[1.10 update][Andynear style]DIY your own SMS chat UI

Search This thread

Swordfire

Mar 9, 2011
I don't know whats happening...I installed the .cab version and all others but its still not working...Its still that old sms screen.

I tried everything. What could be? I restarted my cell phone many times and the problem persist.

best Regards

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
Something for Android fans and thanks to forgot his name x| for his starter theme.

HTC Amaze 4G Bubble Messages theme.
- Works on VGA and Portrait mode, not sure about other resolutions
---- am still fixing the landscape mode.
- Used in Windows Mobile 6.5.5 build 28244 so if you want to use this, make sure to backup the original files first in case something went wrong

screenshot
WMStandardMessaging.jpg

point of interest
Title Bar Size
- if working on 192 dpi, make sure you convert to convert 192dpi values to 96dpi
-- formula: 96dpi to 192dpi (i x current_dpi) / 96
-- formula: 192dpi to 96dpi (i x 96) / current_dpi

download file

Reactions: duo_m

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
how do I replace the old files with the new ones?

you can use my DropToWindows application.
check my SIG!

and I suggest some standard naming of the image files please?
sms_inbg = sms_in_bubble_top
smsbg_in = sms_in_bubble_bottom
smsbg_inun = sms_inun_bubble_bottom
sms_outbg = sms_out_bubble_top
smsbg_out = sms_out_bubble_bottom
smsbg_outun = sms_outun_bubble_bottom
smstitle = sms_title_bar

Last edited:
Reactions: sh4de

duo_m

Aug 28, 2009
Los Banos
umm...noob/dumb question: how do i restore the original look of the sms app? can a hard reset solve this?

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

umm...noob/dumb question: how do i restore the original look of the sms app? can a hard reset solve this?

nevermind...:)

Digistras

Dec 30, 2010
Hi all,

1st of all, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I need help on a question which although it was asked a couple of times before in this thread, however, no one have actually gave a straight or exact answer to that question. It is also worth to note that after reading through all pages and all replies of this thread, I really hope to get some enlightment on the issue at hand. Also, be fore-warned that this is going to be a long question/reply to this thread and I do apologize for that as it is vital to give as much information as possible...no matter how simple problem might be.

Before I proceed with my question, it is good to know which phone and Windows Mobile version that I'm currently using so that you guys can help me better.

Phone Brand and Model: HTC Touch 2

ROM: Stock or Original HTC Released ROM (RUU_Mega_hTC_Asia_SEA_WWE_1.37.728.3_Radio_Signed_61.55t.25.38_3.54.25.25_Ship.exe)

Windows Mobile Version: 6.5

Plugin: All Disabled (HTC Sense, HTC Messaging etc.. all disabled)

SMS Skin downloaded and installed: Uppy's iPhone Skin for WM 6.5 (Ported over from Mintishhippo iPhone Skin)

I have downloaded and installed the iPhone skin from Uppy and I must say that I'm very impressed by the skin which is exactly what I want. However, there is still one problem that bugs me.

1. The threaded SMS seems to display the TIME ONLY for those message sent and recieved on the same day

and

2. DATE ONLY for those that are sent and recieved on different days. I'll follow up with some illustrations for you guys to get a better picture. All timestamps stated below are GMT +8.

ROM Version:

screen01j.jpg

Date and Time set on WM6.5 to 24 Febuary 2012, 11.10pm:

screen02edited.jpg

Test SMS for Sent and Received on 24 Febuary 2012 (with Uppy's iPhone SMS Skin installed):

screen03edited.jpg

Date and Time set on WM6.5 to 25 Febuary 2012, 11.33PM:

screen04edited.jpg

Test SMS for Sent and Received on 25 Febuary 2012

screen05edited.jpg

As you can see from the screenshots that I have provided, is clearly stated that any messages sent and recieved on the same day will only show the time while any messages sent and recieved on different days will only show the date.

I've went through files like thread_sms.htm, thread_style.css and iframe_style.css but could not anything with regards to display of date or time for SMS. I have also went through other apps for WM6.5 but those are really not as close as compared to SMS Skin. I saw that it is possible on WM6.5.x like as shown in the screenshot below:

22547495.png

So is there really any way that I can get WM6.5 to display the time AND date for all SMS no matter which day it was recieved or sent on?

Could it be just a simple editing of the registry or a patch? Anyone who knows how to make it possible?

P.S I know that upgrading to WM6.5.x would be the best solution possible but I would like to stick to WM6.5 as much possible due to something about 6.5.x that I don't really like.

Digistras

Dec 30, 2010
Hi all,

1st of all, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I need help on a question which although it was asked a couple of times before in this thread, however, no one have actually gave a straight or exact answer to that question. It is also worth to note that after reading through all pages and all replies of this thread, I really hope to get some enlightment on the issue at hand. Also, be fore-warned that this is going to be a long question/reply to this thread and I do apologize for that as it is vital to give as much information as possible...no matter how simple problem might be.

Before I proceed with my question, it is good to know which phone and Windows Mobile version that I'm currently using so that you guys can help me better.

ROM: Stock or Original HTC Released ROM (RUU_Mega_hTC_Asia_SEA_WWE_1.37.728.3_Radio_Signed_61.55t.25.38_3.54.25.25_Ship.exe)

SMS Skin downloaded and installed: Uppy's iPhone Skin for WM 6.5 (Ported over from Mintishhippo iPhone Skin)

I have downloaded and installed the iPhone skin from Uppy and I must say that I'm very impressed by the skin which is exactly what I want. However, there is still one problem that bugs me.

1. The threaded SMS seems to display the TIME ONLY for those message sent and recieved on the same day

and

2. DATE ONLY for those that are sent and recieved on different days. I'll follow up with some illustrations for you guys to get a better picture. All timestamps stated below are GMT +8.

ROM Version:

screen01j.jpg

screen02edited.jpg

Test SMS for Sent and Received on 24 Febuary 2012 (with Uppy's iPhone SMS Skin installed):

screen03edited.jpg

screen04edited.jpg

screen05edited.jpg

As you can see from the screenshots that I have provided, is clearly stated that any messages sent and recieved on the same day will only show the time while any messages sent and recieved on different days will only show the date.

I've went through files like thread_sms.htm, thread_style.css and iframe_style.css but could not anything with regards to display of date or time for SMS. I have also went through other apps for WM6.5 but those are really not as close as compared to SMS Skin. I saw that it is possible on WM6.5.x like as shown in the screenshot below:

22547495.png

So is there really any way that I can get WM6.5 to display the time AND date for all SMS no matter which day it was recieved or sent on?

Could it be just a simple editing of the registry or a patch? Anyone who knows how to make it possible?

P.S I know that upgrading to WM6.5.x would be the best solution possible but I would like to stick to WM6.5 as much possible due to something about 6.5.x that I don't really like.

Bump for today!

Last edited:

Digistras

Dec 30, 2010
Hi all,

and

ROM Version:

screen01j.jpg

screen02edited.jpg

screen03edited.jpg

screen04edited.jpg

screen05edited.jpg

22547495.png

Bump for today!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my skin:)
    For the i8000 Omnia II guys, I've edited this great skin to look like the original skinned Samsung SMS app. Hope you'll like it! :)
    Something for Android fans and thanks to forgot his name x| for his starter theme.

HTC Amaze 4G Bubble Messages theme.
    - Works on VGA and Portrait mode, not sure about other resolutions
    ---- am still fixing the landscape mode.
    - Used in Windows Mobile 6.5.5 build 28244 so if you want to use this, make sure to backup the original files first in case something went wrong

screenshot
    WMStandardMessaging.jpg

point of interest
    Title Bar Size
    - if working on 192 dpi, make sure you convert to convert 192dpi values to 96dpi
    -- formula: 96dpi to 192dpi (i x current_dpi) / 96
    -- formula: 192dpi to 96dpi (i x 96) / current_dpi

download file
    how do I replace the old files with the new ones?

you can use my DropToWindows application.
    check my SIG!

and I suggest some standard naming of the image files please?
    sms_inbg = sms_in_bubble_top
    smsbg_in = sms_in_bubble_bottom
    smsbg_inun = sms_inun_bubble_bottom
    sms_outbg = sms_out_bubble_top
    smsbg_out = sms_out_bubble_bottom
    smsbg_outun = sms_outun_bubble_bottom
    smstitle = sms_title_bar