[Q] Desire HD, I bought it with a problem

Search This thread
i can't find your RUU...so maybe you can try another RUU like this RUU, but you must flashing it manually..to do that..
first you must find the rom.zip file from that RUU then change it manually the cid in android-info.txt in that rom.zip file from that RUU, change it to your cid.."HTC__032"
then rename it that rom.zip file to PD98IMG.zip..after that you can copied that file to the root directory of your sdcard then continued flashing it through bootloader..

complete guide RUU you can find it here.. (this ruu guide for htc sensation...but the guide for flashing RUU is the same as DHD read carefully at step 4)

Reactions: kristophers

kristophers

Jan 16, 2014
Sofia
i can't find your RUU...so maybe you can try another RUU like this RUU, but you must flashing it manually..to do that..
first you must find the rom.zip file from that RUU then change it manually the cid in android-info.txt in that rom.zip file from that RUU, change it to your cid.."HTC__032"
then rename it that rom.zip file to PD98IMG.zip..after that you can copied that file to the root directory of your sdcard then continued flashing it through bootloader..

complete guide RUU you can find it here.. (this ruu guide for htc sensation...but the guide for flashing RUU is the same as DHD read carefully at step 4)

:(

First time I tried it, but the result was the same
are you do it that with extracted that rom.zip..?, because it shouldn't be extracted..that's rom.zip will broken if you extracted it...
or you can follow this guide from here.. see in the last step a section of "How to edit the android-info.txt File via Windows"

kristophers

Jan 16, 2014
Sofia
@kristophers this is mean you're already successes it...?, i mean your phone is already back to normal again..?

if yes..can you post it in here..how the final step you fix it ..maybe this will be useful for someone later..

I have not succeed , I cannot deal with change of .zip file:(

I found another RUU with the same cidnum HTC__032, and had some progress, but It stuck on main version check, because it is 3.12...
Here is the progress-

Last edited:
I have not succeed , I cannot deal with change of .zip file:(

I found another RUU with the same cidnum HTC__032, and had some progress, but It stuck on main version check, because it is 3.12...
Here is the progress-
yap...i think because the RUU that you tried to flashing it is had a lower main version than yours..that's why flashing stuck at "..main version check failed" , even that's RUU had a CID that are match with your CIDnum...but because your main version is higher than that's RUU..bootloader just can't downgrading..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I'm from Bulgaria, I bought a Desire HD that was with relocked bootloader. I unlocked the bootloader with htcdev.com. Now it is unlock. The phone not load any ROM, can,'t make recovery from bootloader, can't make factory reset from bootloader. I tried to flash several stock ROMs before and after unlocking, but getting a different errors. Attempted ROMs are with the same RADIO. I Tried this-
    just copy the rom.zip from temp folder of your user name on pc while running that RUU at the next of second step..i mean while you double click of the RUU then you the first prompt that you must thick "Understand blah blah blah.." then click next..you must hold setup at this step..and tried search the rom.zip in your temp folder of your pc and copied to another folder..then rename it to PD98IMG.zip and put in to the root of your sd card..then boot the phone to bootloader mode..wait until bootloader reading and checking the PD98IMG.zip file..then ask you to confirm if you wanna flash it.. but without success. Stay on the white screen with grenn HTC logo when is turned on, and when I tried to make recovery or factory reset. When the stock ROM start to install (before give me a error ) the screen stay on grey HTC logo on Black screen. Can anyone help me? I attached a picture of Bootloader-

Uhh, have you actually installed recovery - if you haven't well that's why.

Go here: http://www.4ext.net/ddl/ace/recovery.zip

Extract the files

Copy recovery img to your adb.exe folder (make sure fastboot.exe is there)

Turn on your phone into fastboot mode

CD to that directory and type in "fastboot devices"

Confirm it says your serial

Then type in "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Now you have recovery (it means you can flash roms and kernels and mods and anything flashable apart from radios and firmwares)
    I did this correctly, everything is OK, but now what? I tried to install stock ROM, but with no result. Here is a pictures of instalation-

don't install stock rom or RUU again..

just installing custom rom (you can search and choice a custom rom in "Desire HD Android Development") and installing the rom.zip file from 4ext recovery (install zip from sd card)..don't forget to flashing boot.img too (flashing under FASTBOOT mode with fastboot command "fastboot flash boot boot.img").. that the boot.img are extracted from the rom.zip file that you had already installed..

hope this can help..
    Thank you, but I can't see 4EXT Recovery menu on my phone. And I can't install custom ROM
    did you already installing 4ext recovery..?, if so..to go that recovery then you just need select Recovery from your bootloader menu..then you can installing custom rom from there..
    just copied your custom rom file to the root of your sd card..this mean just placed inside your sdcard..don't placed inside any folder..then after that you can installing that rom from 4ext recovery

hope this can help..
    Just repeat all the step in second post...just this time you show me the out put from cmd...after you typing command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I tried with two different recovery files. When I want to install PdaNet on the PC, I can't finalizing instalation, because can't make USB debugging mode on the device and instalation can't copy the necessery files on it.
    then now you're already had custom recovery right..?, if soo...then you can continued installing the rom.zip (cusrom rom) file from there..but always don't forget to flashing boot.img too that's are extracted from the rom.zip that you already installed..