[Q] Wireless Tether Mobile Hotspot Issue

Search This thread

Crucia1

Nov 23, 2006
Georgia
Hey guys to give you alittle of a background. I am simply just trying to activate my wireless tether so I can use it on my ipad. Mobile hotspot works on my tmobile phone with a snap of a finger. Listed below is a image of my thunderbolts error upon bootup. Ive gotten this error on SOAB BAMF, Liquid Smooth. Ive done alot of research but just keep hitting a stump. Any help will be greatly appreciated. lastly, I have never flashed a radio to this phone before and I dont know how...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

xredjokerx

Nov 25, 2009
I will help you, but you must promise me not to abuse your data... >20gbs a month. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Radios w/ instructions:
http://forums.infectedrom.com/showt...rbolt-Radios-Collection-778-Radio-Modem-Tweak

Wifi Tether (Credit: C&P from Eternity Forums) (http://forums.infectedrom.com/showthread.php/991-FAQ-★-☆-Eternity-Rom-☆-★-Read-before-posting)
WIFI TETHERING:

Q. I can't seem to get the Mobile Hotspot app to work. How do I tether my device to my pc for internet?
A. Use the latest version of Wifi Tether from HERE
Set it up with the following settings:
Required Settings:
Settings for wifi_tether_v3_1_pre111.apk
Device-Profile > Thunderbolt
Setup-Method > Auto
Wifi-diriver reload > Checked
Routing fix > Checked
Disable Wake-Lock > Checked

Reactions: Crucia1

Crucia1

Nov 23, 2006
Georgia
I will help you, but you must promise me not to abuse your data... >20gbs a month. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Radios w/ instructions:
http://forums.infectedrom.com/showt...rbolt-Radios-Collection-778-Radio-Modem-Tweak

Wifi Tether (Credit: C&P from Eternity Forums) (http://forums.infectedrom.com/showthread.php/991-FAQ-★-☆-Eternity-Rom-☆-★-Read-before-posting)
WIFI TETHERING:

Q. I can't seem to get the Mobile Hotspot app to work. How do I tether my device to my pc for internet?
Required Settings:
Setup-Method > Auto
Routing fix > Checked

I definitely want to thank your first and foremost whether this works or not. I thank you for your time. Secondly, 20gb a month? heheh I doubt ive ever hit that mark. This is my work phone specifically used for email and data and very little calls, I primarily use my personal phone samsung galaxy s2 for calls and text... but last I checked on mytmobile the most ive used in 4 years is 1.7gb lol and thats heavy for me hahaha. ty ty again.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I know I don't have a thunderbolt but the same issue appears on the droid incredible 2. I found a fix and posted it here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583816
For some strange reason the cm team left out the two modules that activate WiFi and that's why you get that error.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Crucia1

Nov 23, 2006
Georgia
I thank you guys again for your support however, i followed both techniques listed above with no luck. Give me a second to get setup at the office and Ill shoot another picture of the error that I am recieving. Your knowledge is not taken for granted.

Ty

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I thank you guys again for your support however, i followed both techniques listed above with no luck. Give me a second to get setup at the office and Ill shoot another picture of the error that I am recieving. Your knowledge is not taken for granted.

Ty

What version of wireless tether are you using? The fix I posted was for v2.0.7. I have never had any kicking getting the beta builds to work.

Update: I just realized that I have dun disabled on my phone. Im not 100% sure but that may have something to do with why it works for me but not for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crucia1

Crucia1

Nov 23, 2006
Georgia
What version of wireless tether are you using? The fix I posted was for v2.0.7. I have never had any kicking getting the beta builds to work.

Update: I just realized that I have dun disabled on my phone. Im not 100% sure but that may have something to do with why it works for me but not for you.

I tested the settings with 2.0.7 got the same errors, then I tried the latest beta build. My tier 3 rep at work uses gingeritus and 2.0.7 and hes coasting :( but we just dont know what it is about mine. I am going to test the DUN setting you just told me about. I really appreciate all the insight you have provided.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I tested the settings with 2.0.7 got the same errors, then I tried the latest beta build. My tier 3 rep at work uses gingeritus and 2.0.7 and hes coasting :( but we just dont know what it is about mine. I am going to test the DUN setting you just told me about. I really appreciate all the insight you have provided.

Is his rom sense based and yours cm7 based? I found that sense roms usually don't have this issue but all the roms that are aosp do.

Crucia1

Nov 23, 2006
Georgia

Radios w/ instructions:

WIFI TETHERING:
Required Settings:
Setup-Method > Auto
Routing fix > Checked

This is what i got with the settings listed above. I just recently flashed gingeritus on Friday. Never had the option to use hotspot. Wifi always starts with errors. Thanks for the support and help... once again I am out of straws... what would you guys do in my situation? Lastly, Idk if I stated but i flashed my radio to the latest MR4 as well. Help..... :(

Last edited:

Crucia1

Nov 23, 2006
Georgia
I just recently uploaded Gingeritus I was using son of a bliss didnt get the wifi tethering, liquid smooth rom, great battery life and no wifi, now gingeritus. May I ask what other rom you would suggest?

xredjokerx

Nov 25, 2009
I personally had flawless wifi tethering with Infected Eternity with the wifi tether setup I posted. Have you tried the new radios? :)

Crucia1

Nov 23, 2006
Georgia
When i select the hotspot tethering and try to enable it just unchecks itself, I am running the latest MR4 radio and build 248 of the infected eternity rom. Guess im just not suppose to have this feature at all :( Thanks for everyone that has helped its truly appreciated.

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com
I had some issues with different ROMs as well well getting wifi tether to work, but here is what I have which currently works:

a. Thundershed 1.5
b. IMO Lean Kernel 6.1 for AOSP
c. Latest Radio from 2.11.605.19
d. wireless tether 2.0.7
- Be sure to check the Routing Fix in Settings

When I start up Wifi Tether it brings up "Tethering or hotspot Active" in the status bar from the built-in hotspot, but that doesn't seem to affect wifi tether.

Also, when I first set it up I started it, let it setup the binaries and get superuser permission, then I stopped it, let it do whatever, then started it again.

I can connect without issue now. I hope this helps in some way.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I just got my thunderbolt today so maybe tomorrow I can look into it more for anyone interested and come up with a fix maybe. I haven't had a chance to get root but ill have time tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Radios w/ instructions:

WIFI TETHERING:

Required Settings:
    Setup-Method > Auto
    Routing fix > Checked

Ty