Super Clean DI01 + AOSP APPS [ tweaks ]

Search This thread

DroidX007

Aug 20, 2010
Seattle Wa
First off let me start of by saying all credit to this ROM goes to Jt1134 for all his hard work developing this clean fast Rom for us!!

I have made a few changes by adding a few Fascinate apps back into the system file that I wanted to share with everyone.

Since I'm not very good with ADB or any of the other command programs I used Root Explorer app that can be downloaded from market. " I'm not sure I'm writting this but if something happens to your phone while making these changes I'm not responsible for it!! This is just a norm disclaimer that everyone must put and everyone should know if they mod past the stock ROm you are taking things own your own risk!!

Now on to the process of changes that I made:

Replacing or Keeping apks ( Options ) Clean V0.2 Rom

- Music.apk and MusicService.apk ( Rename file name if adding back Music Player)
Example of rename NexMusic ** You will be renaming these with in Root Explorer

- Clock.apk ( Keep or replace your choice) ** File Name DeskClock

- MMS ( Keep or replace your choice) YOu will only be able to keep one either curren.apkt one that is in ROM or replace with Fascinate MMS

Adding in Fascinate apks ( replace or add)

Attached all the stock deodexed files I have added back into my system running this Rom. ** For all the ease of all this I have used Root Explorer to add all these back in. If you don't have Root Explorer go to get it in the Market. MUST HAVE!! then open Root Explorer go to your SD/Card > File Name where you placed the apks you want to add back into your system files and copy them. > Then back out of your SD Card and go to System/App and paste each file their. ( I recommend you delete the apks that you are replacing before you add the new ones in unless you plan to keep those apks as well)

MusicPlayer.apk and MusicService.apk
** As you remember although their are some pretty cool skins with in the Fascinate MusicPlayer it was not prebuilt with a Widget control for your desktop screen ** However their is a Market app Music Widget that is available for that works with the Fascinate MusicPlayer it works great and has many skins available for you to choose from to customize the look you want. (App is called Pure Muisc Widget)

- ClockPackage.apk ( This can be added in your system or replace the current DeskClock)

- MMS.apk ( Must use current one from ROM or replace with Fascinate one)

- New ** DeskHome ( This is almost like the DeskCradle that came loaded with our stock fascinate rom but all function work except Daily Briefing and Music Player button will not work unless you add back in MusicPlayer

Attachments

• ClockPackage.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
  • com.samsung.tmo.deskhome-test.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • MusicPlayer.apk
    5 MB · Views: 46
  • MusicService.apk
    14.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Mms.apk
    1 MB · Views: 87