Xperia Arc S - Help With Install Cm9

Search This thread

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback
I first ill try rooting and after that maybe a new room, but i confess, i am a Little scarred, don't want to brick my phone :).
Speaking in root, do you have some thoughs about this? http://www.unlockroot.com/, to rooting the phone? (i am in ICS 4.0.4 - 4.1.B.0.431)

(this weakend i have played with the phone, photos, system, etc,, and this is a great phone for a single core, really fast, my fried have a galaxy S3 and the diference is not so much and the price is more them 2x more)

take care, and thanks for all the help and feedbacks.
Why any one would pay to root when it can be done for free is beyond me. That site is for the laziest of lazy.

Sent from my CM9'd Arc

nPingu

Jan 23, 2012
Verona
I wouldn't use that my friend... Just stick to the rooting guide in the General section and it will be fast and painless.. I'm not a developer or anything but starting from 0 knowledge thanks to this community and searching the forum i unlocked my bootloader, rooted the phone, installed custom kernel and rom, supercharged it and more! :)
I love this place and as you can see i dont have much posts, not cause i'm new but cause I always Found what I was looking for..
:) if you need help I'm here, but use the search tool and probably you'll get all the answers you need!

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Sulfulric

Sulfulric

Sep 5, 2012
I wouldn't use that my friend... Just stick to the rooting guide in the General section and it will be fast and painless.. I'm not a developer or anything but starting from 0 knowledge thanks to this community and searching the forum i unlocked my bootloader, rooted the phone, installed custom kernel and rom, supercharged it and more! :)
I love this place and as you can see i dont have much posts, not cause i'm new but cause I always Found what I was looking for..
:) if you need help I'm here, but use the search tool and probably you'll get all the answers you need!

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

you are right, i found some threat about this software i talk to you, and ill not use it.
However last night i make the process you indicate me and everything go smooth, now i have a official ics sony 4.1.5(something) rooted.
thanks for help. must appreciated.

baselkazak

Feb 23, 2014
please help

i forgot wipe factory data and a wipe cache when i install cm9 on arc s and my device go restart when it arrives in the form of a blue man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

Hi!

to flash the kernel you'll need to do it via Fastboot. There are some guides in this section to help you get CWM recovery easily, but if you're a noob like me I'd give try to Flashtool (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1000012).
    It's a little program that helps you out flashing kernels, roms and some other joyful gift from xda... ;)
    Try it out and let me know!

For the ROM/Kernel choice if you want a clean AOSP (android stock) experience go with the FXP CM9 or AOKP (for a little more customization)... If you browse the "Android Development" section you're going to find plenty about it and in the related thread you'll find some help with kernel choice!

I actually am on JJ's Hybrid Rom with ArcKnight kernel, it's based on Sony's firmware but looks like aosp (I don't like the CM9 camera) and it's really smooth!

Cheers and let me know if I helped you out! :fingers-crossed:
    Install instructions:

1. Flash kernel (fastboot flash boot boot.img)
    2. Install a Recovery (there are some around this forum)
    3. Wipe (only required 1st time)
    4. Flash Rom
    5. OK!!
    1. Flash kernel (fastboot flash boot boot.img)
    2. Install a Recovery (there are some around this forum)
    3. Wipe (only required 1st time)
    4. Flash Rom
    5. OK!!

noob here too on arc s first time flashing,
    for kernel, can it be flash from cwm?
    noob here too on arc s first time flashing,
    for kernel, can it be flash from cwm?
    No, With FAStboot ONLY
    Yeah that's the thread!
    I applied the patch but it works just fine as it is, even without it!
    baseband should be no problem, the problem is combination rom/baseband and not baseband/network (dunno if I can explain myself, sorry about it).
    In other words, if your phone is on ics .431 stock and you flash this, you'll get the same baseband and everything's gonna work out! :)

I unlocked my bootloader so I'm not familiar with that kind of install but it should be even easier.
    Let me know if you need any help about it, I hope we are not going too much OT! :)

Happy to help!