ok this time theirs no excuse!! for no kitkat

Search This thread

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
well the only excuse for kit kat is no developers here
but we may get the 4.4 soon as no body at all is going to get xperia play and port 3.4 kernel to it like what he did for all other 2011 devices :victory:

bonapartist

Jun 20, 2013
Tons of us still use this phone daily and rabidly wait for updates...

Any devs reading this, your work is still appreciated.

I too have many negative feelings toward Sony for their having abandoned the Xperia Play. It was basically a range-topping flag ship of a phone and they just turned their back on it. I haven't personally given Sony a dollar since I bought a PS3 for the Blueray player waaay back when. Got my XPs second hand.

WhiteWashed

Jan 26, 2014
Vivaro
Sony will never upgrade the Xplay to ICS, JB or KitKat simply because the Xplay is a gaming device and newer versions of Android are too "heavy" to keep the same gaming performance as in GB, but the Xplay's hardware can actually run ICS and JB.
And personally I'm agreed with them, if someone wants ICS or JB in his Xplay just use a custom ROM but gaming will never be the same as in GB, guaranteed.
Try playing games like GTA III on a GB ROM and then on a ICS ROM, you'll notice MUCH difference (ICS will lag a lot).
Since the Xplay is a gaming device, there's no point on upgrading it to newer versions of Android if gaming performance will be compromised, that's it.
Anyway I really appreciate dev's work on the Xplay and I'm glad to see that this phone isn't dead yet.

P.S. sorry for my bad english, hope you understand :(

Last edited:
Reactions: denisfgn

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
i for a fact know that anything above GB will kill gaming, just look at native ps1 support for ICS. but im the type of person who loves to push my electronics to the limit, laptops, consoles and phones. i dont plan to keep the Kitkat i just want to say "i was there" and to never under estimate a phone because of its specs. and perhaps theirs some people that for whatever reason dont game on the xperia play. just my 2 cents but me sitting here complaining about not having kitkat is not speeding up production lol. i wish i knew more about linux and how to compile form source.

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
yes we have no more excuse this time
achotjan has xperia play too so we can see a working xperia overlay 4.4.2 too :victory:
also 4.4 roms are going to come to our play too :victory: (well there are many 4.4 roms that they are waiting for me to port them :D )

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
yes we have no more excuse this time
achotjan has xperia play too so we can see a working xperia overlay 4.4.2 too :victory:
also 4.4 roms are going to come to our play too :victory: (well there are many 4.4 roms that they are waiting for me to port them :D )

I hope so coz my xperia play is feeling outdated :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sony will never upgrade the Xplay to ICS, JB or KitKat simply because the Xplay is a gaming device and newer versions of Android are too "heavy" to keep the same gaming performance as in GB, but the Xplay's hardware can actually run ICS and JB.
    And personally I'm agreed with them, if someone wants ICS or JB in his Xplay just use a custom ROM but gaming will never be the same as in GB, guaranteed.
    Try playing games like GTA III on a GB ROM and then on a ICS ROM, you'll notice MUCH difference (ICS will lag a lot).
    Since the Xplay is a gaming device, there's no point on upgrading it to newer versions of Android if gaming performance will be compromised, that's it.
    Anyway I really appreciate dev's work on the Xplay and I'm glad to see that this phone isn't dead yet.

P.S. sorry for my bad english, hope you understand :(
    @xdarkmario @pedyvirus @WhiteWashed @bonapartist @mehdi.moha

Guys.. for sure.. nw we hav a working touchscreen in 3.4 Kernel.. thanks to nobodyAtAll .. so we would be getting a Kit Kat Rom.. no more excuses this time :p