<< GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada >>

Search This thread

harrythescorpion

Nov 24, 2010
EDIT: I think I got it, I am on a Virgin Mobile Supertab (From old phone still being paid off) and changed from that older phone, that didn't have LTE, to the S3 , I went into my Virgin Mobile "My Account' and it showed my phones it only listed the HTC Legend I had few months ago, but not the S3 itself, and beside it saying this device runs on a HSPA+ network. I'm getting this fixed on Monday so I'll see what happens then. If somebody can do it sooner though if they have the same issue with Virgin Mobile/Bell, that would be great too. The system I guess still thinks that I have the HTC Legend which doesn't run LTE.

Hey, i am facing the exact same issue. so was it resolved for you after virgin mobile changed your settings from backend?

brucelex

Nov 20, 2012
I can report that those settings for the Rogers LTE APN are correct and working.

On this same front, there seems to be a lot of misinformation (old, incomplete, or irrelevant) wandering around the internet about how to set up Rogers Tethering properly.

Anyone out there had any success with Rogers Data Tethering? I can't tell if there is something specific that needs to be done differently for the SGS3, because mine is confirmed set up on Rogers internal side, but i can't for the life of me figure out the settings to get my SGS3 connection shared with my iPad.

Thanks!

EDIT/ADDITION:

So with a great deal of fiddling around, and a little bit more information for you here:

1) The device I'm trying to tether on is the iPad 2

2) I have had limited success in wifi hotspot tethering, but only through some monkeying around that I don't have the technical background to explain why this would be the case.

I added in various APNs and tested a bunch of combinations. Nothing particularly worked when connected to the LTE network. The last time tethering did work for me was with AOKP b5, and I'm now running CM10 10/24 Nightly. The one...flaw?...with AOKP was that my LTE connection wasn't turned on, and wasn't sticking. So the last time my tethering worked was when I was connected to 3G/H/H+ with AOKP by mistake.

So, I tested that on CM10 by entering the rogers-core-appl1.apn, and bumping down my preferred connection to GSM/WCDMA.

Suddenly, success!

Now...the technical part that maybe someone with more experience can answer is - does the wifi hotspot communicate something to the iPad2 where it is trying to use or show use of an LTE connection?? Is that why tethering would work on the 3G/H/H+ connections, but would not work when my SGS3 was connected to the 4G network??

Thanks!
Matt

I'm trying to figure this out as well. As long as I don't have LTE turned on, I can tether. Doesn't matter if I use internet.com apn or ltemobile.apn.
Tethering doesn't work over LTE. I tried using FoxFi, same result.

Sepharite

Oct 12, 2011
I'm using Task's 10/28 build and I can't connect to LTE. If I change the network mode to LTE/GSM, I get no signal. APN settings are correct, and I live in a LTE location (toronto).

My sister is using the exact same build and is getting 4G. Perhaps I just need a full wipe?

Sepharite

Oct 12, 2011
Yeah, his newer builds have a black screen wake, which sometimes takes 5-6 seconds to wake up. Extremely annoying so I reverted back to his older build.

krikor22

Dec 28, 2012
Toronto
www.techfibe.com
Can't figure this out!

Hey Guys,

I'm running a TELUS SGH-I747, I am on AOKP 4.2.1 build 12.23.2012.

I have an issue where the settings through *#*#4636#*#* dont stick whether I reboot or not
I try setting it to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) but it always defaults back to WCDMA preferred. It only sticks when I have it on LTE/GSM auto (PRL), and even then I rarely pickup the 4G (LTE) network.

I also have an issue where the Network Mode through Settings>More..>Mobile Networks> doesnt stick on reboot.

When I randomly do pickup up the 4G network, speed tests confirm it to be LTE as I reach over 20Mbps.
I live in Toronto, we are completely LTE covered.

It must be an issue with either rooting in general or the custom ROM since on stock I would always have LTE coverage.
- I've fully wiped multiple times, I've even tried different roms (Liquidsmooth RC5 & RC9) but no luck.

If anyone has a resolution please advise!!!
Thank you.

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Hey Guys,

I'm running a TELUS SGH-I747, I am on AOKP 4.2.1 build 12.23.2012.

I have an issue where the settings through *#*#4636#*#* dont stick whether I reboot or not
I try setting it to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) but it always defaults back to WCDMA preferred. It only sticks when I have it on LTE/GSM auto (PRL), and even then I rarely pickup the 4G (LTE) network.

I also have an issue where the Network Mode through Settings>More..>Mobile Networks> doesnt stick on reboot.

When I randomly do pickup up the 4G network, speed tests confirm it to be LTE as I reach over 20Mbps.
I live in Toronto, we are completely LTE covered.

It must be an issue with either rooting in general or the custom ROM since on stock I would always have LTE coverage.
- I've fully wiped multiple times, I've even tried different roms (Liquidsmooth RC5 & RC9) but no luck.

If anyone has a resolution please advise!!!
Thank you.

What is your baseband?

krikor22

Dec 28, 2012
Toronto
www.techfibe.com
Seeing as though you're on the latest baseband, and a ROM version that has long been fixed from reverting those settings, have you tried a full-wipe and reflash, with all the steps including format /system ?

I'll admit I'm pretty new to the ROM game, I appreciate your patience.
But here's what I've done multiple times in order to try and fix this issue.

1. Wipe data/factory reset
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe dalvik cache
4. Format System in mounts & storage.
5. then Flash the rom of my choice, in this case AOKP.
6. Flash GAPPS
7. Reboot.

I've done these steps multiple times, trying different roms, LiquidSMOOTH rc5/RC9 as well as the latest CM10 (buggy as hell for me..) and now AOKP.

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I'll admit I'm pretty new to the ROM game, I appreciate your patience.
But here's what I've done multiple times in order to try and fix this issue.

1. Wipe data/factory reset
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe dalvik cache
4. Format System in mounts & storage.
5. then Flash the rom of my choice, in this case AOKP.
6. Flash GAPPS
7. Reboot.

I've done these steps multiple times, trying different roms, LiquidSMOOTH rc5/RC9 as well as the latest CM10 (buggy as hell for me..) and now AOKP.

and which gapps do you use? whats it say up top? H+, 4G?

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I flashed Gapps for Jellybean 4.2 12/19/2012 straight from the AOKP developer page.
It switches from 3G to H to H+ all the time.
When I randomly pickup 4G after playing around with the settings, It will on 4G, which according to AOKP FAQ is LTE untill I reboot.

You have done everything properly... Correct ROM file and gapps, and proper wipes... you have the newest baseband for Canadian variants, are properly setting LTE, and can get it until a reboot... at this point, unfortunately there's no magic that can be performed on your end to make it work...

Have you read through task's thread for similar reports with 4.2.1?

If you don't mind flashing, and wiping a bunch, I would try one of task's 4.1.2 ROMs and see if it works properly... If it does, you'll have to take this up in the ROM thread, after making sure no one else has reported the same issue ;)

Last edited:

krikor22

Dec 28, 2012
Toronto
www.techfibe.com
You have done everything properly... Correct ROM file and gapps, and proper wipes... you have the newest baseband for Canadian variants, are properly setting LTE, and can get it until a reboot... at this point, unfortunately there's no magic that can be performed on your end to make it work...

Have you read through task's thread for similar reports?

If you don't mind flashing, and wiping a bunch, I would try one of task's 4.1.2 ROMs and see if it works properly... If it does, you'll have to take this up in the ROM thread, after making sure no one else has reported the same issue ;)

I never thought to revert back to AOKP 4.1.2 ROM, Like I said I had tried LiquidSmooth which is based on 4.1.2 and had the same problem.
I will however make this attempt. I really haven't had the chance to read through 1000 posts (im at work haha) but I guess it'll have to wait for me to get home.

I really appreciate your help!

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I never thought to revert back to AOKP 4.1.2 ROM, Like I said I had tried LiquidSmooth which is based on 4.1.2 and had the same problem.
I will however make this attempt. I really haven't had the chance to read through 1000 posts (im at work haha) but I guess it'll have to wait for me to get home.

I really appreciate your help!

Just read the last few pages... Settings not sticking on reboot used to be a problem, but has been fixed...

mbeez

Oct 10, 2012
in the latest build 12/28, when I upgraded I pretty much lost all cell signal. I don't have very good signal in my house to begin with (1-2 bars) but upgrading now I have 0. anyone else having this issue?

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
in the latest build 12/28, when I upgraded I pretty much lost all cell signal. I don't have very good signal in my house to begin with (1-2 bars) but upgrading now I have 0. anyone else having this issue?

That's an issue across all 4.2 roms... sometimes having to reboot a few times to get proper signal or data... they're working on it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you having issues with LTE on an AOSP ROM? Look here for information, and post any questions you may have about the subject.

First, we need to debunk the carrier's explanation of 4g. The carriers will explain to you that if it says 4g on the stock ROM you are using LTE. That is NOT true, 4g on the stock ROM is actually H, or H+, which is technically 3.5g, and not LTE. The stock ROM displays LTE as 4g LTE

So the first thing you need to do is make SURE you are in a location that has LTE coverage. Go to your carrier's website and verify with their coverage map

Coverage Maps:

AT&T
    Rogers
    Bell
    Telus

AOSP based ROMs display your true network connectivity as follows:

G = GPRS
    E = EDGE
    3g = 3g
    H = HSDPA / HSPA
    H+ = HSDPA+ / HSPA+
    4g = LTE

For Canadian users, you MUST verify LTE / GSM / WCDMA is selected.

The Dialer Code is *#*#DATA*#*# (or *#*#4636#*#*). You will enter the Data Programming menu, to set it.

Here is an app that will access the menu for you:

LTEOnOFF

Reported ROMs the settings stick on reboot:

CM10
    SlimBean
    AOKP

Now you have to verify you are using the correct LTE APN settings, and if not, add it.
    You can access your APNs by "System Settings => More => Mobile networks => Access Point Names"

Here are the LTE settings for ALL US and Canadian carriers:

AT&T

Name: ATT PTA
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Rogers

APN - ltemobile.apn
    Proxy - <not set>
    Port - <not set>
    Username- <Not set>
    Passwors - <not set>
    Server < not set>
    MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
    MMS - Port 80
    MMS protocol - Wap 2.0 or Blank
    MCC - 302
    MNC - 720
    Aythentication type - < not set>
    APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

Bell

APN: pda.bell.ca
    Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    Port:80
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:302
    MNC: 610
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN Type: Not set

Telus

NAME: TELUS SP
    APN: sp.telus.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
    MMS Port: 80
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 220
    Authentication type: not set
    APN Type: default,mms,hipri
    Bearer: unspecified

Alaska Communications (ACS)
    2 APNs

Data APN:

Name: ACS Data
    APN: web.acs
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)
    APN type: “default,supl” or “*”

MMS APN:

Name: ACS MMS
    APN: mms.acs
    MMSC: http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
    MMS proxy: 209.4.229.92
    MMS port: 9201
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)
    APN type: mms

Or the easiest way to do it would be just to edit the two current (GCI) APNs and change in the APN where ‘gci’ is listed to ‘acs’.

-Frozen

Fido

apn: ltemobile.apn
    mmsc: http://mms.fido.ca
    mms proxy: 204.151.11.13
    mms port: 80
    mcc: 370
    apn type: internet +mms
    reserved for god
    My lte wasn't working when I flashed to cm10 yesterday. I did the steps you stated, deleted all other apn other than the rogerslte one and restarted my phone. It has been working since then.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Carrier? could you post your settings for help with the guide? If they look exactly the same, just say theyre the same...
    I'm with Rogers, everything is the same except for the mms protocol. I left mine blank instead of Wap 2.0

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

fixed, thx
    Could users of other AOSP ROMs comment on does it stick on reboot?