Camera failed error

Search This thread

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
wouldn't they ask to see the camera failed error? its not showing anymore...

plus, won't sprint charge me? I don't have TEP

Mine did what you're describing where the reboot fixed it. So my phone appeared to be functioning normally otherwise. I told the Sprint store person what it did and they looked it up and ordered me a replacement phone.

I do not have TEP either. Therefore, I didn't want to have to deal with it in a few months/weeks if it kept occuring. They're replacing them now and it's a new phone. So go and gice it a shot.

Had my phone not thrown the error more than once, I would have not returned it.

Reactions: eyecon82

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Mine did what you're describing where the reboot fixed it. So my phone appeared to be functioning normally otherwise. I told the Sprint store person what it did and they looked it up and ordered me a replacement phone.

I do not have TEP either. Therefore, I didn't want to have to deal with it in a few months/weeks if it kept occuring. They're replacing them now and it's a new phone. So go and gice it a shot.

Do you have sprint?

-Sent from Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Did you read my post?

Sorry. My mistake

So they are ordering you a new phone and letting you keep your current one in the meantime?

And no charge?

Also, did you just bring it into a regular corporate sprint store, or a tech support store?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Last edited:

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
Sorry. My mistake

So they are ordering you a new phone and letting you keep your current one in the meantime?

And no charge?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Yes, last week (Tuesday) I went in and told them about the error. They had to order me a replacement phone which came in on Thursday morning. I kept my current device from Tuesday to Thursday. The replacement is a no-charge replacement, so it is free. Mine did come in a box that was marked "RECxxxx" meaning reconditioned and with a reconditioned warranty card in it...however the phone is brand new. Going to the dial pad and hitting ##786#, then view, showed me that it was "NO" under Reconditioned. The longer you wait, the more of a chance you might get a reconditioned device. I'm not sure there's any guarantee that you'll get a new device, but I did it last week and did.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Yes, last week (Tuesday) I went in and told them about the error. They had to order me a replacement phone which came in on Thursday morning. I kept my current device from Tuesday to Thursday. The replacement is a no-charge replacement, so it is free. Mine did come in a box that was marked "RECxxxx" meaning reconditioned and with a reconditioned warranty card in it...however the phone is brand new. Going to the dial pad and hitting ##786#, then view, showed me that it was "NO" under Reconditioned. The longer you wait, the more of a chance you might get a reconditioned device. I'm not sure there's any guarantee that you'll get a new device, but I did it last week and did.

Thanks...also did you go to a regular sprint corp store, or one of those tech support sprint stores?

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
Thanks...also did you go to a regular sprint corp store, or one of those tech support sprint stores?

I went to an approved Sprint repair/retail facility store that was operated by Universal Wireless, which I believe is why they had to order me a phone. A Corp store might just hand you a new one. The device I received was just the device, nothing else.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
I went to an approved Sprint repair/retail facility store that was operated by Universal Wireless, which I believe is why they had to order me a phone. A Corp store might just hand you a new one. The device I received was just the device, nothing else.

well, just found out that all sprint corp tech support sites have been shut down in my area and only third party ones exist

I went to a third party one..and they said they don't deal with the camera errors because they can't open up s5's due to the water resistance and to call samsung

i called samsung and they admitted its a known error, but want me to ship my phone to try to fix it, and be without my phone for at least 2 weeks....

screw that...

ill try to find another third party dealer that may order me one

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
well, just found out that all sprint corp tech support sites have been shut down in my area and only third party ones exist

I went to a third party one..and they said they don't deal with the camera errors because they can't open up s5's due to the water resistance and to call samsung

i called samsung and they admitted its a known error, but want me to ship my phone to try to fix it, and be without my phone for at least 2 weeks....

screw that...

You should go back to the third party store and tell them to look into the error in the Sprint system, as long as they are an approved Sprint facility. The error is in there, there's a drop down menu that tells them its a no charge replacement. They don't have to open the phone and they're not allowed to open the phones within 90 days of launch anyways. You should try to get to the manager of that store, sounds like you got to someone that didn't want to actually log into the computer.

Do you have any Samsung experience shops in Best Buys near you? They'll do the swap apparently too.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
You should go back to the third party store and tell them to look into the error in the Sprint system, as long as they are an approved Sprint facility. The error is in there, there's a drop down menu that tells them its a no charge replacement. They don't have to open the phone and they're not allowed to open the phones within 90 days of launch anyways. You should try to get to the manager of that store, sounds like you got to someone that didn't want to actually log into the computer.

Do you have any Samsung experience shops in Best Buys near you? They'll do the swap apparently too.

ok ill try that...even though he was already on the computer...he seemed to already know about the issue and asked some other guy "hey, we are referring them to samsung, right?"

eyecon82

May 30, 2010

ok ill try that...even though he was already on the computer...he seemed to already know about the issue and asked some other guy "hey, we are referring them to samsung, right?"

awesome man...i just called and spoke with manager who just asked for my phone # and ordered me a replacement without even having to go back in the store!

the line of "Sprint corp tech support said as long as they are an approved sprint facility, the error is in the computer, and there's a drop down menu that tells them its a 'no charge replacement'"

:good::good::good::good:

they should call me within a few days to swap it out, now im just hoping it isn't a refurb

EDIT: Just called back to ask if its going to be a refurb or a new one and manager said that they haven't seen a single refurb yet for the s5 replacements

Last edited:
Reactions: mmark27

XjJeepers

Mar 30, 2012
Coal City, Illinois
Ive had the same issue....im on #4 same camera failed in all...they want to charge me to swap it out this time....

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Eris _2.1_2010

May 13, 2010
South Bend, IN
I didn't know this was an issue. I've gotten the camera failed message a few times. The signal on this S5 is horrible compared to how my S4 was before it was killed. Always dropping signal and calls.

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
Whelp, this is great. Now my FFC is having an issue with something falling down in front of it! Off to samsung repair for 9 - 11 days......

RTfU72M.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Correct! And you can download an app on the play store to make sure that you got a completely new device and not a refurbished/used device!

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

What is the app called?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

No app needed.

Dial ##786# then view. Scroll down. It'll say if it's refurbished or not.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my S5

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Thats wishful thinking my friend but that would be nice.. In my experiences and I have exchanged several devices over the years with Sprint they call you back several days later you go in and it will be a device for device swap you hand them your broken/defective one they activate and hand you replacement.. Still not bad if yours is broken but no extra freebies unfortunately..

Yes, that was a joke. I'm still replacing it as I don't want that to come back again. I don't have tep so now's my chance if it happens again, I may be sol. Fortunately, found a friend of a friend that works at this store. He's verified it should be new. So there's not much to lose with swapping, except my time rebuilding all my stuffs. Plus, I'm heading out on vacation soon and need this camera to function.

Rather not end up with a refurb though...

-Sent from Tapatalk

You won't. Exchange it. Now's the time.

wouldn't they ask to see the camera failed error? its not showing anymore...

plus, won't sprint charge me? I don't have TEP

Sorry. My mistake

And no charge?

-Sent from Tapatalk

screw that...