Emergency Portable Battery

Search This thread

Swiftrider

May 29, 2012
Trivandrum
I got me one of these and I was able to charge it from 0 to 70 two times and there is still a lotta power left....

Hi,

How long have you been using this?

Does it actually provide 4000mAh of charge? I guess you are using HTC one X (from your signature:laugh:). If so, it should charge your phone at least twice.

I almost ordered "iball Portable Power Charger 5000mAh" from ebay india.

www ebay.in/itm/iball-Portable-Power-Charger-1-year-manufacturer-warranty-/150842742829?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item231eed982d

But later got a user who said it stopped working for him, after few months. So i dropped my plan.

If you are satisfied with this product from sony, i will also go for it. How much you bought it for and from where?

aLcHy09

Jun 11, 2012
Wichita
Hi,
How long have you been using this?
Does it actually provide 4000mAh of charge? I guess you are using HTC one X (from your signature:laugh:). If so, it should charge your phone at least twice.
I almost ordered "iball Portable Power Charger 5000mAh" from ebay india.
www ebay.in/itm/iball-Portable-Power-Charger-1-year-manufacturer-warranty-/150842742829?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item231eed982d
But later got a user who said it stopped working for him, after few months. So i dropped my plan.
If you are satisfied with this product from sony, i will also go for it. How much you bought it for and from where?

I am very satisfied with it... Only issue that I felt was the output.... It is 0.5A and not 1 or more and hence when you are charging with this, it is detected as a USB connection and hence the charging is relatively slower than the usual ones... If you are going to get one with a better output then that will be your best bet as the battery will be charged even faster.... The standard charger has a output of 1A so that you get the general idea.... So if it takes 3 hours to charge your phone through the AC adapter, it will take nearly 5+ hours to charge this monster.... I would recommend you try one that will give you better output.... There are some ones discussed in the forums somewhere...

One thing is that these local guys have got the pricing right, but in terms of product quality there are no where near the BIG ONES... And thats one of the main reasons I went with Sony....

Also, I have heard many people telling that the battery (portable one) gets really hot while discharging and hence the lifespan also drastically reduces for it.... The Sony Model ran super cool... Room temp was 25 ish and the battery was never hot... You can say it was slightly warm

COST: INR 2,600.00

That's only 4000 mah and goes for 40€ plus shipping, there are some shown in the posts before wich goes for so much less

Yeah they all have been posted as 7000 mah or 19000 mah or whatever.... But it is the number of times that you are able to charge the device that counts... I am able to charge the HTC One X two times over without any issues.... I have read many posts where people are saying that they bought a 5000mah battery and are able to charge the device only once.... And also brand loyalty and heat issues were also considered.... :silly:

Hit THANKS if I have cleared your doubts... :cyclops:

Piest4r

Jul 28, 2020
Is it true that these portable emergency chargers decrease in efficiency over time? If so what makes it so this?
Ie. Will letting the charger go right down to a low percentage before charging each time prolong its life?

Top Liked Posts