Search This thread

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
I'd like to announce a program that I designed for use with iDialer:

GreenButton.png
GreenButton

GreenButton is an Open Source Windows Mobile 5.0+ program. It runs in the background as a very tiny executable (1kB) that waits for the Green Button (otherwise known as the "Talk" button) to be pressed. At that time, the specified program will be executed. I wrote this with iDialer in mind, and it works perfectly for those who want to use iDialer as their default dialer.

Go to my site for further details, and to download:

http://www.supware.net/GreenButton/

oh! F*in A man, now we're talking. Getting closer & closer to the killer app

I can't wait to d/l this and try it.

supbro -- on a tangential note: could you tell us which ROM you run, which SIP you use, whether ot not you use A_C's s2U2, PCMkeyboard?, etc? I have been looking for "best configurations", beyond just best-of-breed apps. Thanks very much for all your great work. I am looking forward to understanding your business and how it will serve smartphone users.

I'd like to announce a program that I designed for use with iDialer:

GreenButton.png
GreenButton

GreenButton is an Open Source Windows Mobile 5.0+ program. It runs in the background as a very tiny executable (1kB) that waits for the Green Button (otherwise known as the "Talk" button) to be pressed. At that time, the specified program will be executed. I wrote this with iDialer in mind, and it works perfectly for those who want to use iDialer as their default dialer.

Go to my site for further details, and to download:

http://www.supware.net/GreenButton/

wisniak

May 10, 2006
Hi,
I installed it on my Tilt and it doesn't work (ie - I press the green button but nothing comes up, not even the standard dialer).
I also looked for a config utility, coulnd't find one (either in Start-Settings nor in Start-Programs).
I performed an SR after installation.
I was expecting some sort of possibility to link between the green button and my preferred app (O3TOUCH).

Thanks.

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
How do I change the program?
GreenButton is activated upon startup by a shortcut placed in "\Windows\Startup". Edit that shortcut (easiest to do over ActiveSync) and add your program as an argument (this example will execute Pocket IE upon Green Button press):
44#"\Program Files\GreenButton\GreenButton.exe" \Windows\iexplore.exe

More Info Here : http://www.supware.net/GreenButton/

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
Hi,
I installed it on my Tilt and it doesn't work (ie - I press the green button but nothing comes up, not even the standard dialer).
I also looked for a config utility, coulnd't find one (either in Start-Settings nor in Start-Programs).
I performed an SR after installation.
I was expecting some sort of possibility to link between the green button and my preferred app (O3TOUCH).

Thanks.

There is no config utility, you must edit the registry manually. The registry settings are on my web site. GreenButton was designed for iDialer, so if you don't have iDialer installed, that would explain why no programs start when you push the green button.

If you want to run a different program, you can probably just change HKCU/Software/Supware.net/GreenButton/Run in the registry to the file name of your dialer (maybe \Program Files\O3\O3Touch.exe ?)

Also, after changing registry settings, be sure to soft-reset your device.

wisniak

May 10, 2006
OK
I'm not able to sync the PDA to my work computer, so rather than wait till evening, I used Resco Registry Editor and changed what seemed to me the appropriate reg keys.
So far it seems to be working (ie pressing the green button brings up O3Touch).
But I noticed that there seemed to be some hangs-ups, so I'll uninstall and reinstall then try to edit the shortcut via AS.

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
Great Program..

I loved I-Dialer, but the lack of an option to launch it using the talk button made me think twice about keeping it... With this addition my wishes are granted, a full screen dialer with fast contacts to match.. Excellent apps!!

The only things I would comment on would be the graphics of the dialer look look less than VGA quality (bottom row icons)... Hopefully folks will begin to skin this program like S2U2 and we will have the perfect replacement to the stock dialer.

I would recommend you work with Dman666 as he is working on a full Iphone theme for the Diamond/TP crowd.. This dialer would compliment both of your efforts perfectly as there seemed to be an issue with launching the phone from the manilla code (bottom home icons) he is tweaking for the theme.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=463018

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
OK
I'm not able to sync the PDA to my work computer, so rather than wait till evening, I used Resco Registry Editor and changed what seemed to me the appropriate reg keys.
So far it seems to be working (ie pressing the green button brings up O3Touch).
But I noticed that there seemed to be some hangs-ups, so I'll uninstall and reinstall then try to edit the shortcut via AS.

Editing the shortcut will have the same effect as updating the "Run" entry in the registry. There's no need to reinstall or edit the shortcut if you've updated the registry.

wisniak

May 10, 2006
Editing the shortcut will have the same effect as updating the "Run" entry in the registry. There's no need to reinstall or edit the shortcut if you've updated the registry.

That's obvious.

But I was not able to edit the shortcut. I tried using the "Explore" function in AS, as well as the built-in file explorer. I could only "view" the file. Could you please post more detailed instructions?

Thank you.