[Q] Data is ridiculously slow and I don't have signal in places I used to
So the current problem on my phone is that there my data is super slow and non-existent in places where it has been completely fine before. My phone will show full bars, blue, and with 3g/H+ but I won't be able to even send a facebook message or refresh my email. I am still able to send texts and make calls, although the person on the other end is not able to hear me well even though I can hear them clearly. This is the best state my phone has been in after a series of issues over the last few days. I'll list them because it seems all connected:
- A few days ago I was at a hospital. I stepped outside to call someone and they could barely hear me. My signal cut out for a good 30 minutes after and showed an empty triangle for signal
- The next day my signal was fine but I went to school and the signal shut down again with an empty triangle showing. It was out for several hours. I did a complete wipe and factory reset after being on CM 9.1 for a few weeks. Also had a modem flashed because when I installed CM9.1 people could not hear me when I called
- tried to fix it using GSII repair and the EFS professional tool after looking through the forum with no luck.
- Went to the At&t store and got a new sim card, no luck. Went to the warranty store and they did a complete wipe and got it to ICS and still wasnt working.
- Installed roms left and right with no luck until I installed shostock3. the signal bars were grey and switching back and forth between H+/3g but I was not able to use data, call, or send texts. After a restart or two the bars became blue and the calls and texts were working. The data however was spotty
- I flashed AOKP with android 4.1.2 because for some reason the signal would only work with roms of that version android. Also running it with the siyah kernel
- The signal cut out again with an unfilled triangle symbol when going into my work building even though it showed a few bars for a little. However when going outside the signal would come back with blue bars after a few minutes
- tried installing various modems but for some reason only UCLL6, UCMD8, and UCKH7 work. The others that I tried (UCKJ4, UCPLC5, etc) cause the signal to go back to 0 with an empty triangle
- wifi has worked without a problem throughout this process
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!