Firmware update Nokia X/XL on Rooted device

Search This thread

josheadj

Mar 21, 2013
Hi
This q is actually about Nokia XL but should also apply for X (since there is no thread for Nokia XL)

I have a rooted XL. Got a notification that there is a FW update and selected "Update"

The phone rebooted and crashed in the middle, with a white triangle image, and rebooted back to the current firmware.
I have no idea how to update this!! I unrooted it using supersu and tried again, still same result.

Finding a stock updated rom is a huge headache as there are very very few devs workin on XL

So...can anybody help me?
Thanks.

Oseans

Jul 28, 2014
Yeah me too, i can't update to 1.2.3.1 from my nokia XL rooted. Maybe anyone can help please? Thanks

Last edited:

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
Hi
This q is actually about Nokia XL but should also apply for X (since there is no thread for Nokia XL)

I have a rooted XL. Got a notification that there is a FW update and selected "Update"

The phone rebooted and crashed in the middle, with a white triangle image, and rebooted back to the current firmware.
I have no idea how to update this!! I unrooted it using supersu and tried again, still same result.

Finding a stock updated rom is a huge headache as there are very very few devs workin on XL

Thanks.

Yeah me too, i can't update to 1.2.3.1 from my nokia XL rooted. Maybe anyone can help please? Thanks

I recommend using Nokia Care Suite to flash the latest Stock ROM yourself. ;)

gopikumar474

Jul 29, 2014
Problem solved

Hi

Thanks.

Hi i was getting the same problem but i was able to update then.
the steps i have have followed were:
1.Turn off your nokia xl mobile and again while turning on your mobile you will get a nokia logo on the screen at that time press and hold the volume up button for 10 seconds then you will be getting a recovery window from there you have to select apply update from the external storage option by using power button.
*Selection can be done using the power button.
2.After selecting that you have to select the Android -->>data-->>com.nokia.update-->>files-->>update.Inside update folder you will see the 1.2.3.1 update file which you have downloaded and then select the file by using the power button and the update will start installing like normal. Atleast this was working in my case.I am sure this will solve the problem.

Reactions: markeym0use

josheadj

Mar 21, 2013
worked halfway, then failed

1.Turn off your nokia xl mobile and again while turning on your mobile you will get a nokia logo on the screen at that time press and hold the volume up button for 10 seconds then you will be getting a recovery window from there you have to select apply update from the external storage option by using power button.
2.After selecting that you have to select the Android -->>data-->>com.nokia.update-->>files-->>update.Inside update folder you will see the 1.2.3.1 update file which you have downloaded and then select the file by using the power button and the update will start installing like normal. Atleast this was working in my case.I am sure this will solve the problem.

Bro, you are a genius. Thanks,
although it said "Update Failed and installation aborted"
verifying current system...
assert failed: apply)patch_check("/system/app/provision.apk", sth and just rebooted.

but i guess i know what the problem might be, i'll try removing gapps reflash the old 1.1.1 rom and then try to update.
that might work. will get back. but thanks for the reply

josheadj

Mar 21, 2013
SOLVED !!

YESS!!

phew!
so heres what i did.

i downloaded a stock rom of 1.1.1 and flashed it using AngSanley's Nokia X Flasher.
(didnt wipe data, that option can be left unchecked)

Then,
Reboot,
selected update again
and voila !! It did..without any problems. And btw, theres now a recent apps button on the drop down status bar in 1.2.3.1, looks smooth.
so...:laugh:

Last edited:

lgsmurli06

Jul 29, 2014
not able to update 1.2.3.1

I followed your steps, however i was not able to find the update in the sd card. can you please tell me is there any option of getting it done manually and saving it to my computer

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

i am not able to find the update in sd card. i dont know where it is..after booting when i checked of installing from sd card, the update is not available. can you pls tell me where is that stored in mobile.

harsha9666

Jul 30, 2014
YESS!!

phew!
so heres what i did.

i downloaded a stock rom of 1.1.1 and flashed it using AngSanley's Nokia X Flasher.

Then,
Reboot,
selected update again
and voila !! It did..without any problems. And btw, theres now a recent apps button on the drop down status bar in 1.2.3.1, looks smooth.

please decribe the procedure i got same error as u got please provide some info......

josheadj

Mar 21, 2013
please decribe the procedure i got same error as u got please provide some info......

okay, first, download AngSanley's Nokia X Flasher (u can find it here in xda)
then, download a stock rom of nokia xl
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwwE8dUldDvMem4tTmxXeUFFX1E/edit

use this video to flash the rom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grf1mAchGlw
(you dont have to flash the userdata img, that will wipe the data)

now ur back on stock rom,

now try updating normally. should work. good luck

Last edited:

harsha9666

Jul 30, 2014
thank u very much

muah...... thanks it worked i installed my update.... thank u very much .... i recommend everyone who are not able to update to use this method

josheadj

Mar 21, 2013
what happens if i unroot and then apply update

I tried that but it didn't work. I'm guessing the issue was with gapps. And the only way to remove gapps was through refreshing a stock ROM.

muah...... thanks it worked i installed my update.... thank u very much .... i recommend everyone who are not able to update to use this method

You're welcome :)

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

lgsmurli06

Jul 29, 2014
nokia xl FW update issue

YESS!!

phew!
so heres what i did.

Then,
Reboot,
selected update again

can you tell me the link to download the stock rom 1.1.1

KiemZz

Jul 29, 2014
I have rooted my Nokia XL with nokia x manager and then update to version 1.2 without flashing and without problem,, but the root access is gone after update although play store wasnt lost, I can't root it back whenever I tryng,, what should I do then??? I need root access, please help

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
I have rooted my Nokia XL with nokia x manager and then update to version 1.2 without flashing and without problem,, but the root access is gone after update although play store wasnt lost, I can't root it back whenever I tryng,, what should I do then??? I need root access, please help

You need to re-install the adb drivers. Then, Nokia X Manager will work once again.

Reactions: KiemZz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

okay, first, download AngSanley's Nokia X Flasher (u can find it here in xda)
    then, download a stock rom of nokia xl
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwwE8dUldDvMem4tTmxXeUFFX1E/edit

use this video to flash the rom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grf1mAchGlw
    (you dont have to flash the userdata img, that will wipe the data)

now ur back on stock rom,

now try updating normally. should work. good luck
    Problem solved

Hi

Thanks.

You need to re-install the adb drivers. Then, Nokia X Manager will work once again.