[ROM][IML74K] ICZen rc1.4 - Royale with Cheese - 3-24-12 [Deficient Development]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
What!!!!!.......DLN

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

DL'd but it still says #17

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

Nvm flashed the goodness, files don't deferentially change too much :D

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Off the bat I notice a difference Mp.Did you revert...

Editorial... keep this....boo-yah!

Last edited:

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
Has anyone tried booting into recovery with new kernel? It wouldn't let me go to recovery even with adb. Just stays stuck on vibrant logo. If i reboot it, it boots fine but gets stuck when trying to go recovery. Might be a bad flash on my end but thought i might ask.

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
Grrr i must have done something wrong. Making me cross, this! Kernel version shows fine, phone is working okay..wonder what could it be.

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
What!!!!!.......DLN

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

DL'd but it still says #17

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

Nvm flashed the goodness, files don't deferentially change too much :D

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Off the bat I notice a difference Mp.Did you revert...

Editorial... keep this....boo-yah!

Come again? I can't figure out what you're saying. lol

I did not rebuild anything. I just swapped the liblights for the BLN one. Same kernel, same recovery, different lights.aries.so file.

Has anyone tried booting into recovery with new kernel? It wouldn't let me go to recovery even with adb. Just stays stuck on vibrant logo. If i reboot it, it boots fine but gets stuck when trying to go recovery. Might be a bad flash on my end but thought i might ask.

Yes. I've gone into Recovery many times, and it's worked every time. Just did it, in fact.

If you need to, you can flash "boot.img" with Heimdall from Download mode. Point Heimdall to your .pit file, then select "kernel" and "recovery" and point both to a valid boot.img file. That will get you back to a working recovery (and kernel).

MP

Reactions: Alex9090

yosup

Dec 9, 2011
I'm having the same issue ... ie. having flashed the previous build #17 (BFS_LED) kernel and now trying to get to recovery to flash the updated kernel.

If you need to, you can flash "boot.img" with Heimdall from Download mode. Point Heimdall to your .pit file, then select "kernel" and "recovery" and point both to a valid boot.img file. That will get you back to a working recovery (and kernel).
Is Heimdall the only method? Or is there a way to do this via Odin?

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
Come again? I can't figure out what you're saying. lol

I did not rebuild anything. I just swapped the liblights for the BLN one. Same kernel, same recovery, different lights.aries.so file.

Yes. I've gone into Recovery many times, and it's worked every time. Just did it, in fact.

MP

Lol I thought it was a new release. Sorry my bad.I just like to experiment with new kernels

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
Lol .You're ok .I don't figure why..just re-dl
Im not having any problems with mps latest

Unfortunately for him, without Recovery, only Odin and Heimdall are options to recover.

Luckily, Heimdall 1.3 works fantastic. I've done it many times. Saved me from having to go all the way back to JFD Eclair. lol

Heimdall -> Flash boot.img -> Reboot to Recovery -> Flash Rom -> Back to good

MP

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
I'm having the same issue ... ie. having flashed the previous build #17 (BFS_LED) kernel and now trying to get to recovery to flash the updated kernel.

Here's a Odin package I just made. Unfortunately, I use Linux, and don't have Windows or Odin, so I have not tested this package. However, I packaged it like other Odin kernels including MD5 checksums.

This is basically just the same kernel/recovery. Maybe it'll flash better via Odin.

Download: Pulled until I can rebuild CWM Recovery.

MP

Last edited:
Reactions: yosup and Alex9090

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
Okay, Tried boot.img from new kernel, it said successful but no recovery. Re-downloaded kernel, tried boot.img but still no recovery. Tried boot.img from build 5 and i have recovery now...

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House

Okay, Tried boot.img from new kernel, it said successful but no recovery. Re-downloaded kernel, tried boot.img but still no recovery. Tried boot.img from build 5 and i have recovery now...

Strange. I'll have to rebuild it, then. Thanks for catching this.

MP

explodingboy70

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
FIOPS is still very new, and and relatively untested. There isn't a lot of info on it out there, and it's not fully developed, even. FIOPS is targeting SSDs, so one would think that it'll be better for cellphones and tablets.

I've seen some talk here and there about FIOPS being a little problematic/unstable at times. I guess it's all about preference. Honestly, when I tried FIOPS, I couldn't tell the difference between it and some of the other schedulers.

I might put FIOPS in on the next build or wait for the next version of FIOPS patches to be released, but I haven't decided, yet.

MP

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Yes. Use NSTools for controlling the BLN. I would probably have to include a different liblights file in the .zip to get BLN Control app to work, and even then, I'm not sure if it would.

Also, I'm not sure if blinking is working. The option is there in NSTools, but I have yet to see it blink.

Touch Recovery would be awesome, but I'm not qualified to engineer that for the Galaxy S. So, we'll just have to wait for Koush to get it going. Even Touch Recovery is plain right now. lol

MP

Blink is on with mms/SMS. Solid for emails.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Reactions: Br1cK'd

gdpaull

Jan 23, 2011
I lost recovery as well...could you walk me through the steps you did to revive it? Can this be done without Odin or is that what you used?

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
I guess I got lucky, recovery is working fine on my device with the new kernel.

For those having issues, were you running a different kernel, Icy Glitch or something before flashing subZero build17?

schwick

Aug 16, 2011
Meycauayan

For those having issues, were you running a different kernel, Icy Glitch or something before flashing subZero build17?

I also lost my recovery, I was using the stock kernel that came with RC 1.3.

EDIT: I always run the kernel script cleaner before flashing a new kernel.

Last edited:

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
I also lost my recovery, I was using the stock kernel that came with RC 1.3.

This is a weird issue. I flashed build17 from the build5 kernel that's bundled, and I can get to recovery, have tried multiple times. Power menu, adb, and the two button method are all working for me.

I'm sure MP will have it rebuilt as soon as he is able to. Y'all will probably have extract the boot.img from the ICZen zip file and flash it via Heimdall, and that should restore you back onto subZero build5 with a working recovery, in order to flash anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: schwick

gdpaull

Jan 23, 2011

I was running the bundled RC1.3 with no changes. I just took a trip down ODINville and went back to stock 2.1 (ah, the good old days). I reflashed the original 1.3, and I'm now all back to how I was before the #17 kernel...now, time to restore my settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a dream, that one day my fellow brethren will be noticed and respected for their contributions.

I have a dream, that actual contributors to the community will garner a bit more respect from the mods of their respective forums.

I have a dream, that not only the community and the developers live together in harmony, but that mods (in other forums) aren't going to be total micro managing assholes going on a power trip.

I have a dream.

Oka1, you are ****ing great man, the best! But some of your fellow mods are really getting to be jackasses, and having driven one of my good friends and newly formed team mates away, I am going to follow suit.

I'm taking all my **** down from XDA, and moving to Greener Pastures.

Please, join us.
    I Have A Dream

I have a dream, that one day my fellow brethren will be noticed and respected for their contributions.

I have a dream, that actual contributors to the community will garner a bit more respect from the mods of their respective forums.

I have a dream, that not only the community and the developers live together in harmony, but that mods (in other forums) aren't going to be total micro managing assholes going on a power trip.

I have a dream.

Oka1, you are ****ing great man, the best! But some of your fellow mods are really getting to be jackasses, and having driven one of my good friends and newly formed team mates away, I am going to follow suit.

I'm taking all my **** down from XDA, and moving to Greener Pastures.

Come join us.
    Moved 10char
    OP Updated

rc1.3

-Updated to AOKP Milestone4 vibrantmtd base: http://forum.aokp.co/
    -subZero Kernel, build5 by mr_psycho: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23339985&postcount=1440
    -Updated Market to the Play Store
    -Replaced Superuser with SuperSU
    SubZero -- the first thing I thought of was that Arnold Schwarzenegger bomb "The Running Man". That was like the Mr. Freeze dude he had to open up a can on.

I still like it though.

Way to bring me down, dude! lol

Mr. Freeze is one of his worst roles. lol

MP

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Okay, folks. Just unloaded from the docks. Fresh kernel crack.

subZero v1.0 "Fatality" Build #5

Basically the same as my "unofficial" Devil v14.2 kernel. BFS, SIO/Conservative by default. Many tweaks since then, though. I'll probably make separate thread for it all.

New in this release:
    - New name. New bootsplash.
    - BLX v1 (Battery Life eXtender)
    - Fully functional CWM v5.5.0.4 with working ADB, USB, and Nandroid.

* Still no DeepIdle. I'm not convinced DeepIdle does anything for conserving battery, and may be the cause of the lockscreen issues (unresponsive, freezing, or death).

** GPS is still touch-n-go. It may work for you. It may work coming out of deep sleep for you. Or it may just be problematic, and require reboots, and other GPS tweaking.

Anyway, here it is.

Let me know if you find any bugs. I personally haven't experienced any crashing, but that doesn't mean it won't/can't crash. No kernel is perfect.

Enjoy.

MP