Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

filipovic103

Dec 14, 2010
Belgrade
dzoni.biz
Hey,

My contract is ending in a month or so, and it's time to search for a new phone. To be honest, I'm not interested in "Flag Ships", I just want a bigger phone and something different, I'm a bit bored of Android.

Right now I have an LG Optimus L5. (Phones in Serbia are crazy expensive, e.g. S5 here is 800 USD on contract.)

And then I saw the Nokia Lumia 1320, it came out this year it's affordable, it has a big screen and it looks awesome. So I wanted to see if any of you, have used this phone, and I'd love to hear your input about it. Or if you have a suggestion on a different device, go for it. (Devices I can get are listed in the end)

Note, I'm not looking to play heavy games on it, I have a Nexus 7 for that sort of thing. I need the phone to do 7 things, call & sms, twitter, internet browser, wifi hotspot, play music, and some light games to kill time in transit.

Phones that I was offered for my contract:

Lumia 1320
Lumia 630
LG L80
Samsung Galaxy Core 2
Sony Experia M2

Also, if I accidently posted in the wrong section, Mods please don't delete the thread. I'm kind of new here.

Last edited:

4Freedom

Jul 9, 2013
Hey,

My contract is ending in a month or so, and it's time to search for a new phone. To be honest, I'm not interested in "Flag Ships", I just want a bigger phone and something different, I'm a bit bored of Android.

Right now I have an LG Optimus L5. (Phones in Serbia are crazy expensive, e.g. S5 here is 800 USD on contract.)

And then I saw the Nokia Lumia 1320, it came out this year it's affordable, it has a big screen and it looks awesome. So I wanted to see if any of you, have used this phone, and I'd love to hear your input about it. Or if you have a suggestion on a different device, go for it. (Devices I can get are listed in the end)

Note, I'm not looking to play heavy games on it, I have a Nexus 7 for that sort of thing. I need the phone to do 7 things, call & sms, twitter, internet browser, wifi hotspot, play music, and some light games to kill time in transit.

Phones that I was offered for my contract:

Lumia 1320
Lumia 630
LG L80
Samsung Galaxy Core 2
Sony Experia M2

Also, if I accidently posted in the wrong section, Mods please don't delete the thread. I'm kind of new here.

hmm sure you hate android because you have an l5 as me, but the bad of this phone is the hardware and lg tht didnt update our phone, so...
i am sure that if you ll have a better phone and you pay it more, you d love android.

android is wondeful, and a major release of os will be presented in autumn :D
dont move to lumia, in my opinion they are very limited phone and you can do half of things that you can do on android:crying:
more, on android you can change interface, more apps, more personalizarion ecc i suggest you to dont move to windows... very limited os made only to make money from microsoft

that is my opinion:good:

filipovic103

Dec 14, 2010
Belgrade
dzoni.biz
Go for the Galaxy Core 2 mate, it seems the best one from the offered ones

I'm not really a fan of Samsung.

hmm sure you hate android because you have an l5 as me, but the bad of this phone is the hardware and lg tht didnt update our phone, so...
i am sure that if you ll have a better phone and you pay it more, you d love android.

android is wondeful, and a major release of os will be presented in autumn :D
dont move to lumia, in my opinion they are very limited phone and you can do half of things that you can do on android:crying:
more, on android you can change interface, more apps, more personalizarion ecc i suggest you to dont move to windows... very limited os made only to make money from microsoft

that is my opinion:good:

To be honest, I like android and I have an android tablet (Nexus7) which I'm using right now. And I've been using Android since v1.6. But as my post said I'd could use a change. I am aware that WP has only a few good apps in the store, but I don't need anything else than the basic most common apps like Twitter and Deezer. Secondly, I absolutely do not want to spend more money on a better android phone or a so called "flagship".

Indeed the L5 was a disappointment, in every possible way starting from the screen right down to the performance. But is not the reason for my wish to switch.

Probably the biggest issue with Windows Phone 8.1 is the availability of apps and games. But it's not something that concerns me on such a level that I would give up on buying it. I also forgot to mention that I like the build quality of the Lumia device(s).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.