[Q] Changing dialer...

Search This thread

badmf80

Apr 15, 2012
Hi all,
I'm current using Viper Rom on my Amaze and am finding it a bit more stable than SpeedRom which was my DD for a couple of years basically. My only issue with Viper is that I hate the HTC dialer and would like to swap out for the SpeedRom dialer which I think is AOSP but \I'm not sure.

Is it just as simple as pushing the phone.apk file from SpeedRom or is it more complex than that? Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Hi Joe, it's a little bit more in depth than that.
In most cases, there are dependent library files related to the system apps.
HTC sense is very complicated. Aosp is what it's based on. Honestly I haven't tried much of using anything aosp in viper.
There's also a different framework in sense that sick doesn't have.
That is why aosp has working Bluetooth and sense 4.0 and up doesn't. There's so many dependencies that need editing and you pretty much would have to be a HTC programmer to make things work.
If you can find all the files that go with the dialer, it may work.
Also, there may be an after market app on the play store that meet yells the same result you are looking for.

Chevy

Sent from my HTC Ruby using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Oh, I haven't played with speedrom in a long time so I don't remember if it's sense or aosp.

Reactions: badmf80

badmf80

Apr 15, 2012
HTC sense is very complicated. Aosp is what it's based on. Honestly I haven't tried much of using anything aosp in viper.
That is why aosp has working Bluetooth and sense 4.0 and up doesn't. There's so many dependencies that need editing and you pretty much would have to be a HTC programmer to make things work.
Also, there may be an after market app on the play store that meet yells the same result you are looking for.

Chevy

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Oh, I haven't played with speedrom in a long time so I don't remember if it's sense or aosp.

Thanks so much for the reply Chevy you are the man, I'll check out after-market options. Loving your rom, really appreciate your work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks!

Thanks so much for the reply Chevy you are the man, I'll check out after-market options. Loving your rom, really appreciate your work!

Wait till you get a taste of sense 5! ;)

Chevy