HDMI adapter cable for pro 10.1

Search This thread

mrphil101

Apr 2, 2009
Florida
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I bought this hdmi cable from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K61OB6C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I hooked up the tab to the tv, cranked up netflix and nothing. I plugged in the power adapter and got a picture. So needs charger to plugged in to work. I wasn't real keen on the output, but was only testing for connectivity. Might come back and edit after I have chance to adjust settings.

Today, I plugged the cable into the second hdmi port on my tv and it does mirror the tab display. Good response time too.

The charger is necessary but it does not charge the Tab. Left it plugged in and battery was down to 38% before i noticed.

Last edited:
Reactions: k8108

Jerryo100

Aug 31, 2011
Hamlet, NC
Maybe a hardware error? Because under features it's described that it will charge your device...

Probably not a hardware error. I'm on my 3rd dongle that's supposed to charge your tablet while using connected devices. The latest is this one: http://www.amazon.com/E-More%C2%AE-Multi-functional-Connection-Reader-Samsung/dp/B00K80C9CE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1403104007&sr=8-8&keywords=HDTV+HDMI+Adapter+Cable+USB+OTG+Card+Reader
Everything works except for charging the tablet. Have a red X on the charging symbol while the battery continues to drain. It does charge the tablet while it's off. I have a power hungry Tab Pro 12.2 that has trouble maintaining a charge while playing a couple games with the stock 2 amp charger. I'm beginning to think that none of the HDMI dongles out there are capable of delivering the current necessary to run the larger tablets.

burningstep

Oct 19, 2013
Ah, I see. It's because not enough power through the micro usb. You need 2A but this adapter's only delivering 1A.

It seems, there a no adapters with 2A...

mrphil101

Apr 2, 2009
Florida
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have a ton of usb chargers gathered over the years. Largest i have is only 5.1 volts. Tab has a large output. Wonder if other devices could be damaged using it or is output regulated by draw of whatever it is attached to? At any rate, i don't think any of the dongles or otg cables have a power source other than what is supplied by the tabs adapter. So are you thinking it is an issue with the pin configuration on the adapter? It is a 11 pin connector. Sure wish there was 1 standard for everyone instead of everyone having their own.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

burningstep

Oct 19, 2013
It's not limitated by the pins, there are just for more or less possibilities for an interchange (at least a salesman told me that). It's limited by the inside electronical components. Maybe anybody out there to explain it better or correct my words?

Weo

Mar 25, 2010
If I remember correctly (it's been a couple years since I tested it), my S3 required the Samsung charger + Samsung wire hooked up to the HDMI (I have the Samsung HDMI adapter) to charge the device while mirroring the screen. I tried it with a more powerful power adapter (2.1 amps vs Samsung 1.x amps) and generic wire but the phone would lose power over time. I could even charge the phone while mirroring if I used a generic Samsung wall charger and Samsung cord that was listed as 0.8 amps.

RowBan

Jul 7, 2014
Southport
I bought the official Samsung one a few weeks ago and it is working fine, it also charges the device while using it but you have to connect a charger to the MHL-HDMI adapter.

Sadly I recently flashed CM11 on my TabPRO 10.1 and now the adapter doesn't work anymore. I get picture but no sound :( Was so happy about getting CM11 official on my device, but this feature is something I can't live without so I'm going to have to hop back to stockbased :(

kkaki

Nov 1, 2014
HDMI doesn´t work

Hi guys! I´ve bought this one adapter dhgate.com/product/1-1-mhl-11-pin-micro-usb-to-hdmi-cable-hdtv/163941539 I know is not the original one but doesnt work!!!! I did all the steps but nothing. Any idea?? I have installed the original ROM on my galaxy tab t520. I need help!!! Thanks

LvnInOC

Aug 8, 2010
Huntington Beach
Hey everyone, so just reading all the comments regarding the HDMI adapter not charging your tab while it is plugged in with the charger, I have also had issues with it and also with my Note2 and the Samsung Smart Dock I use with it. But I did however manage to find the solution to why it would not charge while on the HDMI dock that is connected to my T.V. It seams that if you plug either the Smart Dock or even the HDMI connectors to the HDMI cable first then plug in the charger it will show its charging but will eventually lose charge while outputting an HDMI output, instead, you need to first plug in the charger cable into your HDMI adapter, then plug it into your phone or tablet and finally plug in the HDMI cable into the adapter, I have found this to be the way to keep my phone and tablet charging while also having the HDMI output connected to my T.V..
Hope this helps .

Reactions: k8108

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought this hdmi cable from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K61OB6C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I hooked up the tab to the tv, cranked up netflix and nothing. I plugged in the power adapter and got a picture. So needs charger to plugged in to work. I wasn't real keen on the output, but was only testing for connectivity. Might come back and edit after I have chance to adjust settings.

Today, I plugged the cable into the second hdmi port on my tv and it does mirror the tab display. Good response time too.

The charger is necessary but it does not charge the Tab. Left it plugged in and battery was down to 38% before i noticed.
    Hey everyone, so just reading all the comments regarding the HDMI adapter not charging your tab while it is plugged in with the charger, I have also had issues with it and also with my Note2 and the Samsung Smart Dock I use with it. But I did however manage to find the solution to why it would not charge while on the HDMI dock that is connected to my T.V. It seams that if you plug either the Smart Dock or even the HDMI connectors to the HDMI cable first then plug in the charger it will show its charging but will eventually lose charge while outputting an HDMI output, instead, you need to first plug in the charger cable into your HDMI adapter, then plug it into your phone or tablet and finally plug in the HDMI cable into the adapter, I have found this to be the way to keep my phone and tablet charging while also having the HDMI output connected to my T.V..
    Hope this helps .