[Q] Restoring a hard bricked GS3 and rooting it.

Search This thread

thatoneguy009

Jun 12, 2014
Alright I'll just start from the beginning since this is just a long chain of ****ery

1. Rooted my GS3
  2. Installed TWRP
  3. Installed Carbon-JB-NIGHTLY-20130824-0816-D2VZW which is a 4.3 JB rom.
  4. Attempted to install Revolutionary S5 V3 and KK gapps package at the same time.
  5. Hard bricked my phone.
  6. Used this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2581166&highlight=system+software+not+authorized to get my phone to get to Odin.
  7. When attempting to boot phone outside of Odin it just stated that it was running not supported software (unlocked padlock that says custom)
  8. Went onto Samsung and downloaded a Stock 4.3 rom and flashed that with Odin.
  9. Started phone up and was unable to use terminal emulator (no root) to continue with fixes in above thread.
  10. Attempted to root using saferoot, unsuccessfully (updated kernel can't do it).
  11. Attempted to root using CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300, unsuccessfully.
  12. Attempted to root using Kingo, unsuccessfully.
  13. I do have Samsung Knox :crying:

So now that you're all up to speed to where I'm at, long story short, I need root access on this phone. It has no power button so I lock the screen with a root gesture control app. The back and menu buttons are non functioning so I use a custom UI that adds a back and menu button to the screen. Can ANYONE give me a way to get root back on this frankenstein of a phone? I've never changed a kernel before and I supposed that'd be my next step since I can't saferoot with the kernel I currently have and any thread that explains how I would go about doing it at my current state of ****ery :eek:

All help appreciated!

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Do you really have an i9300? Check the model number under the battery. i9300 does not have knox.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Model: SCH-I535

When I go into application manager and check All I have KLMS Agent and Knox Notification Manager.
You are in the wrong forum and flashing the wrong files for your phone model, hence why you've bricked it and nothing works.

Read the sticky thread on north American models for links to the right forum.

Reactions: RazorMC

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
Nicely arrogant reply, the same attitude that you broke your phone with.

I try not to be mean, but the guy deserved another brick.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Lock/Close this please.

Thanks for directing me to the right place, sorta. I posted it there. That's about all the "help" I'll thank you for.

Thank you for being so nice after the help you received. We apologize for you not being able to read important information prior to messing about with your device.

PS: So sorry we couldn't lick your feet for you, Your Highness. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: boomboomer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Model: SCH-I535

When I go into application manager and check All I have KLMS Agent and Knox Notification Manager.
    You are in the wrong forum and flashing the wrong files for your phone model, hence why you've bricked it and nothing works.

Read the sticky thread on north American models for links to the right forum.

Lock/Close this please.

Thanks for directing me to the right place, sorta. I posted it there. That's about all the "help" I'll thank you for.

I try not to be mean, but the guy deserved another brick.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Lock/Close this please.

Thank you for being so nice after the help you received. We apologize for you not being able to read important information prior to messing about with your device.

PS: So sorry we couldn't lick your feet for you, Your Highness. :laugh: