[FIX] Direct MMS on Boostmobile HTC EVO AOSP & SENSE

Search This thread

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
As always hit the THANKS BUTTON

work in progress as of 7/14 this isnt a full solution for receiving from others

Here is my guide to getting direct pictures on the HTC EVO BOOSTMOBILE NETWORK

ive been browsing around and havent seen a proper fix for this besides those who want to make a profit.

im currently testing this and can send mms to myself, by way of the go sms pro app....it allows sending mms to yourself with a viewing pic......

AOSP ROMS
1. Delete the MMS.apk and mms odex if there is one from /system/app
2. install Go sms Pro from the market
3. Setup go sms Pro for Full features.
4. in go sms pro app hit menu>settings>>MMS settings>Fill APN config Manually

MMSC: Http://mm.myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com
MMS proxy: I left mine blank
MMS Port: 80

SENSE

1. go into mms app and look to see if mmsc is editable. (sense 3.0 & some 2.1 allow editing.
2. If not editable follow steps above for AOSP^^^^^
3. EDITABLE change mmsc to

I will continue to update thread and test more roms FO DA Freesci!!. 7/13/2011

Last edited:

dahprophit

Nov 20, 2010
ill try it, but i was looking into something else.. im kind of close.

basically what i did was pull the mms.apk file from a rom
someone was using with boostmobile.

then i copied it into the zip file of the rom i initially want to use.

but the messaging app crashes and i figured its because im using
stock gingerbread and that rom was created in 2010.

so Im still looking

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
What changes were made to the mms.apk? Could you post this apk?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
Your MMS don't come to your phone as 9000 media msg received? Do u have to go to the web to view it?

Reactions: sdwyz74

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Your MMS don't come to your phone as 9000 media msg received? Do u have to go to the web to view it?

naw, none of that....it works like it should I view on phone.
ps remove the "sprintpcs" from address enter it as i put in first post, that's all it takes :D

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
naw, none of that....it works like it should I view on phone.
ps remove the "sprintpcs" from address enter it as i put in first post, that's all it takes :D

Ive tried removing the sprintpcs, could it be the donor phone that was used to set up the account? I read that, that may be the issue if the phone couldn't receive pics. Hmmmm

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
i used a rant, what'd you use? maybe nand bckup, titanium bkup apps, and then factory reset wipe, cache and dalvik cache and start fresh with rom install. Maybe your attempts to get mms has tweaked something? the only thing not working for me is voicemail notifications from stock voicemail app----- i hear it works with Kingdom Rom though.
If your donor provides 3g i'd be surprised if it didn't accept MMS.....try it after a clean install

Reactions: rockybrett

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
i change my roms every week.

i didnt flash the phone myself had it done in atlanta.

its never came straight to phone.....i was showed to follow link after it was done. no idea what phone was used.

thanks for your help...i believe i will just wait until i upgrade the phone to something else to get it done properly.

No idea when thats going to be...i just made it to $45 a month with shrinkage

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
i change my roms every week.

i didnt flash the phone myself had it done in atlanta.

its never came straight to phone.....i was showed to follow link after it was done. no idea what phone was used.

thanks for your help...i believe i will just wait until i upgrade the phone to something else to get it done properly.

No idea when thats going to be...i just made it to $45 a month with shrinkage

are you able to "update profile" and "prl update" ?
i was thinking maybe go sms program or apn settings/port might be conflicting and that a fresh install, then before restoring apps, setting up ##3282# then testing just to confirm.
i first had my evo on metropcs and mms wasn't working then, and it sucked. So I hope it works out for ya

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
oh yeah also- after editing in ##3282# hit menu >commit modifications then restart
....just in case....

pimp100500

Jul 21, 2010
Colorado

ive been browsing around and havent seen a proper fix for this besides those who want to make a profit.

im currently testing this and can send mms to myself, by way of the go sms pro app....it allows sending mms to yourself with a viewing pic......

AOSP ROMS

SENSE

1. go into mms app and look to see if mmsc is editable. (sense 3.0 & some 2.1 allow editing.

was wonderibg since your on boost if there was a way to flash back to sprint after being on boost for a while

eghoti1

Feb 5, 2007
NYC
Hey when you guys flashed a Gingerbread rom like Lithid 2.3.4 AoSP or Kingdom Sense, did your settings for Boost carry over aside from the MMS issue? I know prior Gingerbread ROMs has EPST access issues. Thanks

picklerick

Sep 6, 2008
Ive tried removing the sprintpcs, could it be the donor phone that was used to set up the account? I read that, that may be the issue if the phone couldn't receive pics. Hmmmm

I agree. If you are receiving mms messages from a 9000 number its because of your donor phone. I am using a incognito and a ppc-6700 as donor phones. The incognito receives direct picture mail but the ppc-6700 does not. PPC-6700 doesn't support mms messaging. The url is http://mm.myboostmobile.com not Http://mm.myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com

http://support.sprint.com/support/a...n_the_From_area/case-wh164052-20100624-100411

Last edited:

StarboundFun

Jun 30, 2011
htc evo on boost mobile rooted rom, mms settings solution ##3282# not working,

I could not change the Sprint MMSC settings to mm.myboostmobile.com due to my ##3282# not working and my settings were grayed out in my stock messaging settings not allowing me to edit them. I tried qpst and cdma workshop and dfs and a couple other programs but none of them were any help. I finally used an app from the market APN backup and restore on a friends EVO first to create the backup file sent thE file to my email so I would have it, then used that file to restore my EVO settings and wallah its working wonderfully , I can send and receive picture mail without having to open download links , I have that backup file if I can find a way to share it with you I will .

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
Sure just upload it to drop box or any file share and add the link here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AOSP ROMS

SENSE

Not sure if I'm missing something, ..but i just dial ##DATA# > Enter msl > Advanced > MMS Server URL to http://mm.myboostmobile.com (w/o sprintpcs)
    MMS send and recieve works with stock app

i used a rant, what'd you use? maybe nand bckup, titanium bkup apps, and then factory reset wipe, cache and dalvik cache and start fresh with rom install. Maybe your attempts to get mms has tweaked something? the only thing not working for me is voicemail notifications from stock voicemail app----- i hear it works with Kingdom Rom though.
    If your donor provides 3g i'd be surprised if it didn't accept MMS.....try it after a clean install