around but it's worth looking into.

Thank,s not a big deal to go back. I didn't think you could go back.

N8007

Oct 8, 2013
If you can go backwards that would be sweet. I would like to start running some custom Roms. I will give it a try.:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
If you can go backwards that would be sweet. I would like to start running some custom Roms. I will give it a try.:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

You ONLY can go backwards from MK2 to MJ7. You seem to be interpreting this as being able to go back from MK2 to anything, and that's not the case.

Both of those releases only allow custom ROMs using Safestrap, and both support the same ROMs. There's no point in downgrading to MJ7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So your device isn't rooted anymore? I'm trying to find a sure way to root my S4 i545 MK2 because I'm a noob. . .

Is there a way to go back to MD5 from MK2 once you have root?

Do u mean mdk?....there is no way