Not able to access my data outside my Nexus 5

Search This thread

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
I just got an issue with both my Nexus 5 and my Nexus 7and CM11
Posted questions in the nexus 7 forum, but even if the reasons are not the same (For my N7 deadly switch from Davilk to ART, while my N5 was a nighties upgrade), in the end both devices are in the same state: they boot, I access to my data, many of CM11 menus are screwed up and notifications don't show (3/4G doesn't work either, but Wifi does).
I wnat to factory reset and install clenaly a new ROM. Big probleme: although I do regular Titanium backups (every night actually) and I can access this data on my phone when booting, I cannot push he data outside the phone.. Whenever I connect my N5 to the PC it recognizes it, I can click on it, but when checking, it just shows absolutely no dtaa. I tried enabling/disabling MTP, same for USB debug and also uninstalled all drivers and tried both ADB and usual N5 drivers. No luck :(
Anyone has an idea? I feel really like an idiot :(

Link to more details for my N7 as well: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51813777

I just got an issue with both my Nexus 5 and my Nexus 7and CM11
Posted questions in the nexus 7 forum, but even if the reasons are not the same (For my N7 deadly switch from Davilk to ART, while my N5 was a nighties upgrade), in the end both devices are in the same state: they boot, I access to my data, many of CM11 menus are screwed up and notifications don't show (3/4G doesn't work either, but Wifi does).
I wnat to factory reset and install clenaly a new ROM. Big probleme: although I do regular Titanium backups (every night actually) and I can access this data on my phone when booting, I cannot push he data outside the phone.. Whenever I connect my N5 to the PC it recognizes it, I can click on it, but when checking, it just shows absolutely no dtaa. I tried enabling/disabling MTP, same for USB debug and also uninstalled all drivers and tried both ADB and usual N5 drivers. No luck :(
Anyone has an idea? I feel really like an idiot :(

Link to more details for my N7 as well: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51813777

Is the phone turned on and the screen unlocked when you try to access it ? As the device will not let you gain access to the data if the phone is screen locked?

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Is the phone turned on and the screen unlocked when you try to access it ? As the device will not let you gain access to the data if the phone is screen locked?

Yes screen on
Unlocked although indeed it behaves like it is locked.
You have a point I will try disabling all security, that may help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited: