notepro sleeps intermittently and then buttons are disabled

Search This thread

gnilow

Aug 1, 2011
hi guys,

not sure if you're facing this issue.
i recently bought a protective cover, and after fixing it, noticed that the device is behaving odly.

it sleeps intermittently during use (as if you pressed the on/off button) and when you press on/off to turn it back, the home button and capacitive buttons are not functional. Back, home, and the task buttons can't work... after a few minutes of on/off, then it's ok.

however, when i take it out of the protective cover, it doesn't happen.

any of you have that problem?

Thanks.
Regards,
Liang

cfisher

Mar 3, 2010
Yeah, I've experienced this problem too. I have a case that can flip the orientation of the screen. It seems that if I flip the tablet around the capacitive buttons come back. Very strange problem. I hope they can fix it in an update.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hopefully the sensitivity of the magnetic sensor that controls smart cover functionality can be reduced via a software update. Until then being cognizant of it and realizing what orientation we have to keep our cover flaps away from to keep from triggering the screen off feature is all we can do.

Some cases have weaker magnets than others.

gnilow

Aug 1, 2011
Hopefully the sensitivity of the magnetic sensor that controls smart cover functionality can be reduced via a software update. Until then being cognizant of it and realizing what orientation we have to keep our cover flaps away from to keep from triggering the screen off feature is all we can do.

Some cases have weaker magnets than others.

hi,

the cover i have does not have magnets.
where exactly the sensor that tirggers the sleep?

thanks.
gnilow

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
The sensor is approximately 1.75 inches to the right of the G in the Samsung Logo and 1.5 inches from the top edge of the tablet.

Have you run a paper clip along all surfaces of the case/cover to determine for sure that there are no magnets embedded within either side of it? Magnets used for the on/off functionality in covers are thin and hidden inside the cardboard that is within the fabric/leather linings.

gnilow

Aug 1, 2011
The sensor is approximately 1.75 inches to the right of the G in the Samsung Logo and 1.5 inches from the top edge of the tablet.

Have you run a paper clip along all surfaces of the case/cover to determine for sure that there are no magnets embedded within either side of it? Magnets used for the on/off functionality in covers are thin and hidden inside the cardboard that is within the fabric/leather linings.

thanks... but what exactly am i looking at? or is it internal?

you reckon that it's the magnet that's causing this? funny, it was a cheap case, will run through a clip along the surface and check it out.

thanks