[Q&A] CM11 user questions and experience

Search This thread

TheGOAT232412

Account currently disabled
My wife has issues as well at home with our att two wire router. There must be something up, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I did a full wipe for the 01/27 build and had no WiFi, then I proceeded to do another clean wipe and try flashing the Snapshot M2. I didn't flash GAPPS, I just flashed the ROM by itself and still had the same issues on both versions. Really love the CM11 look though, hopefully I can get the WiFi figured out. Any help or suggestions are always much appreciated

tj13

Jul 26, 2010
MA
Have you tried your wifi at another location? Like a *$ coffee place. If both you any your wife are having issues, it might be a problem with your router.

Last edited:

TheGOAT232412

I tried it on my home router, no wifi on both m2 snapshot & 1/27. I restored a viper nandroid and the wifi worked instantly. I am starting to think it has something to do with my phone and CM. Like i previously posted, i had these same issues on some 10.2 nightlies and the two CM11 nightlies that i flashed. Did a clean wipe with the cmw recovery that is in the unofficial cm11 dev thread.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

dcooterfrog

Dec 12, 2008
anone having trouble moving user apps to system

i have a cuple of apps that i have moved ot system in the past because they were BIG, updated rearely and always needed.
wiht the newest nightly I have been unable ot integrate anything int ote h rom wiht titanuim back up OR moving apps to system with solid explorer
2/03

any ideas

chupajr

Jan 13, 2011
I tried it on my home router, no wifi on both m2 snapshot & 1/27. I restored a viper nandroid and the wifi worked instantly. I am starting to think it has something to do with my phone and CM. Like i previously posted, i had these same issues on some 10.2 nightlies and the two CM11 nightlies that i flashed. Did a clean wipe with the cmw recovery that is in the unofficial cm11 dev thread.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I've had wifi issues where it would not seem to connect unless I rebooted, at which point it would connect smoothly.

So, maybe a dumb question, but did you try rebooting before flashing back to Viper?

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using Tapatalk

dcooterfrog

Dec 12, 2008
cratign system apps

I have had trouble getting apps to become system apps

cant move them with titanium
if I move them manually with solid explorer and fix permissions to 777 the just forces close
if i move an app that i didi not have installed it wont even show up in launcher or apex.

any suggestions

TheGOAT232412

I've had wifi issues where it would not seem to connect unless I rebooted, at which point it would connect smoothly.

So, maybe a dumb question, but did you try rebooting before flashing back to Viper?

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using Tapatalk

I did try a reboot and still no luck. After a clean wipe and a fresh install, if there is any problems with the setup then I usually wipe cache and dalvik in recovery. Unfortunately that didn't work on both CM10.2 and CM11.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

badducchio

Jan 9, 2014
I had the same issue when flashing my wife's phone. Check the date on the kernel version and make sure it matches up with the nightly you flashed. I fixed it by forcing the boot.img file to the phone. Weird thing is we have the same exact phone, mine is fine but I have to force it on her's every time.

TheGOAT232412

I had the same issue when flashing my wife's phone. Check the date on the kernel version and make sure it matches up with the nightly you flashed. I fixed it by forcing the boot.img file to the phone. Weird thing is we have the same exact phone, mine is fine but I have to force it on her's every time.

You just pushed the boot.img to the phone and the wifi worked after?

badducchio

Jan 9, 2014
Great! I am going to do a fresh flash now and see if that can get my wifi going. Would you by chance be able to point in the right direction for the correct GAPPS for CM11. I have an old GAPPS I think and I don't want there to be any possibility of anything going wrong

Scratch the last, I used the 20131119 file. I would post the file link but I cannot as I am a new user to these forums. Try this though:

**** invisiblek.org ****

*** /gapps ****

**** /gapps-kk-20131119.zip *****

Put www in front of invisiblek

MD5 is f776602c2271e2bcfb4734143deb31a5

There are more current gapps downloads out there but I cannot speak to those as I used the one posted above

Last edited:

Pete02

Dec 6, 2011
Google Pixel 3
I've been on CM11 since almost the beginning and have had very good results with it. I update to nightlies all the time and have the runtime in ART with no problems. These guys are awesome for bringing our phone kitkat.

Only one issue I have is that when I BT sync to my car it no longer displays the artist and title of the song. Also when I answer a call I have to manually press play again. It used to work great on 10.2 so I wasn't sure if there was a problem they can't iron out or maybe they're not aware of it. I've been checking thread after thread but I haven't seen any mention of it. Is it just me?

greatquux

Aug 11, 2013
I've been on CM11 since almost the beginning and have had very good results with it. I update to nightlies all the time and have the runtime in ART with no problems. These guys are awesome for bringing our phone kitkat.

Only one issue I have is that when I BT sync to my car it no longer displays the artist and title of the song. Also when I answer a call I have to manually press play again. It used to work great on 10.2 so I wasn't sure if there was a problem they can't iron out or maybe they're not aware of it. I've been checking thread after thread but I haven't seen any mention of it. Is it just me?

It's not just you - problem for me as well. Open bug here CYAN-3154 (can't link Cyanogenmod JIRA yet). not much movement on it though, I keep checking on it. Hopefully will be fixed soon, surely before 11 is stable.

tj13

Jul 26, 2010
MA
I have the problem too. Pandora locks up after a call. It did work under 10.2.

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

scottyb96

May 4, 2013
Does anybody know who is the maintainer? Matt Mower was in charge up until the release of CM11.

CM11 works great so far with a couple of issues: The battery life is considerably worse than CM10.2, and the screen takes too long to come on when prompted.

wmuflyer

Feb 14, 2011
Kalamazoo
Matt Mower is still the maintainer. Occasionally he's on the CM forum.

Does anybody know who is the maintainer? Matt Mower was in charge up until the release of CM11.

CM11 works great so far with a couple of issues: The battery life is considerably worse than CM10.2, and the screen takes too long to come on when prompted.

articzap

Aug 28, 2012
Honestly, I have extended battery and the life sucks. I've disabled just about everything I can and its still eating battery, but I don't it's really CM11 since all KitKat users seem to be experience heavy drains.

Reactions: dbrits

Sum Dumb Guy

May 10, 2013
Is that the general consensus about the battery life on CM 11? I'm still running CM10.2 and even that was a step down from stock for battery life...

At first my battery would only last half a day at best. Look at your battery stats, what is the largest drain? Mine was Google Services with a drain that was larger than my Screen usage. After I disabled Google Location Reporting the google Services dropped down to about 4%. Since then my battery life has been acceptable. Very similar to 10.2 performance.

I think the only better battery life I've had was when Mower made an underclock kernel in the early CM10s. Anyone know how to underclock? I think the lowest clock was reduced from 384 to 192.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So battery life has been less then desirable, around 10-15% loss per hour according to GSAM. It also reported that Google Play Services was creating 800-1000 wakelocks per 12 hour time span.

Something had to give, and it wasn't going to be this rom. After a ton of researching and digging through the internet for days, I found the answer.

1) Goto "Settings"
    2) Under PERSONAL goto "Privacy"
    3) Goto "Privacy Guard"
    4) Under the 3 dot/settings menu goto "Advanced"
    5) Scroll to "Google Play Services" and select it
    6) Scroll down to "Wake up" and switch to "Off"
    7) Scroll down to "Keep awake" and switch to "Off"

Repeat this process with any other apps you see fit. If you notice anything weird, just re-enable.

With heavy phone use, I'm down to 6-6.5% per hour of battery drain now. Tomorrow is a normally lite phone day, so hopefully I can see an even lower percentage!
    CM11 M8

Due to a long standing issue with WIFI reconnecting Fireball M series releases are on hold. See here https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-3923

MDMower built an M8 unofficial equivalent hosted on his site at http://mdmower.cmphys.com/cyanogenmod-fireball/

He continues to do a good job supporting us through JIRA and the CM forum.
    I'm seeing more people using CM11 and figured we should have a place to discuss our experience and provide feedback if the device maintainer stops by.

I've been running CM11 since the end of December and have had a great experience with it. The only issues I've had are occasional trouble connecting to saved WiFi networks (that could definitely be the router) and Google Wallet won't allow tap and pay (I'm talking to a Google rep to resolve this)

Anyone else feel free to share your experience.

I'm on CM11 SNAPSHOT-M2
    One of the most fluid ROM's I used.

Considering Verizon never put out any code for KitKat use on fireball, I'm very shocked to see how flawless it works! Feels like a stock ROM!
    I'm confused :) previous version works good. I wait for next version and try again
    EDIT
    EDIT
    I know the reason, Matt @mdmower help me. I don't have Wi-Fi before because I don't upgrade radio to the new :)

Great! Welcome to KitKat!