SW 2 Bluetooth Problem?

Search This thread

sidofido

May 4, 2012
Hi,
I've got yesterday sw2. It is really cool, but sometimes i have problem with bluetooth. Sw2 seems to be connected with phone, but when i start some app, it is loading, but this app don't start. I must restart my watch and then everything works fine, but then when i don't use it for a while it didn't want start against. I am using nexus 5 with custom rom. Where can be a problem?

Gryx

Oct 18, 2010
I am having the same problem. Also a nexus 5 with custom rom. Maybe this is a nexus issue?

Which kernel are you running on the phone.

mcnob

Aug 2, 2010
Suffolk
Stock Nexus 5 has no such issue so I'd start with the kernel /ROM bluetooth compatability. Certain apps seem to lose their state occasionally I've noticed. They generally just need to be closed and reopened though. No reboot has been necessary.

Sent via telepathy

Difficulty with MediaTek devices

I have a Wiko Stairway, which is built on MediaTek platform. Pairing is difficult but possible. I don't know whose fault it is, MediaTek or Sony or both?
Still I find it awkard that I have to install 10MB of Sony software just to establish a faulty connection.

My workaround:
  1. Pair the devices without installing the Smart Connect suite
  2. Install Smart Connect and restart watch
  3. Start Smart Connect and wait a while. It should now find the watch and prompt for installing the add-on
  4. Turn bluetooth off and on on both devices
  5. It should now work

Problem is that every now and then the connection is dropped and you may have to toggle bluetooth on either watch or phone or both. Even sometimes a restart is required.

kill_dano

Oct 25, 2007
A work around might be to see if force closing the app 'bluetooth share' temporary resolves the issue. If that's the case you could set up a tasker task to kill bluetooth share every 8 hours or so. You might need a plug-in to properly kill bluetooth share with tasker.