Discussion/Request/Reviews on SP Stock Firmware

Search This thread

solimavera

May 22, 2014
What is the last version build number of android 4.3 for build C5303?middle east and T-mobile Usa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Message from Moderator: As the thread title says, Post in this thread If you have any feedback, request and discussion on Stock FTF Firmware Updates by Sony.
    In this THREAD you will find links to the FTF's uploaded by all the users.
    So the Rule is simple, discuss or request here and post the Download Link in the above linked thread If you have any FTF to share..

So after i installed 12.1.A.1.205 and tested it i have noticed the following...

PROS

FLICKERING SCREEN PROBLEM FINALLY FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bravia engine fixed
    Memory management problems are fixed
    Smooth UI and good touch response
    Perfect gaming (tested asphalt 8 and real racing 3 not even a spike)
    Better and more stable wi-fi
    Overheating fixed
    Battery drain fixed
    LED does not stay on while we're on call
    Antutu score 23000++++
    Thats the true performance SP deserves :smileysmileywink:
    CONS

Install-Uninstall bar not fixed
    Some voip apps like Viber are not working (on 4.1.2 was working)

Big thanks to developers for great FW... thats the perfect and usable 4.3 for me :laugh:
    Hi all!
    I have question for all of you-Is 200mb ram normal in 4.3?
    What is better for you 4.1.2 or 4.3

I barely remember my experience in 4.1.2 as I don't inspect the RAM very well at the time. It also happens that I only able to use 4.1.2 for a really short time (I bought the SP quite late) and the glorious but bad 4.3 has arrived! 4.3 is known to its RAM management problem. So, 200MB to 78MB Available RAM is normal yet sad for the 4.3. If you still want to use stock 4.3, you may need to tweak your ROM so it will manage its RAM more efficiently. I am however, have no experience in this, but I do notice some people that are happy with their stock ROM and claimed to have its RAM steadily at 300MB to 400MB. :)
    I am now using CM11, I go back to stock rom of SP.

My phone has a unlocked Boot-loader, root access and kernal (3.4.0-pref-g9a1a169 build01@cyanogenmod #1)

I am planing to do a fresh install with everything like how it was in stock. including unlocked boot-loader.

Can anyone please tell me the detailed steps on how to do so.

Get Flashtool and a 4.3 ftf. In my signature you'll find .205 SG ROM for C5303. Afterwards, install appropriate drivers. I highly suggest to run the executable in the installation dir. Navigate to "drivers" folder in Flashtool install dir (default C:\Flashtool\drivers) and run the installer there in.
    1. After Flashtool being installed, navigate to the install dir (default C:\Flashtool)
    2. Copy/move your recent downloaded ftf into the "firmwares" folder (default C:\Flashtool\firmwares)
    3. Open Flashtool as an administrator
    4. Shut your phone down beforehand
    5. On flashtool, click the lightning icon
    6. Choose flashmode
    7. Choose your desired firmware in the main box.
    8. Since you're seemed to start fresh, leave the "Wipe" section alone. This will wipe APPSLOG, CACHE, and DATA. Don't touch other as well, unless you have different intention.
    9. Click "Flash" button. This will summon a window requesting you to connect your phone.
    10. Prepare your USB cable. Connect the USB to your computer. While holding the volume down on the phone, connect the other end of the cable to your phone
    11. This will make your phone and computer connected to each other in "flash mode"
    12. Flashing process will initiate. Wait until it completes. Please be careful to not disconnect your phone throughout the process!
    13. After flash complete, your phone will restart.
    14. Have fun!
    Every new FW I see this :) But in real life it's crapper than old HTC One X.

Well as I see the phone now is optimized as I couldn't expect it to be...
    In fact its smoother and better on everything you do.

I didn't expect such good performance from an update
    Thanks for helping me clear things up on my mind, but I have another little question: Shall I worry about my display's pixels dying faster because of that much white existing in the whole honami ui or I'm just a fool?

Actually, it never came to my mind that pixel could die because of white colour, but I don't think this is possible ;)