Gprs and Gps Questions

Search This thread

Growltiger

Nov 5, 2007
i guess that would make sense since it started up on dutty's hybrid rom.

i'll check for an update, but i think i have the latest version.

I also can't get GPS to work with TomTom or Google Maps using Dutty's latest ROM. If I flash using Sleuth's 3.0 rom GPS works fine and gets a fix in about 20 or 30 seconds.

Is this a radio issue of a ROM issue? I'm going to try upgrading the radio to 1.64.08.21 and see if that works. I'll post and let you know....

AndyNJ

Oct 8, 2007
So just to confirm your setup, you've got TomTom on the latest Dutty WM6.1 ROM?

Looks like I might have to just toss Garmin and go with TomTom...which I really wasn't a fan of in the past.

suntzu

Feb 15, 2007
While we're in the same vein, I also have a problem similar to this...

Every time I try to run a GPS program (TomTom/GPSTest,etc.) and the GPS initializes, for some reason it first attempts to connect to the internet and fails. It does this about twice, fails, and I dismiss it every time.

The GPS then starts and does work without a problem (after I dismiss the failing to connect to the internet thing), so its really an annoyance more than anything.

There is obviously a lag in GPS connection with the initial disabling thing, but the lock is pretty quick after that...

This has happened to me w/ Dutty's Apr1, Apr16 & Apr 29th ROMS. It wasn't really a problem initially, but just happened one day for no apparent reason...

I do all the usual hard resets, etc., etc. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas out there, so they can save me a few extra finger movements... :D

EDIT: Scratch that.. It all seems to work now! Didn't do a thing.. :) As they say, if it ain't broke...

Last edited: