Windows Phone 7 unlocker released

Search This thread

imfloflo

Hey guys seems there is some news files to test on your WP7.

Today we have an exciting breakthrough for the Windows Phone 7 homebrew community - the ability for anyone to unlock a WP7 device without a Marketplace developer account.

Unlocking allows the sideloading of experimental applications that would otherwise can’t be published to the Marketplace, such as those which access private or native APIs.

We’ve taken the pain out of the process involved and put together a super simple executable that will allow anyone to unlock any WP7 device on the market using a USB cable and just a couple clicks.

This tool is completely safe and reversible for the phone. (The app even allows you to relock the phone.)

v1.0 download mirrors:

http://walshie.me/ChevronWP7.exe
http://www.multiupload.com/4T7AYFWLSZ
Notes

Minimum supported OS: Windows XP SP2
As this is our first release, you may run into issues. Please explain your issue in the comments below and we’ll try our best to help.

Expect more goodies/tools to be released in the near future.

We look forward to what the broader community can do with this.

- Rafael Rivera, Chris Walsh, Long Zheng

http://www.chevronwp7.com/

you can discuss about it here hope it will help.
Not sure to post here or in general but it will certainly help for futur hacking so.

AceofSpades25

Aug 7, 2009
And so the genie is out the bottle....

Cause for celebration!!! Great work guys!!

Last edited:

Smoothound

Sep 24, 2008
Not working for me

ss20101125161717.png

G

GuestK00306

That was quick! Fantastic news for developers. Just need to get our teeth into some native code and we will start seeing some applications which aren't rss readers!

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
it isn't working you have to ad this .reg

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\ProxyPorts]
"DeviceReg"=dword:000069C5

I am off now :) have to restart the pc :)

kennyken747

Feb 10, 2008
That's exactly how I feel. I'm not going to utilize this to pirate paid apps, just want to use all of the amazing stuff people at xda-devs and other sites are going to put out now

All we need is a Cydia-like marketplace

cseven

Aug 1, 2010
Now I can't try this because my phone is already unlocked using the Microsoft way, but I'm simply curios - does debugging using Visual Studio work as well? It should, shouldn't it?

mwako

Nov 21, 2010
www.haydoncs.co.uk
I just managed to make/load an app that moos when you turn the phone upside down XD in 3 min.

Roll over android, Think WP7 is going be any C# developers wet dream to work on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Balanced view

I'm not sure that's fair since it JUST came out. But I do own the HTC Surround and while the OS is smooth and the interface is kinda slick, I went back to my Nexus One running CyanogenMod and couldn't be happier. WP7 is currently an unfinished OS that they rushed to market to try to capture some holiday sales. Up until me actually getting my WP7 device, I was one of Microsoft's biggest WinMo fanboys. But now that I have it. EEESH.... what were they thinking to release THAT mess?!?

Hi McHale

I wanted to respond for the sake of anybody reading this who is trying to make their mind up whether to buy a WP7 device.

I agree that the platform needs development and we're beginning to see that with developer devices getting Copy/Past functionality. However, to describe WP7 as a "mess" is somewhat misleading, even if just from a language point of view.

For me WM 6.5 always remained something of a "mess" because you never quite knew what you were going to get. The first time I decided to flash a cooked ROM on my old HTC Touch Pro2 was when I turned it on one morning and got a message on the screen something like:

"Because data on your device has become corrupted, the device will now be Hard Reset".

For an OS that was over ten years old, that is a mess!

WP7 does lack a lot of features, particularly from an IT professional's point of view, but my experience so far is that what it does do, it does well and doesn't give you problems along the way.

I don't think it's "way better than Android" or anything like that, but before anybody decides against it, I think they should at least test a real device so that they can see what it's like and what it can do. For me the most positive points are:

Very good integration with Windows Live email, calendar and contacts services
    Very good integration with Facebook
    Simple SMS application
    Easy to use home screen that presents information well
    Good Music Player

These comments are not meant to be in comparison with any other mobile OS.

Cheers

andrew-in-woking
    Errmmm,excuse me for maybe asking something very daft and stupid here but...

Update 2: We have discontinued the unlocking tool.

That's from the ChevronWP7 link on the first page of this thread... so, anyone know what the deal is as to why they've removed it at all?

By the way... has anyone tried the ChevronWP7 custom ringtone manager at all? :)

they removed it at the request of microsoft asking them to... its a deal where microsoft agreed to open discussion with them on the state of the "homebrew" or jailbroken phones and how to not make it a pirating device but make it home customizable... at least thats the short of it...

as for the ringtone mgr... works great.... made me happy...now when my mom calls, "stalkin your mom" plays like it did on my wm6...... phones...:)

hope this clears up the picture some