[Q] Really Weird Antenna Problem?

Search This thread

Flipnotic

Aug 15, 2010
I have a Bell Galaxy S3 I9300M, running a combination of CM11 + KT747 kernel, and I've run into a pretty weird problem as of recently..

While my phone picks up pretty decent signal, usually about 4-5 bars, I can't do outgoing/incoming calls, or use data (3g, or 4g) at all. I'll get the odd time throughout the day where it'll work for about 5-10 minutes, but then disconnect completely, all while holding 4-5 bars of reception.

The Wifi seems to always work without any problems.

I've checked my APN settings, and their all good. I've tried flashing to older versions of CM, and newer, tried different kernels, did a full wipe, but nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

TL;DR: Near full signal, but still no data/texts/phone calls. What do.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
First, to be clear, what model is your device? Im assuming I747M, but theres no i9300M that ive ever heard of.
If it is an i9300 or variant of that, you should probably be posting in its forums. (The i9300 is a very different device than the Qualcomm model S3's)

Have you checked your baseband and IMEI in Settings? Make sure the IMEI matches the sticker under the battery, EXACTLY. If it does, also check to make sure its not blacklisted.

Flipnotic

Aug 15, 2010
First, to be clear, what model is your device? Im assuming I747M, but theres no i9300M that ive ever heard of.
If it is an i9300 or variant of that, you should probably be posting in its forums. (The i9300 is a very different device than the Qualcomm model S3's)

Have you checked your baseband and IMEI in Settings? Make sure the IMEI matches the sticker under the battery, EXACTLY. If it does, also check to make sure its not blacklisted.

Yeah, that would be the I747M, under Bell.

Double checked my IMEI. It matches, and it's not blacklisted.