Battery performance of official ROM is the best!

Search This thread

avenger2005

Nov 21, 2006
I have tried a lot of roms,including touch it v4.5,Jack's 3.0,offocial rom R2AA010 and some chinese roms etc .
The battery performance of R2AA010 is the best,much much better the others.
I don't know why,someone says the official rom lower the CPU frequency,but it still runs quite smoothly and fast.
I hope someone would find out the real reason and this power issue can be resolved in new roms.

cursor

Sep 21, 2006
well, doing my personal testing, I just tested official (R1 and R2) and Jack's 4.0, 4.5 and now 5.0 (waiting till fix'd version to do a batt test) and I just find all version with the same autonomy.

the main thing I see, Is that I don't configure HSDPA connection autodisconnect in advanced settings (so the connnection is keep alive) battery drains much faster (in all roms).

avenger2005

Nov 21, 2006
why my battery drained so fast besides the official rom,maybe somewhere default settings are different between the various Roms.

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
tf3d just needs more cpu power and memory than the usual today screen of the stock roms. this, of course, drains the battery faster.

menay

Dec 31, 2008
Phom Penh
Yes

I agreed. But my big disapointment is the official have a lot of anoying application that I think I can't live with it.

The official ROM cooking might be the good chance.:cool:

shaunz

Dec 8, 2008
imo, battery life for wm6.5 by itje is the best
official rom lasted me around 2 days or less back then

newwave19

Jan 24, 2009
my battery was only lasting about a day until i changed to Touch-IT by itje and the battery is now 3-4 days depending on use.

my battery life is completely pony

This is something that is a big pain for me - my battery doesn't even last a day using itje's roms (haven't tested others yet)

I think HSDPA/3G has a lot to do with battery drain. The stock rom seems to disconnect it when it's not in use, but checking my phone now, it's been connected 11hours (since I last reset it). I could be wrong with this comment tho as I've not run the stock rom in months.

Have had a poke round the registry and can't find anything that might be a timeout...anyone more knowledgeable about this than me care to chime in?

cursor

Sep 21, 2006
This is something that is a big pain for me - my battery doesn't even last a day using itje's roms (haven't tested others yet)

I think HSDPA/3G has a lot to do with battery drain. The stock rom seems to disconnect it when it's not in use, but checking my phone now, it's been connected 11hours (since I last reset it). I could be wrong with this comment tho as I've not run the stock rom in months.

Have had a poke round the registry and can't find anything that might be a timeout...anyone more knowledgeable about this than me care to chime in?

you can setup a timeout with the "advanced config" application and yes, leaving data connection enabled draws more battery than just letting it connect when needed.