[Q] Note 3 Proximity Sensor works even after the call!

Search This thread

sambhavmathur

Dec 3, 2013
Bhopal
Whenever I make, receive or even check my balance(which had absolutely nothing to do with the sensor), after the call is over proximity sensor still works! :crying: :eek:
Gets pretty annoying some time Later, can't work, play games, watch movies just somehow hand comes in front of it and then Sensor detects it and black out the entire screen!
Please if someone knows anything about it, I desperately need their help! Thanks. :good:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Might sound silly, but have you enabled all your Samsung Air/Gesture commands etc? -- also Smart stay/Pause?

If so, disable them.

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
there are a few thread for proximity sensors problems... search and you will find some useful information.
but in short, there is probably some dust in front of the proximity sensor.

a temporary fix is to blow some air in the earpiece... but the problem will eventually come back.
I do this once a month.

The other thing you can do is disassemble your phone, clean the proximity sensor lens, maybe add some kind of protection to protect it from dust... and reassemble everything.

sambhavmathur

Dec 3, 2013
Bhopal
there are a few thread for proximity sensors problems... search and you will find some useful information.

a temporary fix is to blow some air in the earpiece... but the problem will eventually come back.
I do this once a month.

The other thing you can do is disassemble your phone, clean the proximity sensor lens, maybe add some kind of protection to protect it from dust... and reassemble everything.

But how to disassemble the phone it must be a risky business!

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Whenever I make, receive or even check my balance(which had absolutely nothing to do with the sensor), after the call is over proximity sensor still works! :crying: :eek:
Gets pretty annoying some time Later, can't work, play games, watch movies just somehow hand comes in front of it and then Sensor detects it and black out the entire screen!
Please if someone knows anything about it, I desperately need their help! Thanks. :good:

Try going to Settings>General>Application manager>All>Phone and clearing data.
If that doesn't help, try doing a factory reset.
Failing that, try availing warranty, or if you are Knox 0x1, try another ROM.

I do this once a month.

His problem seems to be a software issue and not a hardware one.

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
Try going to Settings>General>Application manager>All>Phone and clearing data.
If that doesn't help, try doing a factory reset.
Failing that, try availing warranty, or if you are Knox 0x1, try another ROM.

His problem seems to be a software issue and not a hardware one.

I had the exact same problem with my device... and the problem is hardware (dust in front of the proximity sensor)...
I tried everything, including a factory reset, and the only thing that fix it (for now) is to blow some air in the earpiece.
Next step will be to disassemble and clean the sensor manually

sambhavmathur

Dec 3, 2013
Bhopal
A New Development

Before when I call or receive a call from anybody the proximity sensor still worked and turned the screen off even after the call, but now my phone is acting even more weird!
After the call the headphone jack is also not working!
Desperately need assistance guys, pls help!

alexpsilos

Apr 25, 2013
Athens
Hello,a week ago my proximity sensor started making bizarre things.The screen stayed black after calls etc etc. I went to Samsung in Greece and they changed the sensor.I had the phone back after 4 days...4 difficult days because I am in love with my phone but now everything is working fine. I saw a lot of threads in forums about proximity sensor problems on this phone...too bad! :(

sambhavmathur

Dec 3, 2013
Bhopal
Hello,a week ago my proximity sensor started making bizarre things.The screen stayed black after calls etc etc. I went to Samsung in Greece and they changed the sensor.I had the phone back after 4 days...4 difficult days because I am in love with my phone but now everything is working fine. I saw a lot of threads in forums about proximity sensor problems on this phone...too bad! :(

But I can't send my phone to Samsung because I rooted it and that triggered Knox warranty so I probably need some other way!
If anybody knows anything please help!

alexpsilos

Apr 25, 2013
Athens
But I can't send my phone to Samsung because I rooted it and that triggered Knox warranty so I probably need some other way!
If anybody knows anything please help!

Try what he says! if this do not work then, or you have to pay to get your phone fixed or find a way to fix it yourself (buying a new proximity sensor and changing it through the help of videos).The second option will be a pain in the *** and I would never try it as I am not sure if it could go well.

BLEK0TA

Oct 31, 2011
Bratislava
Absolutly same problem i gotta

my proximity senzor is still little red Everything works fine. Like test or calls but is still slightly red. When i restart phone is black but after first call is slightly red and turn black only after restart.. but works fine. Any solution?