|Preview-1| 12-01-11| ICS for EVO 4g |Source build| |FULL TouchScreen|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheSocalGuy79

Feb 9, 2011
Orange County, California
If you can't suggest really help, don't suggest things that you have no real idea of feasibility for execution. (I'm not an engineer, but you can just put that truck engine in this motorcycle right?)

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA App

Wow that was a little uncalled for. A simple question was asked. A simple yes or no answer would have done. Making the person feel bad for asking makes people who want to learn scared to ask a question.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Wow that was a little uncalled for. A simple question was asked. A simple yes or no answer would have done. Making the person feel bad for asking makes people who want to learn scared to ask a question.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
[off-topic]
I apologize in advance for this, but this response made me think of one of my most favorite quotes ever from the movie Billy Madison:

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.
[/off-topic]

In on-topic news, I've tried this, and surprisingly for an alpha, almost everything that should be working is. For some reason, I can't pair to my home BT phone, but my old faithful Moto HS850 pairs fine. Even stereo BT works, which is impressive for this being in the early stages. Once hardware acceleration and camera are working, this ROM will be the new "big thing". I think everyone is eager to try the facial recognition (I know I am!). Keep up the good work, team!

Greubin

Sep 19, 2010
I installed alpha5, I get a no stop pop-up error NFC device has stopped. Is there anyway to remove this annoying error ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yamaford

Apr 13, 2010
I know I will probably get flamed for this, because I am not a dev and really ahave no clue what I am doing. With that said I started poking around and found that there is a line in the build.prop file in the /system folder that has hardware acceleration disabled. I commented it out and phone seems a tad snappier. Im surre someone will tell me how irresponsible or stupid I am, but Im just sharing. Sorry if someone does not think this is the right thing for someone with no experience to do.

I don't know the answer but I thought it was worthy of not getting lost 3 pages back. Sounds important though.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

blizzard1017

Jul 2, 2007
Texas
Well the hd2 now had HA so I feel good about the EVO coming along quickly. Our devs are on point.

taadow1030

I know I will probably get flamed for this, because I am not a dev and really ahave no clue what I am doing. With that said I started poking around and found that there is a line in the build.prop file in the /system folder that has hardware acceleration disabled. I commented it out and phone seems a tad snappier. Im surre someone will tell me how irresponsible or stupid I am, but Im just sharing. Sorry if someone does not think this is the right thing for someone with no experience to do.

We are all learning in one way or another. Keep sharing...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Well the hd2 now had HA so I feel good about the EVO coming along quickly. Our devs are on point.

Did the HD2 devs accomplish this by un-commenting a line in build.prop or was it more involved than that (I'm assuming the latter)?

I just really want to amplify the remarks about encouraging constructive, on-topic contributions even from people who aren't ninja developers.

Yes, many of them will be completely useless, and a real dev will be able to manage his (or her) time well enough to ignore them and move on. But every once in awhile someone is going to stumble across something useful, even obvious, and save "us" (I'm not a dev, but "we" all benefit from their work) weeks of banging "our" heads against the wall.

If vigilante moderators are needed, it's when off-topic flame wars break out. That really does waste everyone's time worth no hope of moving the project forward.

blizzard1017

Jul 2, 2007
Texas
Did the HD2 devs accomplish this by un-commenting a line in build.prop or was it more involved than that (I'm assuming the latter)?

I just really want to amplify the remarks about encouraging constructive, on-topic contributions even from people who aren't ninja developers.

Yes, many of them will be completely useless, and a real dev will be able to manage his (or her) time well enough to ignore them and move on. But every once in awhile someone is going to stumble across something useful, even obvious, and save "us" (I'm not a dev, but "we" all benefit from their work) weeks of banging "our" heads against the wall.

If vigilante moderators are needed, it's when off-topic flame wars break out. That really does waste everyone's time worth no hope of moving the project forward.

I have no idea how they did it, I actually saw the post when I logged on the xda app. It's posted in the HD2 nand section though. when I get off work I'll probably go back through it. I'm no dev either but I thirst for this type of knowledge. 8 months ago I panic when I was trying to root lol and now I feel somewhat comfortable doing mini theming task and tinkering with apk xml's in notes++. I tried the kitchen a few times but I am nowhere on that level yet, still soaking in the knowledge these devs lay out.

Lacedaemon

Aug 29, 2011
Los Angeles
acert0sh.weebly.com
Alternate Way to Dual-Boot

Kinda off topic, but is there any other way to dual-boot ROMs besides Boot Manager? I appreciate the dev's effort and time but I really don't want to pay $3 for an app that I may as well delete in the future, and it takes waaay too long to keep restoring backups back and forth. :(

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Kinda off topic, but is there any other way to dual-boot ROMs besides Boot Manager? I appreciate the dev's effort and time but I really don't want to pay $3 for an app that I may as well delete in the future, and it takes waaay too long to keep restoring backups back and forth. :(

Nope, you have boot manager, or doing it the old fashioned way of backup and restore.

criccio

May 23, 2010
You could run Gapp from OP's link on 1st page, and that should have no NFC.

The "recommended" GAPPs has the nfc features in it... why? I removed what i could find and rezipped and flashed it but the same NFC error kept popping up. I don't understand how it got recommended with with such a glaring issue. The second GAPPs listed is only 6MB vs the first ones 60MB so.... :confused:

Reactions: Nick N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION: Thread is for development use, not random conversations about Ramen Noodles and such. If you are fascinated with this kind of conversation then open a thread in General and follow the XDA rules about thread usage. Also, once this hits Beta, there will be a more accurate list of what is and isn't working. From there we will also start a bug tracker. This is released for your testing pleasures as work on it continues. Enjoy the taste of Ice Cream Sandwich!

-Development is now based on ICS source code branch 4.0.1_r1.

-Still a WIP, Please do not post what is not working, that stuff is obvious to us.

HUGE Thanks to PreludeDrew

WHATS WORKING:
    -WiFi
    -Bluetooth
    -Audio
    -Carrier Service
    -Touchscreen
    -Data Usage Stats
    -GPS

Additional Thanks:
    -mijjah1974
    -jaredthegreat
    -barnacles10 (fosh)
    -lmoore

THINGS IN THREAD PEOPLE HAVE POSTED THAT MAY HELP (just linking)
    - unvisible tweaks
    - Gapps A - [recommended]
    - Gapps B
    (let me know which one works better)
    Changelog:

-PLEASE DON'T POST MIRRORS without permission, I'm on almost 24/7 and can fix things rather quickly, or you can understand that these things happen and wait a few.

Download Links (Previously A6, reverted to preview stage as this is not yet Alpha worthy)
    Please be patient, we are doing our best to bring you the best we can :D
    Ladies and gents, hi!

I'm a visitor from the HTC Desire forums. We have some basic identical hardware to you, same snapdragon 1GHz + Adreno 200 graphics, same RAM etc. Some big differences, GSM HSPA rather than Wimax.

We got a pretty functional build of ICS from source going. Basic functionality is there but we're missing some biggies: like Camera, Sensors, HW accelration . Making great progress. It may even be the case that HW Acceleration could be unlocked soon since the ZTE Blade guys might have cracked it (we have the same graphics chip).

You can find our work here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1355660 . You might find it helpful in improving your ROM. We could also use some extra skills in the quest to get this running perfectly.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Just to make clear, I'm a tester, not a dev but we have some very good guys working away in IRC right now.
    Thread cleaned

Hello all,
    Thread has been cleaned do to misconduct and off topic comments. This is a community for development to all ages please refrain from vulgar language. Let's stay on topic and create greatness together, thank you.
    I think that we (the non-devs) should let them (the devs) have this thread without clutter.

Can we keep non-dev chatter out of this one?

@plat

Thanks for taking the initiative! I appreciate the work you've done.

Thanks everyone

~ I'm a fungi