[KERNEL]Droid DNA Cubed Kernel Stock/System Write/Unsec ADB[01.23.13]Added HSIC fix

Search This thread

dsb9938

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2010
Edison, NJ
Okay folks. I built this for those of you who prefer to be on a mostly stock kernel.

It is all stock except you can write to /system, and adb shell as root.

I will not be modifying, maintaining, updating, or otherwise doing anything else with this.

If you are coming from my other kernel, you need to flash the return to stock zip in the OP of that thread first to restore your files.

Enjoy!

Droid DNA Cubed System Write Stock Kernel
MD5: 78dba0c85090d89fd681269a09140e5f

D

Last edited:

dsb9938

Sep 17, 2010
Edison, NJ
Not making any mods to this. I would spend the rest of my life making "can you just do this one thing" versions.

Sorry.

D

cdkg

Sep 30, 2006
Sounds like YOU got douche is YOUR mouth. So keep it closed ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

two_cents

Mar 23, 2009
Okay folks. I built this for those of you who prefer to be on a mostly stock kernel.

I will not be modifying, maintaining, updating, or otherwise doing anything else with this.

If you are coming from my other kernel, you need to flash the return to stock zip in the OP of that thread first to restore your files.

Enjoy!

MD5: a269496c317b4de83ddc2e6879ce9341

D

I'll keep this as just in case... I had a freeze up after dinner today... I downloaded world of goo for free from amazon then ate... when I went to turn it back on I had to do a hard reboot with the power button

thanks for all your hard work... merry christmas

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
Sorry for asking, but i didn't understand... Does this kernel have a root? SuperSU or SU should work fine with it?

two_cents

Mar 23, 2009
So this happened with this kernel or another?

the modified cubed kenels are giving me issues... I only had one lock up in 2 days but I just woke up to another lockup... think I'm just going to have to live without sweep2wake... just flashed the stock/write kernel... I'm not angry I'm glad to see development making progress and every phone is different... battery life is fine with me on stock but its better on the modified kernel but I can't risk my phone being locked up in the morning on a work day if my alarm doesn't go off

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Sorry for asking, but i didn't understand... Does this kernel have a root? SuperSU or SU should work fine with it?

since the kernel now supports write to system you can now root from the phone interface instead of recovery now... so yes SU's should work fine

madAdam6LOVE

Jul 8, 2010
Gilford, NH
Thanks for this! I've been enjoying the bullet-proof stability of UKB with stock kernel. Delighted to now have a writable system without the ups and downs of undervolting, overclocking, etc.

hunterguitar03

Jan 28, 2008
Ridgeland, MS
Thread unlocked. Links up.

D

Thank you, very much. I, for one, had some issues with freezing and SOD's on the more customized kernel, but I just kept my mouth shut and used this one, rather than make a big deal of it. I appreciate the work you do and wish there was some way I could help with the development of the other kernel. Not that you need it, but I'd be happy to do any testing and provide logs, should the need arise. Thanks again for all the work. It is most definitely appreciated!

dsb9938

Sep 17, 2010
Edison, NJ
Thank you, very much. I, for one, had some issues with freezing and SOD's on the more customized kernel, but I just kept my mouth shut and used this one, rather than make a big deal of it. I appreciate the work you do and wish there was some way I could help with the development of the other kernel. Not that you need it, but I'd be happy to do any testing and provide logs, should the need arise. Thanks again for all the work. It is most definitely appreciated!

Keeping your mouth shut doesn't help. Posting as much info about when/what/how things happen is what helps. And not going nuts about it LOL.

D

hunterguitar03

Jan 28, 2008
Ridgeland, MS
Keeping your mouth shut doesn't help. Posting as much info about when/what/how things happen is what helps. And not going nuts about it LOL.

D

I'm fairly proficient in adb... definitely not a pro, but I am able to work my way around. I'm going to try 2.3.1 and see how I do with it. If I experience any issues, I'll definitely post any info I can. I want to get more active in the community to give back to those who have given so much to me over the years. Without XDA and dev's like yourself, I might as well have an iPhone.

I also promise to make every effort NOT to go nuts about anything, However, bananas are an entirely different matter. ;p

Arte Suave

Sep 19, 2010
So can I just DL and flash this in recovery, or do I need to follow the steps of your custom kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enjoy!

MD5: 78dba0c85090d89fd681269a09140e5f

D

Thread unlocked. Links up.

D

Added the HSIC fix to this so the stock folk can save some battery.

D

Can you make an overclock version too?

The end goal would be to include that, too. My primary focus is absolute stability, so overclocking won't be coming right away (but it will be on the short list). Since I'm going to have to follow the GPL in order to provide the kernel to you guys, I'm going to go official and set it up on github which might take a couple days since I'm also busy with a few real life things at the moment, too. I'm going to be splitting off from this thread for the release since it won't be this "stock" kernel anymore and I'm getting dsb's ok to include his system write patch in it. Between getting the source on github and ensuring that I've tested the stability thoroughly myself, I'm going to say probably Friday I'll start the new thread with my kernel ready for download.
    Hey dsb, I know you said you weren't going to maintain this kernel nor provide individual modifications to it, but is there *any* way you could compile this kernel with just the battery fix also in it from the other kernel? I would normally agree that individual requests would become overwhelming, but that fix isn't just a random feature request. It's an actual bug in the stock kernel that should really be addressed by HTC but obviously you beat them to it. It might also be a good test to see if that fix is what is causing the freezing problem on the other kernel, since the best way to test that (unfortunately) is probably going to be testing kernels by either inclusion of changes on stock, or exclusion of changes on modded. As a developer myself, I totally understand the frustration in tracking down bugs that can't be easily reproduced by any one given method. If you'd like someone to test the extra change, I'll gladly volunteer my device.

I understand if you don't want to fulfill this request, and no hard feelings if you can't or don't want to. Really appreciate all you've already done.