nexus 5 rom porting over to xperia z ultra 6806 ...not Google Play edition Rom

Search This thread

kingrichards

Mar 25, 2010
Hello does anyone know if it can happen?
Porting over nexus 5 ROM on xperia z ultra?

Or is there a ROM already that have 4.4 nexus launcher?

kingrichards

Mar 25, 2010
I don't think you know what im talking about on nexus 5 at the home screen if you swipe to the left you get the Google now which I like.. You don't have to drag from the home virtual button to go to google now

If you see the nexus 5 video you will know what I'm talking about

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
OMFG, people. Yes, OP. The Google Experience Launcher, yes the on the Nexus 5 uses, is wildly available to download on the internet, and there are NO reasons to port a whole ROM just for the launcher, LOL. That's like porting iOS to our device for the font. We don't have to do that.

I'm running the GPe ROM with GEL, and everything works as it should. Yes, Google Now (swipe to left) works just fine.

This thread should also be in the Q&A section.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

Reactions: harrold11237

kingrichards

Mar 25, 2010
OMFG, people. Yes, OP. The Google Experience Launcher, yes the on the Nexus 5 uses, is wildly available to download on the internet, and there are NO reasons to port a whole ROM just for the launcher, LOL. That's like porting iOS to our device for the font. We don't have to do that.

I'm running the GPe ROM with GEL, and everything works as it should. Yes, Google Now (swipe to left) works just fine.

The reason for my post is to be able to still keep the xreality features .
Since the actual GPE ultra is able to still have xreality on GPE

The way I understood is that once we unlock boot loader we are not going to be able to still have the xreality correct?

mailme45

Apr 12, 2010
Milwaukee

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Do you, or anyone, know if there is a way to make the icons on the GEL smaller, both on the home screens and in the app drawer? I changed the dpi in build.prop to 320 before even trying the launcher, and this is the only additional change I would like to make. I tried changing the dpi with Xposed, both the launcher and Google Search. I don't care about anything but icon size, as it's kind of jarring to leave an app in phablet or tablet mode, only to see massive icons. I'm running the GPe Rom port on a C6833.

Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b

Do you, or anyone, know if there is a way to make the icons on the GEL smaller, both on the home screens and in the app drawer? I changed the dpi in build.prop to 320 before even trying the launcher, and this is the only additional change I would like to make. I tried changing the dpi with Xposed, both the launcher and Google Search. I don't care about anything but icon size, as it's kind of jarring to leave an app in phablet or tablet mode, only to see massive icons. I'm running the GPe Rom port on a C6833.

Yup, just install this module (if you're using Xposed) and that's it.

Reactions: mailme45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yup, just install this module (if you're using Xposed) and that's it.