Gorilla Gadgets 3400 Mah Extended Battery (with a stockish cover!)

Which back cover do you like / tolerate other than factory? ?

• Seidio

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Ebay Special

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Gorilla gadgets

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Never! Factory all the way baby!!

Votes: 29 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Febby

May 19, 2010

Linophryne

Aug 21, 2011
Kitchener
I.wouldn't buy none of those Hong Kong ****s... Look for the beast battery I believe..

I am starting to think they are all the same, just different stickers. I can bet if someone does a sticker pull on Beast, Gorrilla, ebay, i bought this one more for the case than for the battery. If i really want good battery life i will just stick 2 stock batteries together and parallel the leads together.

beyond882001

Sep 20, 2007
Lawrence
NOT GONNA LIE AWESOMEEE!!!!

On a serious note, people buy this battery. It does not extend your phone so that it is uncomfortable, but rather makes it sit in your hand as you would naturally hold it. I have gone through many batteries and found that this is legit.( I bought Anker batteries and the red white yellow ones from eBay) I tried to put the BEAST battery through games and apps and it still wouldn't die. I turned on 4g for about 2 hrs, (signal for like 30 min lol), and had WiFi on for most of the day. I was not trying to save battery, I was trying to kill the *****. Played about 20 min (each) of Jelly Defense. Sentinel 3, escape the room, Death worm etc... Long story short, it is 947 and my battery is still at 24%. When this dies I will let you guys know!!

P.S. I am going back and forth with the amazon seller because I did not have the option to pick the battery door color when it shiipped. He emailed me back and said I chose the white one as he has two pages on his store. I looked through the store and there is only one listing.

The cover is the HTC silicone skin.

Attachments

• 2011-10-11_09-30-02.jpg
    2011-10-11_09-30-02.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20111011_090029.jpg
    IMG_20111011_090029.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Reactions: makavelisk

makavelisk

Mar 31, 2011
I concur with the review above! I have both the gorilla battery and the beast now and I am loving both but the beast seems to be holding up better. I have been using it on the charge it came with from the seller at 61% from 12:30pm and now at 830 its only down to 47%. Both batteries are great but for the price and the awesome back cover that fits like a glove I would definitely go with the beast!

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Nutzy

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
well a lot has happened since I originally made this post. The original thinner battery has partially failed and will now no longer charge over 50 percent. Im using the fatter uglier replacement. Next Im gonna check out the Beast.

demo27vol1

NOT GONNA LIE AWESOMEEE!!!!

On a serious note, people buy this battery. It does not extend your phone so that it is uncomfortable, but rather makes it sit in your hand as you would naturally hold it. I have gone through many batteries and found that this is legit.( I bought Anker batteries and the red white yellow ones from eBay) I tried to put the BEAST battery through games and apps and it still wouldn't die. I turned on 4g for about 2 hrs, (signal for like 30 min lol), and had WiFi on for most of the day. I was not trying to save battery, I was trying to kill the *****. Played about 20 min (each) of Jelly Defense. Sentinel 3, escape the room, Death worm etc... Long story short, it is 947 and my battery is still at 24%. When this dies I will let you guys know!!

P.S. I am going back and forth with the amazon seller because I did not have the option to pick the battery door color when it shiipped. He emailed me back and said I chose the white one as he has two pages on his store. I looked through the store and there is only one listing.

The cover is the HTC silicone skin.

That looks awesome. Do you mind if you share details on how you made the cuts haha? I'm planning on buying a cheap Chinese Silicone case and doing the same.

Nutzy

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
After a few months with the replacement gorilla battery (larger size, same capacity) I ordered "the beast" from Amazon and its identical to the original gorilla gadget featured in the beginning of this thread. Unfortunately it is suffering from the same thing that the first gorilla gadget battery did with the cover cracking around the power button. Back on goes the modified tpu case.....smh

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1006947j.jpg

1006945b.jpg

1006943z.jpg

1006942l.jpg

1006941i.jpg

There ya guys go :D Its an okay back cover, nothing wrong with it, just not nearly as nice as OEM, but what can ya do : /

EDIT:

shoot : / let me crop lmao.
    Here are some pics
    4b446a9a-b72d-e644.jpg
    4b446a9a-b756-65e6.jpg
    4b446a9a-b771-2210.jpg
    4b446a9a-b77e-52f8.jpg
    4b446a9a-b78a-6d99.jpg
    4b446a9a-b854-4de8.jpg
    Free Dirk? I... Love.. It. The storm has left me temporarily homeless, so pics will take a few days while we rebuild.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that bro! Wish I lived closer so I could come lend a hand

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune buddy ):
    I just rrcieved my gg battery today, the cover is much cheaper and isn't quite as flush.. though I am surprised how well the buttons feel, they're better than both of my stock covers. I will reply layer today with battery life. But keep in mind I use my phone a lot
    Edit: I will also take some pictures In a few
    EVO 3d not 3vo
    Has anybody tried the Beast Mobile 3500 mAh extended battery? It looks Smexy in white :D. It looks a lot like the GG and Expansy extended battery. Being the cheap person that I am, I'm thinking of just getting the Expansy battery :(.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-EVO-3D-...Accessories&hash=item19c8f2182b#ht_580wt_1413