youtube mobile problem

Search This thread

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas
I have HTC Streaming Media, version v2.10 build 1025.621 on my MDA running the Core 2.0. The streaming media player will automatic open the rtsp url on http://m.youtube.com! That's the player you need. I connect to mobile youtube using wifi!

i'm on shadow and have installed the custel cingular cab. Streaming media player opens up automaticily after i click the link for a vid on youtube but i get the "failed to connect" error.

i'm on version 2.10 build 419.716

Lordsmiff

Nov 22, 2005
Glossop
Try going into Streaming Media from the programs menu and looking in the options. I had a similar problem where it wouldn't connect until I told streaming media which connection settings to use (IE T-Mobile Internet rather than My ISP).

Cheers,
Smiffy.

edwardlam67

Mar 29, 2007
You need to set an appropriate connection under option menu of HTC media streaming. Once you change to other connection, you may need to resume to original setting if you cannot watch streaming with other network connection.

TheGadgetGuy

Jul 18, 2003
Michigan
Ok.

For me, at least, the problem seems to be the default player is Cingular's Real Player instead of Streaming Video.

Where in the registry is that default player changed??

Thanks!

donsaxena

Feb 11, 2006
Ok.

For me, at least, the problem seems to be the default player is Cingular's Real Player instead of Streaming Video.

Where in the registry is that default player changed??

Thanks!

if you use sktools you change file associations. change rtsp to open with streaming media. i believe it is under windows/streamingplayer.exe

or in opera when you open video from m.youtube.com hold down your stylus on the watch video icon and tell it to copy the link. paste the link in that streaming media player and enjoy.

Matt-Helm

Feb 8, 2007
Cleveland
if you use sktools you change file associations. change rtsp to open with streaming media. i believe it is under windows/streamingplayer.exe.

Just tested this and it does work. I'm using Custel's Custom Cingular app which allows me to view Cingular video. If you want to get youtube working download and install sktools. Go to View/ALL and scroll down to File Types. Select ACTION and choose "show registered file types". Find rtsp and edit. command line should be "StreamingPlayer.exe %1" NO QUOTES. Do not browse to \\windows\streamingplayer.exe cause it wont work will the full file path (no idea why). Icon text box can be cleared and left blank.

I do not have to disable proxy for YouTube to work.

pcm2a

May 22, 2007
I got a question for you. I followed your example and was able to change the rtsp association to "StreamingPlayer.exe" without any difficulty.

Now if I click the link in m.youtube.com in PIE it pulls up StreamingPlayer and the video plays, fantastic!

However, if I click the same link in Opera 8.60 it still gives me the error box that it cant open a rtsp:// link. Any ideas?

I did try a soft-reset after I changed the association to be safe.

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
Streaming media

When using pocket ie it opens htc streaming media but then says failed to conect to network. i have changed the connection to My ISP and it says the same. I'm confused:confused:

DIE_HARD

Apr 19, 2007
I downloaded SKTools and since it only lists 6 types at a time I can't browse for it.

I can't find rtsp and therefor can't edit!

I hit find, type rtsp in, hit ok, and nothing happens. I am back at the screen I was at before I hit find.

Any ideas?

donsaxena

Feb 11, 2006
yeah just buy sktools its like 8 dollars and is very useful. free up ram clean cache etc.

Oleschuldad

Feb 18, 2007
youtube problems

I got a question for you. I followed your example and was able to change the rtsp association to "StreamingPlayer.exe" without any difficulty.

Now if I click the link in m.youtube.com in PIE it pulls up StreamingPlayer and the video plays, fantastic!

However, if I click the same link in Opera 8.60 it still gives me the error box that it cant open a rtsp:// link. Any ideas?

I did try a soft-reset after I changed the association to be safe.

I did the file type changes and now PIE works and Opera almost works... when clicking the link it does open streamingplayer, but it just sits there as though it just opened the application but didnt point to an url....

Intergalactic

Dec 7, 2006
HTC Streaming Media Player Work On Mobile YouTube!

You can get the SmartPhone/ppc HTC Straming Media Player,downloads, instructions and complete details over at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=312695&page=2 Go to post number 20 for the downloads and details! This player is the best on the market for live direct access to mobile youtube videos at http://m.youtube.com works like a charm, no hassels, no bugs!

Last edited:

DIE_HARD

Apr 19, 2007
How does Windows/PIE know where to find "StreamingPlayer.exe %1"

I was able to use a free registry editor to make those changes but now when i click on the video links it does nothing. I am assuming that's because it doesn't know where "StreamingPlayer.exe" is.

EDIT: DOH!!!
1. Download the HTC player from here. Unpack it and copy all files to \Windows

Last edited: