[Q] Soft Bricked HTC One X att with download mode only

Search This thread

purelight97

Apr 24, 2014
Hello everyone I'm new to modding htc. I bought a htc one x that can only enter download mode. Can someone help me to fix it.

P.S Yes the bootloader is unlocked

purelight97

Apr 24, 2014
How do you know the bootloader is unlocked if the device is bricked? What do you mean by download mode? You're gonna need to provide more information than that.

Sent from my Evita

Its soft bricked, download mode is entered when you press volume down and the power button. It doesn't have a recovery.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
There's no such thing as a soft brick, a phone is either bricked or it isn't, so if your phone powers on at all it isn't bricked. You've got your terminology mixed up a bit, the screen you enter with the volume down + power button combo is called the bootloader screen. What details are listen in that screen? Is there a custom recovery installed, and if so, what version?

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Further to what I've just posted, you'd do really well to read my Evita FAQ thread and my How-To Guide For Beginners thread, both links are in my signature. They contain some essential information.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

For now though if you just give me the information I asked for I can get you sorted out.

Sent from my Evita

purelight97

Apr 24, 2014
There's no such thing as a soft brick, a phone is either bricked or it isn't, so if your phone powers on at all it isn't bricked. You've got your terminology mixed up a bit, the screen you enter with the volume down + power button combo is called the bootloader screen. What details are listen in that screen? Is there a custom recovery installed, and if so, what version?

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Further to what I've just posted, you'd do really well to read my Evita FAQ thread and my How-To Guide For Beginners thread, both links are in my signature. They contain some essential information.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

For now though if you just give me the information I asked for I can get you sorted out.

Sent from my Evita
Just type soft brick into a search engine please. Also I attached pictures showing all the phone displays while on the bootloader screen.

Last edited:

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Just type soft brick into a search engine please. Also I attached pictures showing all the phone displays while on the bootloader screen.

First, get rid of those pictures. Your imei is there.

next, that isn't a brick. You can turn it on and go to boot loader.

And finally, go to Timmaaa's help thread. All your info that you need is there man

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Reactions: raisage

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

I'm aware that people use the term soft brick, I'm saying that the use of that term is incorrect. A brick is a brick, it isn't subject to gradation, if a phone is bricked it will not power on at all. Your situation isn't close to being bricked, you just don't have an OS installed. You probably just need to install a recovery and then a ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:

purelight97

Apr 24, 2014
I'm aware that people use the term soft brick, I'm saying that the use of that term is incorrect. A brick is a brick, it isn't subject to gradation, if a phone is bricked it will not power on at all. Your situation isn't close to being bricked, you just don't have an OS installed. You probably just need to install a recovery and then a ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Thanks for that. Sorry if I came off as rude ,by the way.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Its soft bricked, download mode is entered when you press volume down and the power button.

Qualcomm download mode is vol up and power. And I don't ever recommend doing it.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Just type soft brick into a search engine please.

Just because folks use the term, doesn't mean its correct.

For this device, if the screen comes on, it can be recovered.

A brick is a phone that can't be recovered without opening it (replacing motherboard, JTAG, etc.).

Folks like to say "soft brick", but all they really mean is "I did something wrong to my phone, and now I don't know how to make it boot up normally".

purelight97

Apr 24, 2014
Qualcomm download mode is vol up and power. And I don't ever recommend doing it.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

A brick is a phone that can't be recovered without opening it (replacing motherboard, JTAG, etc.).

Folks like to say "soft brick", but all they really mean is "I did something wrong to my phone, and now I don't know how to make it boot up normally".
Turns out the phone currently is s-on can someone help me achieve s-off?

purelight97

Apr 24, 2014

Turns out the phone currently is s-on can someone help me achieve s-off o flash clockworkmod mod or how to flash a recovery without s-off?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its soft bricked, download mode is entered when you press volume down and the power button.

Just type soft brick into a search engine please.

First, get rid of those pictures. Your imei is there.

next, that isn't a brick. You can turn it on and go to boot loader.

And finally, go to Timmaaa's help thread. All your info that you need is there man

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
    Turns out the phone currently is s-on can someone help me achieve s-off o flash clockworkmod mod or how to flash a recovery without s-off?

You don't need s-off to flash recovery. See timmaaa's beginner guide for instructions on how to flash recovery, sticky at the top of the General forum.

There's your problem, no drivers exist for that version of Windows. It's been pretty widely discussed. You'll need to downgrade your Windows version or get access to another PC.

Sent from my Evita