[Q] Bad sound recording?

Search This thread

Jonfensu

Apr 10, 2012
sorry it's not a solution... but why don't you take it back to the service centre?

btw, stock rom?

are you using stock rom ? custom based rom`s have that issue.. on the other hand the stock rom have a great sound recording ..

No. I dont own the device. I wanna buy it. But I am worried about every issue that ZR has:
1- Not-working Bluetooth and Wifi
2- Weak USB Flap
3- Camera condesation
4- Bad sound recording

I know. The Z1C is better, but I cant afford it.
I can live with the VGA front facing camera, and 8GB internal memory.
So, Do you still recommed the ZR ?

EDIT . I added more videos to OP

Last edited:

Kratellismorru

Mar 23, 2012
El Castillo Del Diablo
No. I dont own the device. I wanna buy it. But I am worried about every issue that ZR has:
2- Weak USB Flap
3- Camera condesation
4- Bad sound recording

I guess I'll give my opinion to the list you posted.
(I have my ZR for about 3 months already)

1. I think it is a factory defect since not all users experience it(Including me)

2. You can buy Its charging dock to avoid using the USB port and preserve its strength, anyways, its life will depend on how you open/close it. I always lift it up carefully then rotate it when I open it(not like others where they bend the cover when opening it.)

3. Same as number 1

4. You mean in Video recording? It does happen when you submerge it in the water, but will vanish when the water dries out. Its video recording is really quite decent (Despite the fact that recording 6 minutes of Full HD video will consume about 700mb already :) ).

If you really can't afford the Z1C then I can really suggest this phone. Just take great measures in choosing the store where you will get it.

Reactions: Jonfensu

eljibZR

Oct 9, 2013
2- Weak USB Flap
3- Camera condesation
4- Bad sound recording

1. never get any problem with that (i don t use bluetooth)
2. this is fine: in fact when it s new it s either fit too strong or not enough but with time it gets better and you can find a workaround.
However the headphone is pretty strong so it can be a problem if you listen music very often
3. Never got any condensation but I don t take picture so often too..
4. I don t know for the recording but the sound quality is a bit low. For music it s fine but very often I have problem to understand people on the phone but it s also a network problem...I think I m gonna buy a bluetooth earphone.
Also, the main speaker is on the back which very stupid when you play music...

For me, the main issue with this phone will be:
- internal storage: the system take something like 4.5 G so you get only 3 for you... and there is no simple solution to fix that except Root+FolderMount(app2sd..are not working)
- not so much developement: sony is slow to update and as this phone wasn t so popular not so many developers are working on it.
For instance, it s still not really clear if we will get Kitkat...

My advice: If you can have this phone for a really interesting price, go for it but don t forget the limitation and the probably very short support you will get (I think Sony will drop it next summer and everyone will move for Z1C or Z2 soom...)

adryanodej

Jun 3, 2013
Dej, Cluj-Napoca
2- Weak USB Flap
3- Camera condesation
4- Bad sound recording

i own this device and i can tell you that i don`t fact any problem you mention.
no camera condensation, i use a lot underwater
no bad sound recording
i charge only with usb because i don`t own a dock charger and the flap stands well
bluetoth work very well and wifi range is better than other phones i had..
Sorry about my english ! hope i helped you .

mtabzr

Feb 10, 2014
2- Weak USB Flap
3- Camera condesation
4- Bad sound recording

I also have the same problem with video recording too, it seems like a problem in noise suppression department as voices are recorded clearly but enviroment and other sounds suck! earpiece had a loud enough sound until I tested water resistance and since then I have difficulty hearing the other party.
my flaps have been firm and had no problem with them. wifi is more than good. Pictures and movies quality are also good.

moolash

Mar 10, 2009
solved for me

Hi,

This helped me - I am on 4.2.2 xxxx .244, almost stock and rooted.
I have flashed the fix and seems to be OK now.

Prior_Ori

Dec 26, 2012
There is a simple decision of a problem.
It is necessary in a file snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 ( \system\etc\snd_soc_msm\ ) To change it :
Name "Camcorder Stereo"
Comment "Dual MIC recording device"
From this ACDBID 545:2 to ACDBID 528:2.
We keep and reboot the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2- Weak USB Flap
    3- Camera condesation
    4- Bad sound recording

1. never get any problem with that (i don t use bluetooth)
    2. this is fine: in fact when it s new it s either fit too strong or not enough but with time it gets better and you can find a workaround.
    However the headphone is pretty strong so it can be a problem if you listen music very often
    3. Never got any condensation but I don t take picture so often too..
    4. I don t know for the recording but the sound quality is a bit low. For music it s fine but very often I have problem to understand people on the phone but it s also a network problem...I think I m gonna buy a bluetooth earphone.
    Also, the main speaker is on the back which very stupid when you play music...

For me, the main issue with this phone will be:
    - internal storage: the system take something like 4.5 G so you get only 3 for you... and there is no simple solution to fix that except Root+FolderMount(app2sd..are not working)
    - not so much developement: sony is slow to update and as this phone wasn t so popular not so many developers are working on it.
    For instance, it s still not really clear if we will get Kitkat...

My advice: If you can have this phone for a really interesting price, go for it but don t forget the limitation and the probably very short support you will get (I think Sony will drop it next summer and everyone will move for Z1C or Z2 soom...)
    Hi, How many people are facing this issue?
    Sony Xperia ZR issue

are you using stock rom ? custom based rom`s have that issue.. on the other hand the stock rom have a great sound recording ..
    2- Weak USB Flap
    3- Camera condesation
    4- Bad sound recording

I guess I'll give my opinion to the list you posted.
    (I have my ZR for about 3 months already)

1. I think it is a factory defect since not all users experience it(Including me)

2. You can buy Its charging dock to avoid using the USB port and preserve its strength, anyways, its life will depend on how you open/close it. I always lift it up carefully then rotate it when I open it(not like others where they bend the cover when opening it.)

3. Same as number 1

4. You mean in Video recording? It does happen when you submerge it in the water, but will vanish when the water dries out. Its video recording is really quite decent (Despite the fact that recording 6 minutes of Full HD video will consume about 700mb already :) ).

If you really can't afford the Z1C then I can really suggest this phone. Just take great measures in choosing the store where you will get it.